Author Topic: Al Qaeda Is Out of Baghdad, U.S. Says  (Read 9629 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Al Qaeda Is Out of Baghdad, U.S. Says
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2007, 12:51:30 AM »
I gave Pooch's comments some thought.  Superficially they made sense at first but somehow at a deeper level I recognized them for the bullshit that they really are.  Analyzing WHY they are bullshit took a few minutes' thought.

Pooch wants me and others like me to fight with one arm tied behind our backs.  He wants to pretend that rhetoric (at least, rhetoric in support of an anti-war position) is not necessary or important in debate, although in fact it can be helpful in persuasion.  Moreover, it's part of one's self-expression, one feels more comfort and enjoyment in expressing one's views without reserve than in tailoring them to fit another's prejudices or preferences.  So while the "President" can refer to an army of heroes, an army of valiant young men and women, etc. - - hyperbolic rhetoric that finds its echoes regularly here in this group - - those of opposing views must take care not to use the same technique in reverse to counter the effect of militaristic rhetoric.  We must not be permitted to call the army an army of criminals, rapists, etc.

So the President and his supporters can take some actions of some soldiers and project them onto the entire army - - dedicated, courageous, etc. - - while his opponents are not to be permitted the same device of taking the actions of some soldiers and projecting them onto the same entire army - - criminal, raping, thieving, etc.

If I do avail myself (in reverse) of the same rhetorical devices that the "President" and his supporters use - - fair warning:  I will have to face the continuing ad hominem insults of the outraged Pooch.

Once the elements of the situation were correctly analyzed, the solution became immediately apparent:  I will post whatever I please, subject to my own rules of propriety and Pooch can take them any way he chooses.  If he chooses to take them as a personal insult (certainly not MY intention) that is his problem.  I believe in a standard of decency and mutual respect between all members but I sure as hell do NOT intend to be bullied into self-censorship by Pooch or anyone else because he or she chooses for no good reason that I can see to interpret my opinions or my use of rhetorical device as a personal insult.

In the course of figuring out the above, I decided to post a few helpful principles of debate, all being newly-minted and hence, provisional:

1.  Thicker skin.
2.  No ad hominem attacks on a fellow member.  Ever.  Regardless of provocation.
3.  NEVER respond to an ad hominem attack.  Let it go.  No counter-attacks, it just wastes your time and clogs the forum.
4.  Let the small stuff go.  No bickering.  No quibbling.  No point-scoring.  (more time wasted)  Debate the big issues.
5.  Know when to let go, when to "agree to disagree."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2007, 12:55:56 AM »
1.  Thicker skin.
2.  No ad hominem attacks on a fellow member.  Ever.  Regardless of provocation.
3.  NEVER respond to an ad hominem attack.  Let it go.  No counter-attacks, it just wastes your time and clogs the forum.
4.  Let the small stuff go.  No bickering.  No quibbling.  No point-scoring.  (more time wasted)  Debate the big issues.
5.  Know when to let go, when to "agree to disagree."

Hmmmmm..

Pretty good , may I add a 3DHS adaptation of the golden rule.

Speak as one would be spoken to.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2007, 01:00:43 AM »
Pooch wants me and others like me to fight with one arm tied behind our backs.  He wants to pretend that rhetoric (at least, rhetoric in support of an anti-war position) is not necessary or important in debate, although in fact it can be helpful in persuasion.  Moreover, it's part of one's self-expression, one feels more comfort and enjoyment in expressing one's views without reserve than in tailoring them to fit another's prejudices or preferences.  So while the "President" can refer to an army of heroes, an army of valiant young men and women, etc. - - hyperbolic rhetoric that finds its echoes regularly here in this group - - those of opposing views must take care not to use the same technique in reverse to counter the effect of militaristic rhetoric.  We must not be permitted to call the army an army of criminals, rapists, etc.

Is insult truely a reiprocal of complement?

