Author Topic: Tee's Favorite Pastor is back  (Read 8918 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Tee's Favorite Pastor is back
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2010, 12:37:44 AM »
In my opinion, when it comes to non partisan posts, XO is one of the more interesting writers we have. I truly enjoy when he shares stories of his travels and his movie reviews are works of art.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2010, 01:11:22 AM »
I have no intention of deleting Mikey.  And that wasn't my point.

Then I'm thorougly confused with your response to my post     ???
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2010, 01:33:07 AM »
Sometimes i'm literal, sometimes i'm figurative, sometimes i'm allegorical.

perhaps you thought i was zigging when i was zagging.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2010, 01:42:48 AM »
Perhaps
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2010, 01:58:00 AM »
In my opinion, when it comes to non partisan posts, XO is one of the more interesting writers we have. I truly enjoy when he shares stories of his travels and his movie reviews are works of art.

I was zagging.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2010, 02:44:11 AM »
me too

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2010, 06:31:32 AM »

True enough.

I beleive that most of what we learn about language is learned by osmosis . Being exposed to well phrased language is likely to improve my own language usage as I lean by observeing and simply soaking up the good example.

What poor Xo is soaking up tho ,...

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2010, 08:13:39 AM »
perhaps you thought i was zigging when i was zagging.

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2010, 09:51:23 AM »
I am immune to Kramer's krap. He has no mind and nothing to say. Just a moronic doofus. He is not even capable of an interesting insult.
I do not bother to read sirs at all, he is just annoying.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2010, 11:14:38 AM »
And yet he continues to respond to messers Kramer & Sirs.  It's Xo a masochist?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2010, 12:42:48 PM »
The fact is that Rev Wright is not back, he never left. It always upsets White folk when they see a Black preacher in a fancy house. driving a fancy car. Preachers are supposed to be like Jesus, poor and humble. Black people are not supposed to be rich: it raises suspicions when one is spotted that is not some sort of musician or ballplayer.

But the truth is that there is a huge contradiction in the US between Christianity and capitalism. Jesus told all his listeners to become disciples, to "give all they had to the poor, and follow me". Of course, it is rather fortunate that everyone did not do this, because if they had, they would all have starved to death, barring, of course, some sort of major miracle. So the goal of a proper and successful Christian would be to be leading an army of destitute people about the countryside or from town to town, preaching here and expanding the flock.

NOT an American ideal. A swarm of destitute people is not something any Americans considers to be desirable. Look what happens when one middle class person suggests that "spreading the wealth around" might be a GOOD thing: not even bankrupt plumbers want to hear about it.

The ideal of capitalism is to own stuff: he who dies with the most toys, wins. This is the opposite of Christianity. But the one thing that Americans allow is that we allow preachers to do pretty much what they want with the money they receive, be it cash, checks or property: they make out their own taxes, and the government has them on a very lax honor system. Rev. Wright is a piker compared to Father Divine, Elisha Muhammad, Louis Farrakhan or Adam Clayton Powell, and they, in turn are pikers compared to Oral Roberts, Pat Roberson or the rest of the Trinity Broadcast preachers. And the champions of all are entire sects: the Witnesses, the Assemblies, the Temples, the Tabernacles, the Scientologists and the Mormons. And there are thousands of Baptist freelancers, and of course, the Holy Father of the Holy Mother Church himself. And the IRS tends to ignore them all: they can declare their income to be whatever they wish: they can claim that their mansion is a parsonage that they are required to live in, and non-taxable. They can claim that their Bentley is needed to visit the poor of body and spirit and also deductible, and unless some other crime occurs, the government ignores it all.

There was that flap when Tammy Bakker and her hubby went bankrupt and some parishioner-investors filed suit, and there was a preacher's wife who chose to burn down the mansion where some Tampa preacher was diddling his mistress, and the law had to get involved, and the newspapers tagged along. And who can ever forget Jimmy Swaggert and all those tears?

But until the IRS gets serious with the big guys, which will never happen, you will have to just put up with the odd flashy Black preacher.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2010, 12:49:54 PM »
The fact is that Rev Wright is not back, he never left. It always upsets White folk when they see a Black preacher in a fancy house. driving a fancy car. Preachers are supposed to be like Jesus, poor and humble. Black people are not supposed to be rich: it raises suspicions when one is spotted that is not some sort of musician or ballplayer.

Can you be any more racist??  wow  I happen to be one of those "white folk", and could care squat what he makes as a preacher, or where he lives, or what he drives.  Black people can be anything they want to be.  It's White (& Black) liberals who apparently believe that black people need to remain on one big massive black plantation, all thinking the same, acting the same, and for God's sake, voting the same.  And don't dare stray, or be branded a traitor to your race...a dreaded "uncle Tom"

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2010, 12:55:54 PM »
It is an observation, not my belief. I did not start this topic.

I actually care even less about your alleged beliefs than you could imagine. Less than I care what Ann Coulter's Xmas card to Limbaugh says.

This was not about you, contrary to what you seem to believe.

The contradiction between Christianity and capitalism has made it possible for a major growth industry to appear, untaxed and largely ignored.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2010, 01:04:30 PM »
I am immune to Kramer's krap. He has no mind and nothing to say. Just a moronic doofus. He is not even capable of an interesting insult.

Speaking of interesting insults: dork, doofus, dolt, moron  and all your other age 7 labels are boring and repetitive.

Stray Pup

• Son of Pooch.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2010, 01:27:28 PM »

Speaking of interesting insults: dork, doofus, dolt, moron  and all your other age 7 labels are boring and repetitive.

Heh... I was just telling my dad how great and also slightly intimidating it is to be debating with adults (yeah I'm 22, but let's call a spade a spade I'm still I kid as far as comparative ages go).  This eases the tension somewhat.  :D
"What's that word for skiving off work and giving it to somebody less important?"
"Delegate."