Author Topic: The evil corporation called GE General Electric  (Read 1088 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
The evil corporation called GE General Electric
« on: March 20, 2010, 03:04:45 PM »
I will never buy a GE product again.

We are going to replace our washer & dryer

I will likely go with LG but not a GE. The reason is they are infested with liberals that hate my country. I won't give that company 1 red cent.  I hope other Americans will do the same when it comes to replacing their appliances or electronics.

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: The evil corporation called GE General Electric
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 03:16:28 PM »
I will never buy a GE product again.

We are going to replace our washer & dryer

I will likely go with LG but not a GE. The reason is they are infested with liberals that hate my country. I won't give that company 1 red cent.  I hope other Americans will do the same when it comes to replacing their appliances or electronics.

Well, in my opinion LG makes the better products - but what did GE do? I haven't seen anything unusual about them in the news lately.
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2010, 03:32:37 PM »

Well, in my opinion LG makes the better products - but what did GE do? I haven't seen anything unusual about them in the news lately.

A couple of things about GE are really disturbing to me.

1. GE is in bed with Obama BIG TIME, they are based in Obama's home state. Much of the "green" crap Obama is trying to cram down our throats will go to GE via government contracts.

2. GE owns NBC, although I think I heard recently that they might be trying to get rid of them.

3. Up until very recently GE has been selling products to Iran. Supposedly they have stopped that.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2010, 04:18:41 PM »
That's hilarious.  Kramer is dropping GE because of its unsavoury business connections.  Oh, and because it's trying to make America greener.

Good morning, Kramer.  Wake up and smell the coffee!!!  GE, like most American capitalists, was doing business with the fucking Nazis for chrissake.
http://www.ranknfile-ue.org/uen_nastybiz.html

If unsavoury business connections and taking in money with blood on it were any kind of offence, the leading lights of American capitalism would have been shot long ago, during or immediately after WWII.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2010, 02:21:03 PM »
Kramer is a real patriot, isn't he?

He will buy a Korean product before he patronizes the largest company on the NYSE.

LG is Lucky Goldstar: they changed the brand because previously both Lucky and Goldstar were cheapo brands.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2010, 03:20:10 PM »
Somebody told me LG means Life is Good.  Who knew?  My cell phone's an LG.  I had no idea where it came from, I just assumed it was Chinese.  Does what I pay it to do.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2010, 05:02:12 PM »
I got a LG also,abit on the tech fancy side though

I always thought americans are getting ripped off in the very small selections of phones here.

I buy my spares from china.
alot more options

in fact someone here steered me to a site
I think it was called china invasion

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2010, 05:09:16 PM »
Kramer is a real patriot, isn't he?

He will buy a Korean product before he patronizes the largest company on the NYSE.

LG is Lucky Goldstar: they changed the brand because previously both Lucky and Goldstar were cheapo brands.

Actually I purchased the Maytag MHWE300VW Front Load Washer and the MGDE300VW Gas Dryer. I got a smoking deal on them.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2010, 08:14:40 PM »
Actually, I have owned a number of Lucky and Goldstar products and they were entirely adequate. But both of these, as well as LG are the same Large Korean company.

Maytag was purchased by Whirlpool not long ago. They laid off almost the entire town of Newton, Iowa.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2010, 08:25:59 PM »
Actually, I have owned a number of Lucky and Goldstar products and they were entirely adequate. But both of these, as well as LG are the same Large Korean company.

Maytag was purchased by Whirlpool not long ago. They laid off almost the entire town of Newton, Iowa.

The customer reviews on these Maytags were very good, better than reviews for other brands. You are correct about Whirlpool. In my discovery phase it came out that the quality of Maytag has risen significantly the last few years. I called Home Depot, then Lowe's (both were the same) but Lowe's offered me 10% off for floor models and a rebate for the pedestals, buy one get the other free. I used that info to get a price match at an appliance store. Plus I didn't have to deal with the rebate, they gave me that price off and I got new units not floor models. Free shipping and installation and haul away old appliances. I think it worked out rather well.