Author Topic: Sharpton on Daily Show: OWS! has already changed the national conversation  (Read 11271 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Sharpton on Daily Show: OWS! has already changed the national conversation
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2011, 07:03:35 AM »
.....but as far as I'm concerned, as long as you racist conservatives keep trotting out those pathetic disgusting Toms to bolster your pathetic racist rants, I'll keep calling out the Uncle Toms for what they are

No one trotted out anyone. Both Cain and Sowell arrived at their political positions on their own. Just like a white person does. Why the assumption that they as black men are unable to do that. That's a paternalistic attitude and in this case a racist one as well.

The fact remains, i doubt you can point to one racist statement i have made, yet you continue to label Cain and Sowell with a horrid slur every time you write about them.

Being a liberal does not exempt you from the same standards you use to hold others of different political persuasions feet to the fire.

This is not a case of code words and dog whistles, this is not a case of perception vs intent. This is a case of out and out racist demagoguery.

And you should be ashamed.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2011, 10:06:36 AM »
<<No one trotted out anyone. Both Cain and Sowell arrived at their political positions on their own. Just like a white person does. Why the assumption that they as black men are unable to do that. That's a paternalistic attitude and in this case a racist one as well.>>

That's pure bullshit.  They came to their Uncle Tom position on their own, but unless they're semi-morons, they could not possibly have come to positions that so closely approximate the anti-black positions of the racists that they make common cause with, unless they determined that it was to their personal advantage to serve as Whitey's tools.   Cain's depiction of "most of the black community" as "brainwashed" is particularly offensive - - he doesn't say, as the fact is, that they are brainwashed by Whitey's MSM into supporting the militarism and fascism that determine US foreign policy, he says that they are brainwashed into defending their own interests against The Man.  He's against the struggle of his own community as they continue the fight for equality and dignity.  Sure he arrived at his position on his own, but it's the position of Judas Iscariot.  He's not entitled to any respect for it, he's a disgusting individual.  Sharpton called him out and so did I.  And the correct (i.e. precise and accurate) language for calling him out in this case is just what I said he is - - an Uncle Tom.

<<The fact remains, i doubt you can point to one racist statement i have made, yet you continue to label Cain and Sowell with a horrid slur every time you write about them. >>

I don't have to point to "one racist statement" you have made, most racists are too smart to make racist statements today anyway, but I do recall the extremely lukewarm response of all the conservatives in this group when presented with glaring examples of REAL racism, like Trent Lott or "Senator Makakawitz" (George Allen) or even Strom Thurmond.  THAT'S what makes all their brouhaha about the supposed "racism" of calling out an Uncle Tom so hilarious.

<<Being a liberal does not exempt you from the same standards you use to hold others of different political persuasions feet to the fire. >>

No, but it sure highlights the absurdity of your already absurd allegations of racism.

<<This is not a case of code words and dog whistles, this is not a case of perception vs intent. This is a case of out and out racist demagoguery. >>

Yeah, crank it up, BT.  You mean racist demagoguery as in "Ole Strom shoulda won in 48," or racist demagoguery as in "macaca?"  LMFAO

<<And you should be ashamed.>>

Bullshit.  I'd only be ashamed if I had let your absurdist rant and your faked indignation go unchallenged.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2011, 10:14:58 AM »
You do realize that we are not talking about Trent Lott. We are talking about your own racist statements.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: October 24, 2011, 10:39:58 AM »
<<You do realize that we are not talking about Trent Lott. We are talking about your own racist statements. >>

What "we" are talking about is your reluctance to have your attitude toward Lott's racism compared with your over-the-top hysteria in reacting to MY so-called "racism."

"WE" are in fact talking about hypocritical indignation.  "WE" are talking about farcical concerns.  "WE" are talking abut sheer absurdity.

We are also talking about something that is so absurd and ridiculous that I once told you and the group that I wasn't prepared to waste any more of my time on it.  Shoulda remembered that before I got myself more involved in the same nonsense.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: October 24, 2011, 11:19:06 AM »
Then stop making blatantly racist comments, and you won't need to "waste any time" trying to defend them and try to convince the rest of us that red is blue.          ::)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: October 24, 2011, 02:02:22 PM »
That's pure bullshit.  They came to their Uncle Tom position on their own, but unless they're semi-morons, they could not possibly have come to positions that so closely approximate the anti-black positions of the racists that they make common cause with, unless they determined that it was to their personal advantage to serve as Whitey's tools.

Since when is academic and business success an anti-black position?

And what was my position re:Lott? Have a quote handy?

I have plenty of posts where you slurred blacks by calling them Uncle Toms.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2011, 02:11:54 PM »
OK guys, you have my last word on the subject, so continue hacking away if you will.  I just can't waste any more time on this craziness - - YOU, defending a bunch of Uncle Toms who are basically indefensible, and ME, probably the most anti-racist poster in the whole group being labelled a racist.  It's like the inmates have taken over the asylum.  But I see nothing will convince you, so I am giving up the effort.  It just ain't worth it.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2011, 02:17:23 PM »
-- and YOU continuing to make racist slurs, in calling folks Uncle Toms, then trying to defend it, as if its ok

Yea, you.  And if we were to keep a log of how many times you've been calling folks such a vile slur, you'd be taking top honors as the most racist poster in the whole saloon

Yea, you
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2011, 02:29:57 PM »
-- and YOU continuing to make racist slurs, in calling folks Uncle Toms, then trying to defend it, as if its ok

Yea, you.  And if we were to keep a log of how many times you've been calling folks such a vile slur, you'd be taking top honors as the most racist poster in the whole saloon

Yea, you

These libs think they own black people and apparently they aren't going to give them up without a huge fight.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2011, 03:01:05 PM »
If any mane were to call Rev Sharpton some slur, based on his skin color, that is the textook definition of racism.  Not sure what makes Tee think he can get away with it, simply because he's a hard core leftist

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2011, 03:12:20 PM »
If any mane were to call Rev Sharpton some slur, based on his skin color, that is the textook definition of racism.  Not sure what makes Tee think he can get away with it, simply because he's a hard core leftist

I guess because leftist have been getting away with it up to now.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2011, 03:15:42 PM »
They still think they are

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2011, 03:18:00 PM »
I guess because leftist have been getting away with it up to now.

Oh and let me add that they still are getting away with it outside of 3DHS. Here we call a spade a spade and the chips fall where they fall.

BT seems a lot more tolerant to it these days though. Only a few years ago I got a suspension just for referring to illegals as Wetbacks and I didn't even specify one person directly. Now-a-days XO and Mikey can call African Americans Uncle Tom all day long and keep on posting without any ramifications. Sirs you got a suspension not long ago and I dare say it wasn't up to the level of a racist rant at all.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2011, 03:24:01 PM »
It was actually completely uncalled for, but I allowed time to pass, and when my anger had resolved, I made my way back, with the goal of trying to keep civil.  Not a goal I achieve with an A grade, but a goal, none-the-less.  I think Bt perhaps has a higher bar for those who lean right.  That's why folks on the left can get off perseverating on ongoing racial slurs aimed at folks that dare not agree with their iedology.  Its good for all of us to keep tabs on others, and help point them in the right direction of debating discourse, yet be ready to call a spade a spade, a racial slur a racial slur

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2011, 03:36:41 PM »
BSB also called Kramer the N-word. XO and the other liberals didn't say a peep about that racial slur of black people.