Author Topic: Report clears Palin in Troopergate probe  (Read 2800 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: Report clears Palin in Troopergate probe
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2008, 10:44:33 AM »
On the contrary, I could now write a book about guys like you, and I thank you for that.  We don't see many like you up our way, fortunately, but as a phenomenon to be studied, you are endlessly fascinating.  Here's hoping that today's elections will prove once and for all that the American people reject you and every ugly thing you stand for, and by a wide margin too.  May America regain the respect and admiration it once held in the world, today and for a long time to come.

Remember the pendulum.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2008, 11:00:19 AM »
On the contrary, I could now write a book about guys like you, and I thank you for that.  We don't see many like you up our way, fortunately, but as a phenomenon to be studied, you are endlessly fascinating.  Here's hoping that today's elections will prove once and for all that the American people reject you and every ugly thing you stand for, and by a wide margin too.  May America regain the respect and admiration it once held in the world, today and for a long time to come.

Remember the pendulum.

=============================================
Meaning what?
That the assholes will be back?  Most of the rightwingers in here have never been anything else, never has there been a war or truculent bit of jingoism that they do not favor. We have always had far right loons in the US: the John Birchers, Joe MaCarthyites, clowns who still thinlk Vietnam was actually a noble cause, as though the Republic of South Vietnam was not a hideous neocolonialist nest of corruption that had no chance of ever winning.

The Oligarchy keeps these guys around with the odd favor, so it can start and profit from endless wars and endless ripoffs. Now, its' the feeble hope that some fraud like Joe the Plumber will actually buy out his boss and turn over five times what the average real plumber makes. But there are also thousands of fools whose dreams of wealth and prosperity depend entirely on a winning Powerball ticket.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2008, 11:05:00 AM »
Remember the pendulum.
=============================================
Meaning what?  That the assholes will be back? 

Naaaa.....that'd be those about to take over now, and that we'll need 4 years for the electorate to see the egregious error of their ways, and swing back to a more fiscally responsible agenda.  Just gotta hope it isn't too late to save what's left of the Constitution, by that time

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2008, 11:27:02 AM »
and swing back to a more fiscally responsible agenda. 

================================
You mean swing back away from a possible balanced budget, as Clinton was approaching, to pissing away 10 billion, i say TEN BILLION dollars a month on a useless war?

There has been nothing remotely fiscally responsible about even one of Juniorbush's disastrous eight years. I double-dog DEFY you to show in what way lying the country into a long war for no good reason is in any way responsible. Four thousand dead soldiers, millions displaced in Iraq, c'mon, Juniorbush has been a disgraceful trainwreck. Even his own asshole party wants nothing to do with his sorry ass.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2008, 11:43:26 AM »
<<Remember the pendulum. >>

Be here now.

BSB

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2008, 12:07:23 PM »
I repeat Michael, who died and put you in charge? You're opinion on things American are irrelevent four counts. A) you don't know nothin' B) you're a snow blower C) you don't know nothin' D) you're a snow blower

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2008, 12:14:29 PM »
Isn't that SIX counts?  (E) I don't know nothin' and (F) I'm a snow-blower.

I see some things never change, BSB, one of them being that snow-blower fixation.  I don't own one, never owned one, and until my heart attack I shoveled out my own drive every winter.  Now I pay kids to do it.  Hardly anyone on our street has a snow-blower, they usually pay some guy with a jeep and a blade for a season's protection.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2008, 12:26:39 PM »
and swing back to a more fiscally responsible agenda. 
================================
You mean swing back away from a possible balanced budget, as Clinton was approaching, to pissing away 10 billion, i say TEN BILLION dollars a month on a useless war?

No, I mean swing back to a fiscally responsible Congress, who'll hold the president to the fire budgetary wise, regardless of what party the president is from.  Thankfully, it should only be 4years

« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 12:43:49 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BSB

« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2008, 12:35:17 PM »
I hope it wasn't a bad heart attack. ( as opposed to a not so bad one )

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2008, 12:58:48 PM »
Whenever the pendulum swings to the left , there is an effort to nail it to the wall , or install a ratchet.

It seems as if the left has a lot of people in it who entertain the conceit that their way by itself is suffecient for all.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2008, 01:08:16 PM »
<<I hope it wasn't a bad heart attack. ( as opposed to a not so bad one )>>

It was OK, thanks - - I had 99% blockage in one coronary artery and 100% in another, but I also had a fourth coronary artery.  I'm a mutant.  They put in two stents and I was out the next day.  Scared the shit out of me for a few months, I became one of those diet-and-exercise fanatics, and now I'm back at my old dumb-assed, lazy-assed, burger-eatin' ways only not as much as before.  I'm going back to exercising in a few more days.  It's a pain in the ass, but NOT exercising was a major factor in the attack.  So was diet.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2008, 01:50:03 PM »

No, I mean swing back to a fiscally responsible Congress, who'll hold the president to the fire budgetary wise, regardless of what party the president is from.  Thankfully, it should only be 4years

====================================
Congress for the last eight years has been blocked from doing much of anything, including ending this hugely expensive war.

You seem to take the "other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you like the play" attitude: the expensive war, fought on credit from the Communists in China is entirely disregarded. It's all that OTHER financially irresponsible crap that matters: healthcare for children, a serious education or immigration policy, and on and on and on.

You are living in lala land. You might as well advocate electing Paris Hilton.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2008, 02:41:47 PM »
LOL...congress hasn't been blocked by anyone except congress.  Get back to us when you actually can demonstrate how Bush blocked anything

_JS

• Salaires legers. Chars lourds.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: November 04, 2008, 03:06:16 PM »
What should be remembered is that the Republicans controlled the legislative and executive branches for six of the eight years of the Bush administration. If the Democrats are allowed to hold the same power then they will be judged accordingly.

The Republicans failed on many levels, not just with the American people - but with their own party. They did not control spending, in fact they were far worse than most recent Congresses of either party. The social conservative goals were attained at the executive level mostly. Much of the early energy was spent by Tom DeLay on excluding Democrats from lucrative special interest spending.

The Democrats may do the same thing. If they make it a power issue with the Republicans, then I could very well see them being tossed out quickly. There are too many problems people face right now.

Personally, I expect Unions will see a return of much of the rights they have lost over the years. I'd be sorely disappointed if they are not.
I smell something burning, hope it's just my brains.
They're only dropping peppermints and daisy-chains
   So stuff my nose with garlic
   Coat my eyes with butter
   Fill my ears with silver
   Stick my legs in plaster
   Tell me lies about Vietnam.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: November 04, 2008, 10:46:04 PM »
What should be remembered is that the Republicans controlled the legislative and executive branches for six of the eight years of the Bush administration. If the Democrats are allowed to hold the same power then they will be judged accordingly.

And those years seem to co-incide well with strong economic years.