Author Topic: Jim DeMint up and quits to head for the big bucks  (Read 2163 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Jim DeMint up and quits to head for the big bucks
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2012, 03:14:52 PM »
"There's nothing so profound in the logic of the thing, but the execution of it, that's another matter." General George C. Marshall

Jim Dimwit, the Pea Party, etc., that's what they'll never get.

BSB

You must be right , I don't see this quote being connected.

If you are willing to elucidate a bit , I would appreaciate it.

BSB

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2012, 03:44:01 PM »
"If you are willing to elucidate a bit , I would appreciate it"

For example, Marshall picked Eisenhower for the top spot not because he was a strategic genius, but because he could take a strategic plan and implement it. He could take a strategic concept and transform it into operational orders.

DeMint was a purest, but he couldn't take his ideology and transform it into law. He didn't know how to do that, or it didn't concern him, I don't know which it was. Either way his vision just sat there in his mind where it did nothing but entertain him and others. That isn't enough. Consequently, he belongs where he's going, not in the legislative branch of government.

BSB 

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2012, 03:56:41 PM »
That is a good point.

Having a vision is not useless, but it helps to have the talent to translate the vision to reality .

Are these talents so diffrent that one person won't have both?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2012, 05:49:53 PM »
When someone leaves an elected legislative post like the Senate to join some lobbyist group because they think they will be more successful there, it is a sign that the government is seriously out of order.

There are indeed people that are capable of having a vision and implementing it in Congress, just DeMint is not one of them. He should never have been elected in the first place.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2012, 05:52:55 PM »
Can't it be even worse when someone has the ability to get his way, and wants really wrong things?

BSB

« Reply #20 on: December 09, 2012, 06:02:28 PM »
>>When someone leaves an elected legislative post like the Senate to join some lobbyist group because they think they will be more successful there, it is a sign that the government is seriously out of order.<<

That's exactly right.

BSB

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2012, 06:07:20 PM »
Can't it be even worse when someone has the ability to get his way, and wants really wrong things?

===================================================
DeMint was incompetent to pass any legislation  as a Senator. Everything he was for was a really, really bad idea.

The Heritage Foundation has always tried to pass itself off as some sort of intellectual think tank. DeMint is as close to an anti-intellectual as possible. He will only serve to discredit Heritage and lose its final shreds of respectability.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2012, 08:48:47 PM »
  I don't understand your attitude.

Are you mad at him ?

For leaving the Senate?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2012, 11:31:49 PM »
He should never have been elected to the Senate. He is incompetent to pass legislation and has proven it. He was also incompetent as a GOP hack: he promoted Christine "I am not a witch" O'Donnell and Sharron Angle, both of whom lost.Now, the Kochs apparently think that he will be effective at Heritage. I doubt that this will turn out to be true.

I am not mad at him. The Democrats should be glad that such a total jerk got into the positions that he did, because he benefited them more than the GOP. I just find it weird that his leaving the Senate didn't generate more opposition from the GOP.