General Category > 3DHS

Evangelicals are Disenchanted: Oh oh!

<< < (3/3)

kimba1:
Then again you have the Aclu's association with NAMBLA and the Aclu's association with the dems. In Mikey's book that associates NAMBLA with the dems.

what did ACLU  do for NAMBLA??

_JS:
The problem for evangelicals is what else will they do? Where will they go?

They haven't won the battle over abortion. They haven't won the battle over adopting a national amendment to ban gay marriage. They've found some support in tighter restrictions on immigration, but what makes that an issue for a church? Why is that a morality issue?

So, at worst for the GOP, the evangelicals start staying home as they surely won't begin a movement within the Democratic Party. Then the Republicans have to start appealing to others as Bt and I have already indicated.

I don't really see the divorce between the Evangelicals and Republicans taking place just yet. Someday, I think it might. I think it is inevitable as one side plays one card too many and tries to make one play for power too much. It happens with all major factions within a political party eventually.

The party will survive because you might not think so, but there are Republicans who grimace any time that Rick Santorum speaks. The Democrats had the same thing happen when Bill Clinton went around the country and talked about the death of Big Government, passed NAFTA against union interests, and destroyed the welfare system. He basically destroyed an entire niche of support for Democratic candidates.

The_Professor:
"...it will be interesting, by the way, to see how Dr. Dobson, who declared of Bill Clinton that "no man has ever done more to debase the presidency," responds to the Foley scandal. Does the failure of Republican leaders to do anything about a sexual predator in their midst outrage him as much as a Democratic president's consensual affair? "

This from the article in question.

Well, I will lose respect for Jame Dobnson if he does not condemn Foley. I detested the lack of character shown by President Clinton in the Monica Lewinsky "affair", as I do this latest Foley "escapade". They both, in my opinion, demonstrate lack of proper judgement and serious character flaws. Party affiliation should not play a part here. Such actions are despicalbe, regardless of your Party affiliaiton.

BT:

--- Quote ---Kimba asks: what did ACLU  do for NAMBLA??
--- End quote ---

I believe they defended them concerning a web page.

kimba1:
I believe they defended them concerning a web page.

I finally found the case.

this should be a 1st amendment topic to discuss here.
should we post potentially dangerous literature on the web.

1.how to attract young boys and get away with it.

or how about.

2. make fertilizer bombs

3.make a semi to full auto.

instruction manuel to commit a crime is one the ACLU need to reavuluate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version