Author Topic: Not helping is legal in calif.  (Read 3476 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Not helping is legal in calif.
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, 01:10:56 PM »
   Hollywood is much to blame, an exploding car provides a cartharsis at the end of many many car chase scenes, writers and directors seem to love them.

The truth is that cars do not always catch fire after a wreck , they do not always explode after they catch fire.

A rescuer should access the situation well before deciding what to do, draging victims away from the wreck might be needfull and might not.
    If it is possible to turn off the ignition that is a good idea, I wonder if cars should automaticily kill ignition when airbags are ignited?

Why is it so unusual for us to carry a fire extinguisher in our cars?

Only a few of us are ever going to be trained well enough to strap an accident victim into a backboard and drag them to safety safely.

But fire extinguisers are not too expensive and are easy to learn how to use, with a fire extinguisher one could defend a victim from fire untill more expert help arrived.

Things are improving , we all have cell phones , the wait for help is therefore usually much shorter than thirty years ago when none of us had them.

Can fire extinguishers become popular to own too?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2011, 01:50:19 PM »
   The truth is that cars do not always catch fire after a wreck , they do not always explode after they catch fire.

s/do not always/rarely/g
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2011, 01:51:56 PM »
    If it is possible to turn off the ignition that is a good idea, I wonder if cars should automaticily kill ignition when airbags are ignited?

My car kills the ignition and also turns off the fuel pump. If an airbag is deployed, you have to hit a reset button on the fuel pump before you can start it again.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2011, 05:38:58 PM »
I have seen several car crashes, and passed many cars after a recent crash. None of them was on fire. I recall seeing a burning 1948 Oldsmobile once at the side of the road.

It is rare when cars catch fire, and more so when the explode.

However EVERY car in a film explodes when Chuck Norris gets out. This always happens in all of his films.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."