Author Topic: "Just Say No"......to any Ground Zero Mosque!  (Read 7534 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: "Just Say No"......to any Ground Zero Mosque!
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2010, 07:36:42 PM »
Fanatical hatred of Muslims is just as demented as fanatical Muslims hating everyone else.

Do you really see equivelency going on?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2010, 07:42:02 PM »

My colleagues and I are the anti-terrorists. We are the people who want to embolden the vast majority of Muslims who hate terrorism to stand up to the radical rhetoric. Our purpose is to interweave America's Muslim population into the mainstream society.

Well spoken fellow.

Is he willing to call the Al Quieda evil?
Is he willing to condenm the attack itself as an evil act by evil people?

Especially where the Umma can hear him?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2010, 08:07:25 PM »
<<Is he willing to call the Al Quieda evil?>>

Why, are there such a lot of Americans ready to acknowledge that the American government is evil?

<<Is he willing to condenm the attack itself as an evil act by evil people?>>

It would certainly be fair to do so if American religious leaders were willing to condemn the invasion and occupation of Iraq as an evil act by evil people.

<<Especially where the Umma can hear him?>>

And, you know, condemn Bush and the military as evil on prime-time TV where the American people can actually hear the condemnation.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2010, 08:10:35 PM »
<<Is he willing to call the Al Quieda evil?>>

Why, are there such a lot of Americans ready to acknowledge that the American government is evil?

<<Is he willing to condenm the attack itself as an evil act by evil people?>>

It would certainly be fair to do so if American religious leaders were willing to condemn the invasion and occupation of Iraq as an evil act by evil people.

<<Especially where the Umma can hear him?>>

And, you know, condemn Bush and the military as evil on prime-time TV where the American people can actually hear the condemnation.

Hey !
If I do , may I build a Starbucks in the Kaaba square?

http://www.economist.com/blogs/freeexchange/2010/06/skyscrapers

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2010, 08:25:06 PM »
Seems as if quite often when I think something up someone elese is thinking something simular.

http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/publications/id.6582/pub_detail.asp

One thing we must fight back on is the absurd notion that rejecting an Islamic center cum mosque on that particular site makes us intolerant. We permit thousands of mosques in our country and hundreds just in the New York area. Contrast that with Mecca and Medina, where – forget about churches or synagogues – non-Muslims are not permitted to enter. And that's not some purported al-Qaeda "perversion" of Islam; that's mainstream Islam. The Saudis are upholding intolerant Koranic scripture.

I suggest we tell the agitators behind this Ground Zero mosque project to get back to us when Muslims permit a $100 million synagogue next to the Kaaba.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2010, 09:48:04 PM »
<<If I do , may I build a Starbucks in the Kaaba square?>>

Only if Starbucks will let you serve Pride of Arabia.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2010, 11:10:56 PM »
<<If I do , may I build a Starbucks in the Kaaba square?>>

Only if Starbucks will let you serve Pride of Arabia.

I don't think you are fiamilliar with the limits on infidels in Mecca.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2010, 12:51:34 AM »
US law allows people to buy property and develop it as they wish. That is because we are superior to Saudi Arabia in pretty much every way. There is no reason to compete with them in assholery.

I do not see this mosque as much of a threat. I have a rather dim view of Islam, but most Muslims are not fanatics, and like most religions, I expect it will become less strident as the years go by. 
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Stray Pup

• Son of Pooch.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2010, 10:59:53 PM »
Fanatical hatred of Muslims is just as demented as fanatical Muslims hating everyone else.

True, but we can't ignore that there is a rather significant mitigating circumstance in this case. 

Even though this incident was not the fault of the religion itself, it would be just as insensitive as the Mormons building a church where the Mountain Meadows Massacre happened, the Japanese building a Shinto shrine in Pearl Harbor and the Germans building a beer hall in the ruins of Auschwitz.
"What's that word for skiving off work and giving it to somebody less important?"
"Delegate."

Stray Pooch

• Pray tell me, sir, whose dog are you?
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2010, 12:23:53 AM »

True, but we can't ignore that there is a rather significant mitigating circumstance in this case. 

Even though this incident was not the fault of the religion itself, it would be just as insensitive as the Mormons building a church where the Mountain Meadows Massacre happened, the Japanese building a Shinto shrine in Pearl Harbor and the Germans building a beer hall in the ruins of Auschwitz.

This is scary, son.  I was going to post just about the same thing in my original but changed my mind and went with the pork processing theme instead.  (Senator Byrd just died so "pork" was on my mind, I guess.)  But I was going to suggest a Japanese Cultural center at the Arizona memorial or a Nazi Awareness center at Dachau.   The Mountain Meadows reference didn't occur to me but it was valid as well.  Still, very spooky.  I think you have your mother's ESP.
Oh, for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention . . .

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2010, 01:13:09 AM »

BINGO
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2010, 01:34:27 AM »
Hopefully the zoning commission can come up with a reason to deny other than those brought up here.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2010, 09:34:09 AM »

All of Pearl Harbor belongs to the military, so that won't happen. But if it were in private hands, then it could be done.
Auschwitz belongs to the Polish government, so that also will not happen.

The Mormons want the Mountain Meadows Massacre to go away. Before Xerox machines existed, they would pay thousands for books published on this so they could destroy them.

I really do not see how they can prevent this legally. And it isnlt at "Ground Zero", it is just nearby. I am sure it will be totally possible for anyone to ignore it.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Stray Pup

• Son of Pooch.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2010, 01:11:25 PM »
I really do not see how they can prevent this legally. And it isn't at "Ground Zero", it is just nearby. I am sure it will be totally possible for anyone to ignore it.

Do you honestly believe that?  I mean sure, there is little than can be done to legally prevent this, but do you think it will matter to the people who lost friends and family in that tragedy.  Unfortunate though their viewpoint is, they will see this as base treachery and we can't rule out a few of them doing something drastic.
"What's that word for skiving off work and giving it to somebody less important?"
"Delegate."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2010, 01:53:12 PM »
You have to consider the source, Pup     :-\
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle