Author Topic: The gender card  (Read 11561 times)

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The gender card
« Reply #15 on: September 07, 2008, 02:17:21 PM »
Kramer doesn't have that privilege anymore.

Ooooookay.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

fatman

« Reply #16 on: September 07, 2008, 02:31:26 PM »
I have to say that I'm pretty much in agreement with the clip.  The hypocrisy on both sides revolving around the gender issue is staggering.  As Stewart said, levying criticism is not sexism (or racism) whether it's toward Palin or Clinton or Obama.  As much as I would like to take a slap at social conservatism with the "bad parenting issue", I restrain myself because really, the kids should be off limits.  They aren't running for office and the press has no business digging dirt up on them.  And that's the same whether it's Palin's kids or Gore's kids or Clinton's kid.  It appears that this is race is quickly moving away from candidates and issues and into who is the biggest hypocrite.

How soon before we can go back to the issues?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2008, 04:44:21 PM »

=====================================
Neither side wants to discuss the issues, because the issues require an informed electorate capable of understanding them and even an ability and a desire to read. Hypocrisy and inconsistency are a lot easier to demonstrate, and that is what we tend to end up with.

The Olebush campaign was about releasing convicts who returned to kill again and membership in the the ACLU: neither of these was important even a day after the election.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2008, 05:45:35 PM »
The Olebush campaign was about releasing convicts who returned to kill again

You mean Willie Horton? The guy that Al Gore brought into the campaign?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2008, 07:14:32 PM »
Olebush ran a Willie Horton ad more than anyone else.

The point is that the campaign was about unimportant bullshit issues rather than anything that actually mattered to anyone.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2008, 08:17:30 PM »
I have to say that I'm pretty much in agreement with the clip.  The hypocrisy on both sides revolving around the gender issue is staggering.  As Stewart said, levying criticism is not sexism (or racism) whether it's toward Palin or Clinton or Obama.  As much as I would like to take a slap at social conservatism with the "bad parenting issue", I restrain myself because really, the kids should be off limits.  They aren't running for office and the press has no business digging dirt up on them.  And that's the same whether it's Palin's kids or Gore's kids or Clinton's kid.  It appears that this is race is quickly moving away from candidates and issues and into who is the biggest hypocrite.

I know a poor guy named John that changed sex to Jen. She/he doesn't know how to be a women. Women I know that have spent time with Jen says she is clueless on dressing, sitting, walking and relating to what a real women feels and is. Poor Jen now bleeds all the time. When Jen was John he was in construction and now people want nothing to do with her, so she sit's in her mothers basement tending to her fish friends. I think it's sad and very likely this poor confused person will eventually kill herself. She lives in the great liberal state of Mass and I'm sure she was brainwashed in her early years in public school.

fatman

« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2008, 08:21:14 PM »
That relates to absolutely nothing.  If people want nothing to do with her, she should find better friends.  Even registered sex offenders have friends.  I don't see you posting any evidence that she plans to kill herself, if she does then I hope that you have alerted the proper authorities to this.  I don't see what her being from Massachusetts has to do with anything, I know plenty of Boston Irish that are pretty conservative.  Nor do I see what the public school system has to do with it.

Basically a bunch of mularkey, if it's even true.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2008, 08:26:44 PM »
That relates to absolutely nothing.  If people want nothing to do with her, she should find better friends.  Even registered sex offenders have friends.  I don't see you posting any evidence that she plans to kill herself, if she does then I hope that you have alerted the proper authorities to this.  I don't see what her being from Massachusetts has to do with anything, I know plenty of Boston Irish that are pretty conservative.  Nor do I see what the public school system has to do with it.

Basically a bunch of mularkey, if it's even true.

Well it's all true and if you think it's mularkey then I guess you know less about the subject than I figured. I think John should have stayed John and just went gay and kept his unit intact. He wasn't a bad looking guy but he's just about the ugliest women I have ever laid eyes on.

fatman

« Reply #23 on: September 07, 2008, 08:34:42 PM »
Evidently you don't know gay from transgendered.  Evidently you are unaware of the hours of counseling and the psychological workup that precedes a sex change.  But I'm not surprised that someone like you is unable to differentiate between a transgendered person and a homosexual person.  You understand nuance like a badger understands electromagnetics.