Compements are intended to engender good feelings and direct them.
Insults are intended the opposite, but is cranking up bad feeling just as worthy as starting some good ones?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: November 12, 2007, 01:03:57 AM »
<<Well, it just is.>>

That place is about a twenty-minute drive from my home.  Of course, the local papers have been all over that story for years and years now.  William Stephenson's story too.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2007, 01:12:03 AM »
<<Compements are intended to engender good feelings and direct them.
<<Insults are intended the opposite, but is cranking up bad feeling just as worthy as starting some good ones?>>

That's a good question, but I think the answer is that it depends on the context.  If a speaker comes to a high school and compliments the audience on how nice and fresh they all look, and the next speaker wants to balance out the first guy and says they all look like a bunch of scruffy bums, I'd say, even though the audience had some nicely groomed and some scruffily groomed members, the first comment (complimentary) was OK, and the second not.

If the context is an army which is going through a foreign country bombing, killing and destroying, racking up civilian casualties and generally raising hell, it might become important to determine if it's a good thing or a bad thing to keep these guys over there.  It's important to know what kind of army it is.  Should the "President" be allowed to influence the debate HIS way by calling them an army of heroes, of courageous and dedicated young men while at the same time nobody can use the same rhetorical device of painting the army with the actions of some of its soldiers, but use the device in reverse?  That sounds grossly unfair to me.  This goes way beyond complimenting or hurting feelings - - we have to KNOW just who these guys are and what they are really up to.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2007, 01:13:51 AM »
<<Pretty good , may I add a 3DHS adaptation of the golden rule.

<<Speak as one would be spoken to.>>

What, no sarcasm?  Come on, let's assume a capacity to absorb SOME level of disrespect.

Stray Pooch

• Pray tell me, sir, whose dog are you?
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2007, 03:23:07 AM »
So, Michael, you have taken this long to come to the conclusion that most rational people consider intuitive.  If you insult people, you are likely to be insulted in return.

I'm not asking you to tie one hand behind your back.  I'm asking you to present debate in a decent manner.  You choose to use belittling, insulting language.  You will get that back.  You say that broadbrushing soldiers is not intended to insult me.   Fine.  Canadians are cowardly morons, but hey no offense, right? (You recognize, I hope, that this is a demonstration - not an actual opinion of Canadians.)

Your argument that expecting you to conform to decent standards is denying you the tool of harsh rhetoric is an admission that you cannot debate fully without resorting to childishness.  If someone comes on here and starts saying "I hate all niggers and faggots" most of us would jump all over him for the language - or just ignore him altogether.  If someone comes on here and says "I think black people are inferior because there is a lot of crime in African-American communities" we are still likely to call him racist, though less likely to simply dismiss him out of hand from the get-go.  (Is that term hyphenated? Oh, the grammatical minefields we traverse when using slang in debate!)  I myself have been taken to task personally because I object to gay marriage.  While technically such objections count as an ad hominem attack, they are legitimate.  When a person bases his debate points on an obvious prejudice, that prejudice becomes part of the argument.  It is correct to point that prejudice out.  Your complaint about my hostility towards you is in reality a complaint against my hostility towards your method of presenting argument.  Yet you react in exactly the same manner to points I, or others make on this forum.  You whine about us presenting a good picture of America or her soldiers.  You rant about how terrible the soldiers are and how braindead we on the right are when we talk about American soldeirs as heros. 

You, in other words, are guilty of exactly the same things you complain about.  You hide behind a sanctimonious appeal for decency on everyone else's part while insisting that expecting it from you is "tieing one hand behind your back."  Furthermore, you present in your defense the fact that I expect to be allowed to use broadbrushing in describing soldiers as heros without your being able to describe them as "baby killers."  Yet, you ignore completely that I actually made that point myself. 

You correctly conclude that your continual use of profane, bigotted characterizations of Americans or American soldiers will result in my calling you out as a bigot and impuning your integrity.  But you then imply that you will rise above the fray by simply not responding to further ad hominem attacks.  I call that cowardice of the lowest degree, not because you haven't got the courage to defend yourself, but because you haven't got the courage to change.  Just like simplistic stereotyping makes it unnecessary to think, hiding behind your right of free speech and a perfectly reasonable appeal to avoid ad hominem attacks makes it unnecessary to face a major shortcoming in your personal behavior and debate technique.  But more to the point, and this again is my bottom line, is that refusing to ackowledge and face your prejudice makes your opinion unreliable.  You cannot rationally analyze the actions of American soldiers or the role of America in the world because you cannot objectively view a group of people against which you hold a deep prejudice. 

