Author Topic: Dog explodes in Australia  (Read 822 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Dog explodes in Australia
« on: January 04, 2008, 01:37:07 PM »
The Northern Territory Government is confident it will not have any problems building a housing estate across the road from a crematorium in Darwin where a dead dog exploded on Wednesday night.

Police were called to the crematorium because of a strong red glow coming from the chimney.

Staff told the officers that the dog exploded because it had not been defrosted properly.

A nearby resident says it does happen occasionally.

Territory Planning Minister Delia Lawrie says the new houses will not be right next to the pet crematorium.

"Planning is underway, in terms of the actual placing of the residential zones, where the green belt zones will be and where the light industrial zones will be," she said.

"Certainly as Planning Minister I can assure people that the residential zones will not be adjacent to the pet crematorium."

=================================================================================
While I am elated that new residents will not be threatened by exploding dogs, I still have a few questions, to wit:

(1) Why was he dog in question frozen? Isn't Darwin tropical?
(2) How does an exploding dog cause a 'red glow' in a chimney?
(3) Was there a sound, or are there people in Darwin who have so much time on their hands that they spend their days with their eyes glued to a pet crematory chimney?

I find each of these questions more exciting than 'The War against Christmas'.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Dog explodes in Australia
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2008, 02:04:23 PM »
(1) Why was he dog in question frozen? Isn't Darwin tropical?

I imagine that the veterinarian that took the body of the dog froze it to keep it from stinking the place up. Pet crematoriums pick up from vet's offices on a schedule, sometimes a few days to a week between pickups.