Author Topic: I want to honor the Vietnam Veteran today  (Read 641 times)

Cynthia

I want to honor the Vietnam Veteran today
« on: November 12, 2007, 12:22:18 AM »
My friend, Mark  ("Screaming Eagles" 1971) a visit to the NM Memorial in 2000.

THE Wall 2001 upon my visit to the great Wall for the first time.

God bless all the soldiers who walk into the valley.

Cynthia

Richpo64

Re: I want to honor the Vietnam Veteran today
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 04:51:00 PM »
Visiting the Wall is something that will stay with you forever. My family and I visited Washington D.C. in 2000, and the experience was one I won't ever forget.

Cynthia

Re: I want to honor the Vietnam Veteran today
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 10:45:33 PM »

Moving wall......simply moving. . . . I have written many a poem for the vet. The experience was so full of wordless words for me, though.

I will always keep the V VEt in my heart. I did a lot of research into the plight of the  VN veteran back in the late 80's. During that time, there was a great deal of interest and support about the Vietnam Veteran. ..about the time of  "Born on the Fourth of July" story of Ron Kovic. Some of the families I worked with were suffering with a variety of problems.  I read book after book about the vet that summer of 89. The most moving books was  "Letters Home".

I was a young teen during the time of the war, but I have known veterans who have had to fight and still "die within" unfortunately. God bless their souls. I will always honor them. I know that not all vets had to fight, but all vets had to be around the "glow of hell".

So, to this day the "glow of life" surrounds the essence of  THE WALL, as I had experienced it that summer a couple of months before 9-11.