So yes, I will continue to call you out on stereotyping, broadbrushing and childish debate techniques.  And I will also continue to respond to your rational, valid points with my best attempts at rational, valid responses.  If you want to elevate the debate, i completely applaud it and will gladly respond in kind.  But insisting on keeping an arsenal of uncivil behaviors available to yourself while denouncing such behaviors in others is not something I will quietly bow to.  If you want to raise the level of our exchanges, I simply ask you to apply that Golden Rule Plane spoke of.  Demanding respect is fine, but only if you are acting in a manner deserving of it.  When you ridicule others, expect ridicule in return.  When you act like a child, expect to be scolded as one.  When you use vile rhetorical devices against a group of people, expect to be called a bigot.  Your responses to me and many others on this forum follow exactly those same basic guidelines, and you make few apologies for it.  You choose a hostile debate technique.  That's all well and good, but please do not act as if you are virtue defiled when people respond with hostility. 
Oh, for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention . . .

Stray Pooch

• Pray tell me, sir, whose dog are you?
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2007, 04:59:17 AM »
In viewing some of your other posts on this thread, I would like to offer a suggestion in a manner that might be a little less confrontational.  We have, as we often do, devolved to the level of deutero-debate in this thread.  In other words, rather than debating the point, we are debating the way we debate.  But I'd like to go with that for a second because it may be instructive for both of us.

As I see it, the basic concern you have with presenting your arguments is that you want to present your arguments in a style with which you are comfortable and familiar.  That's perfectly reasonable.  I have been taken to task for my long, rambling posts and irrational fear of paragraph breaks.  But that's how I debate.  I lose a lot of potential audience that way, but I live with it.  I do, however, try to at least be aware of these shortcomings and amend them to an extent. 

You have also implied that one of your purposes is to persuade.  I view debate in a different manner.  I like the idea of persuading people, because on a basic level I want the world to agree with me.  I think that is a basic human trait, more prominent in some than in others, but present in all of us.  That's ego.  If I think it, it must be so, otherwise I'm wrong and therefore inferior.  But my view of debate is that I am here to teach and to learn.  I am less interested in persuading folks than I am in getting people to see another perspective and opening my own mind to the same opportunity.  If at the end of the day we both walk away with the same basic stance on issues, but we have come to a better understanding of those who see the world differently, I think we have accomplished something big.  I am convinced that most of the world's problems can be resolved by recognizing where difference lie and WHY they exist rather than assuming that behaviors with which we disagree are inherently evil.  If we understand each others legitimate concerns, we can begin to try to craft solutions that give equal gravitas to both sides.  I am a firm believer in compromise, and one of the worst traits of partisan politics is that each side views compromise as defeat.  This makes each side resent the other, and adds tension to the issue without the release valve that compromise gives.

You have stated that rhetoric is persuasive.  It certainly can be.  But hostile, profane rhetoric is almost never so.  Specific to your rhetorical devices, when you call American soldiers "baby killers" you aren't going to persuade anyone of anything.  That term will appeal only to a very limited group of people who already share your opinion.  Most others will simply dismiss it out of hand - and with it, your credibility.  Further, aside from the offense many will take at it in general, many will respond with defensiveness.  That means that any chance you have of persuading those who might otherwise see merit in your point is negated by the natural response to your presentation.  Your technique works against persuasion instead of for it. 

Of course you are not going to persuade folks like me that the American army is terrible.  I have a better understanding of the Army, on the one hand, and a natural prejudice toward it on the other.  So vile rhetorical devices lose you little in terms of persuasion with me.  But those to whom the issue does not hit as close to home could be persuaded with a softer, more reasonable tone.  But they will likely reject direct attacks using language like you use because the technique identifies you as a bigot - whether or not that accusation is warranted. 

