Author Topic: Finally can eat spam now  (Read 1091 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Finally can eat spam now
« on: April 14, 2012, 09:30:30 AM »
I'm finally employed. Got a gig working in a extremely large law firm. Ironicly I did not apply for this job. I trained one of it's contract employee and he seemed very impressed with my abilities and pushed for me to join.

This will be a first time a job went after me.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Finally can eat spam now
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 11:22:22 AM »
Congratulations!

May you enjoy extra Spam!

I noticed, next to the Spam, another similar product, named Treet. I have not tried Treet. Is Treet is as good as Spam? I liked bacon-flavored Spam, but prefer deli ham to Spam other than that.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 12:25:32 PM »
The reason you don't see treet on the self too much is that stuff just don't taste right . Lets just say hormel lose no sleep from treet. In fact the other canned lunchen meat does even compare to spam.
Spam is a very superior product.

Vegans been trying to kill it by saying it's made of wierd parts,but the logic is flawed since people pay more for head cheese. Germans makes the best in my opinion.

Pennsyvania scrapple is super popular in the east coast.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 01:16:30 PM »
I think that Spam is also made of weird parts. I find it somewhat strange when people who extol recycling do not want to eat weird parts. Some do not even want their pets to eat weird parts. I wonder what they think they should do with weird parts.

The last time I went to Honolulu, several of the restaurants in the Waikiki area that once catered to mainlanders had changed their format to cater to Japanese. The most popular served udon noodles. For something like $495 you got a huge bowl, and could order chicken, pork or beef. I ordered beef. The "beef" was pretty much weird parts: veins and pieces of indeterminate organs. It was pretty tasty, though.

Some of the udon chicken came with chicken feet. I am sure that chicken feet are not as awful as they look. But still, I cannot bring myself to eat a chicken foot. I chose the beef, because I do not know how to say "no chicken foot for me, thanks" in Japanese.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 01:34:49 PM »
Spam is only made from pork shoulder meat. When someone finally invented a process to economically remove the meat from the bone. Spam was created.

Braised chiken feet from dimsum houses are delicious. I hate it when it used for soup stock though the flavor is just not for me.

Nutrition wise your supposed to eat the wierd parts ex. Organs, etc. thats where most of the real vitamins and minerals are. Somehow we end up eating mostly muscle and thats mostly protein.
Remember our moms trying to get us to eat liver?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 03:08:05 PM »
Liver is chock full of cholesterol. Toxins often accumulate in the liver.

I didn't know any of this as a child. I didn't like onions. Now I love them.

Cholesterol was said to be a GOOD thing, and was a miracle ingredient in hair products.

There was also a chlorophyll fetish There was green toothpaste too, by Kolynos and even Colgate. It was supposed to end bad breath, because I suppose no one ever complained about a gladiola with bad breath.

BSB

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 06:19:28 PM »
Congratulations on a job finding you. That's great.

My father loved Spam, my siblings hated it, and I never considered it one way or another. Because of my father we always had a lot of it on the shelf.

BSB

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 02:32:02 AM »
lol
my buddies treated me tonight and got a me cans of spam. believe it or not but this happens to me alot.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 12:23:55 PM »
Spam may be only marginally good for you, and may be full of cholesterol, but a Spam toast is still a lot better than a champagne toast.

The only disadvantage is that a  Spam toast does not give you a satisfying clink.

Congratulations on your new job, and  your Spam surprise.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 08:55:28 AM »
thanks I just bookmarked it. last weekend a  friend gave me some turkey spam.