Author Topic: Jim DeMint up and quits to head for the big bucks  (Read 2162 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Jim DeMint up and quits to head for the big bucks
« on: December 07, 2012, 10:56:27 AM »
 This annoying creep has deprived the demented voters of South Carolina who elected him to voice their uneducated concerns of his voice in the Senate to run off to head the Heritage Foundation for a$1,000,000 salary.

Good riddance! I cannot recall one sane and coherent thing that this fool said in all his time in the Senate.It's rather like his sole purpose in life was to make the rest of the country aware of the stupidity of South Carolinians. But the Heritage Foundation has the Koch Brothers money and now he can become the Koch's sucker that he has always wanted to be. Whatever reputation that the Heritage has had in the past will now effervesce like the methane and H2S from last night's beanie weenie special.

Some populist!
« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 11:19:22 AM by Xavier_Onassis »
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Jim DeMint up and quits to head for the big bucks
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 11:05:34 PM »
    I hope this encourages many more Congresspersons to exercise volentary term limits.

Last I heard Congressmen are tied with used car salesmen for public approval and trust, which is of course entirely the fault of that other party.

BSB

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 05:59:50 AM »
Jim Dimwitt was an ideologist who wasted his time, the people he represented's time, and the nations time while in public office. He couldn't craft a bill, or work on a bill. Anybody can have an ideology, it's putting it to actual work that counts. It's making the time and putting forth the effort to work with others, make compromises, and do the dirty, that makes someone a legislator. Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

BSB

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 12:01:02 PM »
DeMint was nothing more than an ideologue for the super wealthy, pretending to be for the average guy. He did not work as a legislator except in the negative sense of opposing any progressive law that was proposed.

He used the people and apparently his charisma to leverage himself into a cushy job in which he gets paid $1 million per year to be an asshole.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 12:35:34 PM »
DeMint made a career choice decision that he felt was best for him.

The people of South Carolina will still be represented by a Republican (as was their wish) when Gov. Haley appoints his replacement.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2012, 03:24:30 PM »
So what?

DeMint was not working for himself when he ran for office, he was working for the voters.

The voters were not asked to vote for some generic unnamed Republican to be chosen by the governor.

DeMint did not say to the voters "Vote for me so I can use this job to catapult myself into a million dollar a year gig with a right wing foundation." He promised representation, and he decided to bail, just like Sarah Stupid Palin.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2012, 04:17:36 PM »
DeMint was not working for himself when he ran for office, he was working for the voters.

Sure he was. The voters thought that he represented their viewpoint better than the other candidate, ergo the viewpoint was elected, not the man, per se.

That is why people vote party lines. You should know that.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 09:37:58 PM »
Who knows that the viewpoint of the unidentified replacement might be?

Odds are, he/she will be a better legislator than DeMint, who was useless as a legislator. All he did was rant and be obnoxious.

South Carolina has a tradition of sending obnoxious assholes to Congress. There was Rep. Brooks, before the Civil War, there was Strom Thurmond, and there have been several others.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2012, 09:51:37 PM »
Who knows that the viewpoint of the unidentified replacement might be?

An acceptable replacement will be chosen by the Governor of the state, who herself was chosen by the people to represent the states interest.

Representative democracy is not that hard of a concept to grasp.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2012, 01:27:15 AM »
It would be more democratic for S. Carolina to call an election.That is what happens in some states.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2012, 02:42:08 AM »
It would be more democratic for S. Carolina to call an election.That is what happens in some states.

The constitution of South Carolina defines the rules for replacing public officials. Ratified by the public through their representatives.

That's the way things work.

BSB

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2012, 04:27:04 AM »
"There's nothing so profound in the logic of the thing, but the execution of it, that's another matter." General George C. Marshall

Jim Dimwit, the Pea Party, etc., that's what they'll never get.

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2012, 04:52:22 AM »
Leave it to the Bsb's of the world who just know better than the rest of us.  They just "get it", and the rest of us are doomed to never get
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BSB

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2012, 06:37:48 AM »
>>Leave it to the Bsb's of the world who just know better than the rest of us.  They just "get it", and the rest of us are doomed to never get<<

This is the kind of nonsense you get tired of reading in here. I didn't say or even imply anything of the kind. I was very specific in pointing out the what and the who of it. Obviously this jerk has nothing better to do. He's been asked by others time and again to knock it off but he won't, or can't. And in response to this post he'll just go right at it again. Unfortunately the poster whose name is in red(I guess that means he's a communist) just went on an asinine diatribe himself giving miss sirs here permission to follow suite. All you can do while your in here is ignore them.

It's approx 5:35 eastern time so its approx 2:35 in the west coast so we should get a few hours of freedom before he comes back in here and makes a horses ass of himself again. 

BSB

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2012, 01:28:11 PM »
Au contraire, you've made that point abundantly clear, many a time.  I recall the clear statement on how you're smarter than 10 conservatives combined.  I don't see you smarter than Plane, much less 10 of him, and he's more conservative than I am.  So, no it's not nonsense, to point out what you imply in most of your proclamations. 
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle