Author Topic: XO wants to outlaw guns!  (Read 5053 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: XO wants to outlaw guns!
« Reply #45 on: February 04, 2015, 06:49:44 PM »
Yeah, Kim Jong Un is clearly allied with the Seattle Sanitation Department and ex-Mayor Blumberg.  They are close personal friends and they are coming to get rugged sunhat-wearing, jeans-clad, large soda-swilling uncooperating trash nonseparating patriots such as you and CU4.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: February 04, 2015, 07:03:24 PM »
Professor Hyperbole strikes again     ;)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: February 04, 2015, 07:55:04 PM »
Just carrying your silly rant to itsa logical conclusion.

By the way, Bloomberg is no longer mayor, and you can order any size soda you wish in all five boroughs.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: February 04, 2015, 08:04:01 PM »
There was nothing logical what-so ever in that hyperbolic deflection.  The point was Government busy bodies feeling embolden to micromanage our lives, beyond what they already do.  They've already tried trash & soda police.  Why not clothing police.  THAT's the logical conclusion you missed.  Not the hyperbole you failed at
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2015, 12:55:46 PM »
I do not think that complaining about North Korea has any relevance in this country. You might as well complain about shoe thieves at the Taj Mahal or ill-fitting burkhas in Pakistan. The restrictions on quart size sodas is not in effect anywhere.  Leave the people of Seattle to decide how eco friendly they want to be.

I observe that Gov Jerry Brown asked Californians to conserve water and they outdid his requests. People actually give a shit about the planet, even though you may not be one of them.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: February 05, 2015, 01:15:41 PM »
I do not think that complaining about North Korea has any relevance in this country.

Then you miss the point.  On purpose of course, but the point isn't American becoming NK, or that Kim is buddies with Bloomberg.  The point is the pathological need of Government to micromanage people's lives.....clothing police, soda police, trash police.  It's all part of the same perverted ideological mindset.  THAT's the relevance that connects the 2

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2015, 12:09:38 PM »
This is the conclusion of a permanently warped mind.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2015, 12:38:05 PM »
Your permanently erroneous conclusion is duly noted

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2015, 07:09:59 PM »

Speaking of triumphing over logic.....that last post made no sense at all.  Who's making bikinis designed for professional Bass Fishermen??

===================================
That is my entire point: professional Bass fishermen, if there are any,  have no logical reason to want a camouflaged bikini.

The name of the store "Bass Pro Shops" is silly: there may be a few professional Bass fishermen, .......

There are a tiny number of truly Pro Bass fishermen, these are like golf pros but even fewer.

Most of the bass fishing culture is hobbyists willing to spend too much on boats and other equipment.

A shop that restricted itself to selling only to professional bass fishermen would have to be small because of its small customer set, but a store that can brag that the pros get satisfaction in it, is appealing to the hobbyist and the hobbyists ability to spend.

Bass pro shop doesn't restrict its merchandise to fishing or to pros, it is a good place to find camping gear , hunting equipment , ski boats etc.

It is probably true that very few fishing pros need a bikini for fishing , even the female pro would want a garment that was more protective.

But fishermen do not fish all of their time and the bikini would be an appropriate garment for a beach party whether you were a female bass pro , or the girlfriend of a male one, either way Bass pro shops has made a sale , which is the point as far as the store is concerned.

There is a theory that fishing lures are only incidentally attractive to fish, they must first appeal to a fisherman , so perhaps fishing lures are primarily designed to attract the fisherman . Fish do not have wallets.

This can't be totally true , perhaps partly true, if it were totally true all of the lures would look like bikinis.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2015, 07:21:37 PM »

Same mentality in North Korea.
They know what's best....what's "ridiculous".

I get the connection.

Some people want to make the world a better place by giving all of the people a makeover and regulating all their behavior.

So what does a freedom loving person do to make the world a better place?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2015, 07:25:26 PM »

Police: 11-year-old scares intruder away with shotgun

Feb 03, 2015

I want to point out that this 11 year old girl "used" a firearm, but did not fire it.

Because there was no shot, no injury and no death , this incident will not show up in any statistical tables.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2015, 07:36:10 PM »
This is one of those prime examples of why there's so many more lives saved by a gun, than those taken by one.  Sometimes merely brandishing it, scares off a potential death. 

I thank God I never had to pull my weapon, over all these years.  Despite what some lunatics would declare as myself a "gun nut", I have yet to have ever needed to brandish it, much less use it.  Only one time did I ever feel the need to put my hand on the grip, when I got to a friend's home, in which I was asked to check on, on a daily basis, while they were on vacation.  Pulled up the day they left, and found the front door, slightly open.  Called out for my friend, while at the same time keeping my hand on the grip of my pistol.  No threat emerged, and found out later they left so quickly, they forgot to close and lock the door.  That's the ONLY time I ever had to even remotely come close to having pull my firearm out.  As opposed to the those on the left that would declare my intentions as a CCW holder, just somone itching to shoot someone

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2015, 07:57:45 PM »
I just recently talked about gun control to a friend of mine and stated despite because of my job have received more training than the average citizen. I would not have a gun for my own protection. due to the fact I would likely shoot a member of my family than a intruder.

the odds are simply against me.
 I do not say I would stop other people from owning a gun but that is a factor for me. my impression of people here are very responsible with their guns and less likely to do what I just stated but still for me it`s a no go. on the issue of protecting my family. I so far have  100% success rate un-armed . so exactly whats the reason for me to have a gun in the house? remember I did stopped a mugging in the street and deal with violent people often.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2015, 08:20:23 PM »
And that's a legitimate factor for you personally to take in Kimba.  The gun controlling left would deny that choice for the rest of us, and simply declare that its simply not safe, too much potential that a family member could be shot.  I appreciate you supporting the right that we have to decide for ourselves