Author Topic: Obama's Grandmother Dies At Age 86  (Read 9397 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

richpo64

Re: Obama's Grandmother Dies At Age 86
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2008, 08:06:18 PM »
I didn't understand why Barry went to Hawaii alone.

Michelle probably hates the woman, but what about the kids?

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2008, 09:00:20 PM »
Textbook book definition of tragedy.

crocat

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 09:01:59 PM »
I didn't understand why Barry went to Hawaii alone.

Michelle probably hates the woman, but what about the kids?

photo op.... he made sure we all knew he was going... he made a few chosen visits on his way...and kept himself in the lime light regardless of his hiatus from the 'campaign trail.'  Pulleez, what a fraud.

richpo64

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2008, 09:05:04 PM »
Brass wrote:
>>Textbook book definition of tragedy.<<

What?

The woman was 86.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 09:10:01 PM »
Brass wrote:
>>Textbook book definition of tragedy.<<

What?

The woman was 86.

Yeah, but she dies one day before her grandson finds out if he is to become the president of the United States of America.

richpo64

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2008, 09:12:27 PM »
It might be better that way. She would have been so disappointed

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2008, 09:12:55 PM »

photo op.... he made sure we all knew he was going... he made a few chosen visits on his way...and kept himself in the lime light regardless of his hiatus from the 'campaign trail.'  Pulleez, what a fraud.

Total class, cro, as always.

crocat

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2008, 09:26:08 PM »

Total class, cro, as always.

why is it you bleeding, save the fucking world liberals are always so quick to judge.  You are right, (well as right as you possibly could be) I am totally classy and better yet, I have a brain and a pair of eyes to make my own decisions.

You fools are gonna be like lambs to the slaughter... damn good thing they ain't holy.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2008, 09:56:27 PM »
why is it you bleeding, save the fucking world liberals are always so quick to judge.  You are right, (well as right as you possibly could be) I am totally classy and better yet, I have a brain and a pair of eyes to make my own decisions.

You fools are gonna be like lambs to the slaughter... damn good thing they ain't holy.

Quick to judge, huh?

What do you call this?

This whole campaign has been such an eye-opening, self-image-changing kind of experience for me.  In 3DHS, though I am not that much younger than a lot of you here, I've always had the feeling that I was the "youngster" who was full of schadenfreude over every little Bush "administration" disaster and slightest misstep.

I held a lot of members here in high regard because they were able to give me some clarity on a situation and seemed to act in a manner befitting an adult when I felt my behavior was sorely lacking and immature; but, for the last three to four weeks, those same adults I hoepd to emulate have sunken to depths that I have wallowed in.  Depths, that over the years, I have found are not befitting proper, respectful debate and have sought to stay out of.

There has been a sense of desperation, an air of fear from the right in here.  And I'll be totally serious, I feel bad about it.  It is depressing.

I'll feel good tomorrow when I take my son with me to vote.  I'll impress on him the sanctity, duty and privilege of the process when I allow him to touch the screen to cast my vote for Barack Obama so that he'll be able to tell his children that he was alive and participated in some way in the election of President Barack Obama.

And, if everything works out the way it appears that things will work out, I'll cheer for Obama's victory tomorrow night but I'll wait a couple of days if I can to come back to 3DHS so that I can enjoy the moment without the tones of bitterness that, I'm sadly sure, will pervade the posts in the coming hours and days.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2008, 10:00:48 PM »
I don't which "elders" have let you down, or why you think they have, but i suspect that you really really don't want to spend the next four years defending every misstep Obama makes.

crocat

« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2008, 10:49:36 PM »
"And, if everything works out the way it appears that things will work out, I'll cheer for Obama's victory tomorrow night but I'll wait a couple of days if I can to come back to 3DHS so that I can enjoy the moment without the tones of bitterness that, I'm sadly sure, will pervade the posts in the coming hours and days."

LOL... good to know how you will get your rocks off... me I will just be trying to shore up the little bit I have.  I have been through dumbass democratic presidents before and managed.

richpo64

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 11:19:20 PM »
Brass wrote:
>>There has been a sense of desperation, an air of fear from the right in here.  And I'll be totally serious, I feel bad about it.  It is depressing.<<

Somebody get me a tissue.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2008, 11:47:54 PM »
I don't which "elders" have let you down, or why you think they have, but i suspect that you really really don't want to spend the next four years defending every misstep Obama makes.

=========================
I suspect that most of the good Obama does, at least some of you bozos will say are missteps.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2008, 12:15:47 AM »
I suspect that most of the good Obama does, at least some of you bozos will say are missteps

Depends on the definition of good and who defines it.