Author Topic: Now Poll On "Is Obama A Liar?"  (Read 359 times)

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Now Poll On "Is Obama A Liar?"
« on: August 30, 2010, 10:41:51 PM »
Now Poll On "Is Obama A Liar?"

Gary Langer of ABC News explains the "Obama is a Muslim"poll results, giving the same explanation as the AllahPundit.  From Langer:

...People in fact may voice an attitude not as an affirmed belief ? a statement of perceived factual reality ? but rather as what my colleagues and I have taken to calling ?expressed belief? ? a statement intended to send a message, not claim a known fact.

It?s human nature. Some people who strongly oppose a person or proposition will take virtually any opportunity to express that antipathy. Offer a negative attribute, they?ll grab it ? not to express their ?belief,? in its conventional meaning, but rather to throw verbal stones at that which they so thoroughly dislike.

Or from the AP, with more flair:

Essentially, when polling people who dislike candidate X, the specifics of the questions are almost irrelevant. As long as they?re negatively inclined ? e.g., ?Is Obama a werewolf?? ? you?ll get a certain core percentage willing to say yes. The news in this poll is that as much as 18 percent think being a Muslim is inherently negative.

To which I would say, yes, but... Saying Obama is a Muslim amounts to saying he is a liar.  Hence, one might feel utterly neutral about Muslims and still use it as a club to beat Obama. 

Just One Minute

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Now Poll On "Is Obama A Liar?"
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2010, 11:20:41 PM »
Name one prominent democrat that hasn't been caught lying?

I didn't think you could do it.