Author Topic: Assessing the Damage  (Read 14207 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Assessing the Damage
« Reply #45 on: December 25, 2011, 03:07:28 PM »
So, no examples, just a misdirected extrapolated misrepresentation yourself, with no supportive backup, while ignoring precisely what was said.  Looks like this next year, is going to have the same accusatory flavor as this last year.  Bummers       :o
« Last Edit: December 25, 2011, 03:41:52 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2011, 03:26:02 PM »
Actually i gave you examples. I don't believe XO mentioned government enforcement in his advice to ignore certain speakers.

You took a simple statement. Ignore X and turned it into if you don't ignore x you will be punished.

I ignore Michael Moore all the time. Come and get me coppers. Top o' the world Ma!

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2011, 03:46:58 PM »
No, you didn't.  An "example" would include someone from the right proclaiming how someone from the left SHOULD be ignored, while having adopted a political ideology that favors government imposing what SHOULD be done.

And you ignored where I never claimed Xo said "x". 
And you ignored where I made it clear that folks like Xo, IF given the power, WOULD LIKELY impose mandates on what should be ignored

Yep, 2012 misrpresentations, starting to shape up to look alot like 2011
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2011, 03:59:39 PM »
So you never claimed that XO's ignore statement would if HE had his way would end up being encoded in some big government program to silence those who offend XO's sensibilities. You never projected his simple statement to mean that which he did not state.

You never took his simple statement and exaggerated it to the point of absurdity (worthy of ridicule no doubt) did you.

Now unless you are now claiming you are not a member of the right, a conservative partisan if you will, then i don't see how you can deny  that you and others are engaged in the same type of actions that you curse the alinksky-ites for.

BSB

« Reply #49 on: December 25, 2011, 04:16:32 PM »
Funny thread.

My conclusion? Conservatives should start putting pants on before they leave their house.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: December 25, 2011, 04:28:45 PM »
So, again, no "example" of someone from the right proclaiming how someone from the left SHOULD be ignored, while having adopted a political ideology that favors government imposing what SHOULD be done.

And again:
you ignored where I never claimed Xo said "x". 
you ignored where I made it clear that folks like Xo, given the predisposed political ideology, and IF given the power, WOULD LIKELY impose mandates on what should be ignored

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: December 25, 2011, 04:35:24 PM »
So, again, no "example" of someone from the right proclaiming how someone from the left SHOULD be ignored, while having adopted a political ideology that favors government imposing what SHOULD be done.

And again:
you ignored where I made it clear that folks like Xo, given the predisposed political ideology, and IF given the power, WOULD LIKELY impose mandates on what should be ignored

Is it really possible that you are that stupid?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: December 25, 2011, 04:40:16 PM »
What you and your fellow alinsky-ites did was take his statement and turn it into some  Reductio ad absurdum charge. In other words lies were told about what he said and what he meant.

Well, they *could* use the defense that they were "reading between the lines"...
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: December 25, 2011, 04:57:54 PM »
Mikey T used to do that all the time.

Hmmm.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: December 25, 2011, 06:15:21 PM »
===================================
This is entirely possible.

A true follower of Alinsky would be a lot funnier than sirs, I think.
I recall some very funny parodies poking fun at the John Birchers, the Hunt Brothers and even William F. Buckley, who liked to fiddle with that pencil in an almost obscene way when debating his philosophy.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2011, 06:50:06 PM »
Well you don't have to be  a follower of Alinsky to use his tactics. You may not even be aware that the tactics you use were enumerated by Saul.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2011, 07:45:52 PM »
I see Alinsky as a fellow who simply wrote down a number of effective tactics for winning battles in the political arena that had been used and proven effective over the course of time. The righties seem to see him as Satan Himself.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: December 25, 2011, 08:07:32 PM »
Perhaps that is because Hillary wrote her graduate thesis about him(which was blocked for public release) , and Obama taught Alinsky's methods in Chicago.

Tactics are tactics. If they work so be it.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: December 25, 2011, 08:25:08 PM »
So far no one is being scilenced .

but the signal to noise ratio is suffering.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: December 26, 2011, 02:25:59 AM »

And again:

Nice.  I don't think I'm going to climb down to your level, at this time