You still haven't shared with us why this article is relevant to anything that was posted in this thread, particularly the post that I wrote that you quoted.

Perhaps you're just trying to piss people off with your ignorance?

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2008, 08:44:58 PM »
Evidently you don't know gay from transgendered.  Evidently you are unaware of the hours of counseling and the psychological workup that precedes a sex change.  But I'm not surprised that someone like you is unable to differentiate between a transgendered person and a homosexual person.  You understand nuance like a badger understands electromagnetics.

You still haven't shared with us why this article is relevant to anything that was posted in this thread, particularly the post that I wrote that you quoted.

Perhaps you're just trying to piss people off with your ignorance?

well you said you weren't going to respond to my posts so I figured I'd test you out to see if you would be true to your word. Oh well.

fatman

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2008, 08:48:07 PM »
You're that lonely huh?

Sometimes I just find myself unable to let the titanic stupidity that you post go unchallenged.  Sorry 'bout that.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2008, 09:05:53 PM »
You're that lonely huh?

Sometimes I just find myself unable to let the titanic stupidity that you post go unchallenged.  Sorry 'bout that.

You do seem to be setting his agenda.

What would you teach him , or me , given the chance?

fatman

« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2008, 11:18:00 PM »

No offense Plane, but in order for me to teach either Kramer or yourself anything, you'd have to be willing to learn and to open your mind to a different opinion.  I no longer debate the gay marriage/civil union issue in here because it's become clear to myself that both my position and the positions of my opposition are entrenched, and further debate on the matter is pointless and only stirs up emotion best left out of this forum.

And yes, I mean to keep my word by not responding to Kramer's posts.  If I were a conservative, I'd cringe every time he hops on the keyboard, but since I'm not a conservative it's not my worry.  I have noticed though, that people like Kramer and his predecessor tend to push people like me away, towards the left.  They may be great for attracting and solidifying the base, but I don't think that the base is enough to win.

Lastly, I've noticed that this forum is like playing wack-a-mole with assholes.  As soon as one is gone another pops up.  It's losing its charm.

Anyone seen Prince around?  I do wish Pooch would post more often.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2008, 11:33:11 PM »

No offense Plane, but in order for me to teach either Kramer or yourself anything, you'd have to be willing to learn and to open your mind to a different opinion.  I no longer debate the gay marriage/civil union issue in here because it's become clear to myself that both my position and the positions of my opposition are entrenched, and further debate on the matter is pointless and only stirs up emotion best left out of this forum.

And yes, I mean to keep my word by not responding to Kramer's posts.  If I were a conservative, I'd cringe every time he hops on the keyboard, but since I'm not a conservative it's not my worry.  I have noticed though, that people like Kramer and his predecessor tend to push people like me away, towards the left.  They may be great for attracting and solidifying the base, but I don't think that the base is enough to win.

Lastly, I've noticed that this forum is like playing wack-a-mole with assholes.  As soon as one is gone another pops up.  It's losing its charm.

Anyone seen Prince around?  I do wish Pooch would post more often.

You are right , the entrenched are seldom seen to change , here or anywherre I know about.

That doesn't make the discussion unimportant , there is a lot of value in whetting the wit on another wit whether equal or not.

There are a lot of misconceptions to loose , they get lost in the bright light that people seldom shine on themselves.

There is a little value in the audience of the unpersueded , which sometimes reads inspireation in well crafted argument and becomes persueded.

You are a good essayist , but you can't be compelled to argue .

Just when you do feel like it , I hope I am availible for it .

fatman

« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2008, 11:36:19 PM »
You have several good points Plane, though you give me far too much credit.  I haven't been posting a lot lately, just lurking and forming an opinion for my vote.  It could be the 5 12's and 1 10 that I'm putting in at work lately, it could be I just need a break from the hyperbole.

But thank you for the kind words and good insight, I'll bear it in mind.