Further, what is it exactly that you are trying to persuade people to think?  Are you aiming to make those you address think of the American army as a bunch of baby killing rapist thugs?  That's a pretty sad thing.  Effectively, that would mean you are just trying to get people to hate.  It might turn out that the hatred is warranted, but so what?  If your specific intention is to rally an actual military force to take on the American army, then you are simply using the same technique soldiers do when we use terms like "Jap" "Kraut" or "Raghead."   You are employing the same rhetorical devices that the proponents of segregation used when they referred to Dr, King as "Martin Luther Coon."  You are dehumanizing a group of people to make it easier to hate them - and thereby suppress any sense of decency that might prevent atrocities against them.  This is how soldiers get to Abu Ghraib or My Lai and Muslims get to the World Trade Center.

I would bet, however, that you are not trying to do that at all, but rather you are trying to persuade people that US world policy in general, and current military operations in the middle east, are illegal or at least immoral.  There are an awful lot of people who agree with that, and the number is growing every day.  The specific action that would address that immorality would be a withdrawal from Iraq and a change in US attitudes and policies towards the middle east and the world in general.  You won't persuade anyone of that when you lose your audience up front, but you can through skillful application of appropriate rhetorical devices actually move closer toward that goal.  "Baby killers" kills your credibility.  You will persuade nobody with that technique, no matter how correct your opinion on the subject may be.

But take it a step further.  If we accept your opinion (and I don't) that US policy in the middle east is wrong, the correct action would have been to prevent the invasion from ever happening in the first place.  There were many on your side of the issue trying to do just that before the war in Iraq began.  Why did nobody listen to them?  Because they were doing things like calling for a million Mogadishus.  They were screaming like banshees about "baby killers."  They were rallying to bring back the Vietnam protest days.  But those protestors have been discredited in most of mainstream America.  The perspective of history has shown us that, while US involvement in Vietnam was questionable at best and evil at worst, vilifying the soldiers who served there was absolutely the wrong thing to do.  We also recognize that a lot of the rhetoric the peace movement used back then was just as full of AMBE as what the government was telling us.  It has made us have a common distrust of idiots waving signs and trashing our soldiers.  I saw a woefully small peace rally on our court square before the invasion.  They were waving signs whining about US aggression and asking us to honk to show support.  I leaned out of my window and shouted to them "You are irrelevent."  They were, and they deserved to be.

Now these same forces have learned a little about appropriate techniques.  They now argue that soldiers should NOT be vilified.  They suggest that supporting the troops should mean getting them out of harm's way.  I've even seen a brilliant little rhetorical device - a bumper sticker that says "love the soldier, hate the war."  It mirrors perfectly the "love the sinner, hate the sin" philosophy that the right understands (intentional so, of course). It separates righteous anger about US policy from irrational hatred of the people tasked to carry out that policy.  A whole lot of people will respond favorably to that kind of argument.  It lends credibility and relevence to the person making the point.  It demonstrates an ability to reason and consider other points of view.  It shows the appropriate level of respect for the humanity of soldiers, without compromising the objection to US policy.  It breaks through defensiveness and appeals to rational thought rather than emotion.  In short, it is persuasive.  And the best part is, to come up with such an idea, at least some degree of open-minded consideration of the other side was necessary, even if it was only in considering how to appeal to them.  It's a start.

My point is that the language you choose to use WILL persuade people, but not necessarily in the manner you hope.   David Duke probably made some valid points about the way racial politics has swung too far in the other direction, but nobody is going to take him seriously.   Pat Robertson may be a voice crying in the wilderness about the impending destruction of America like Israel was destroyed for turning its back on God, but who's going to listen to him?  They have credibility only for those who already buy their skewed world view.  To anyone else, they are irrelevent.

So what is your goal, Michael?  Is it to persuade people to change their minds about US policy?  Then attack US policy.  That's an extension of the objection to ad hominem attack in debate.  Focus on the issue, not the people. 

But is your goal to persuade people that US soldiers are evil baby killers, then go ahead and continue the rhetoric to that effect.  Just recognize that people who think will reject that as bigotry out of hand.  I reject out of hand sarcastic references to Islam as the "Religion of Peace" because I recognize those as an appeal to reject Islam, rather than an appeal to reject Islamic terrorists.  That's a damned important distinction.

Bottom line:  I suggest you consider the effect your choice of rhetorical device has on your credibiliy and ability to persuade.  Even if your only real goal in this forum is pleasant exchange of views, a more careful approach to rhetorical choice can facilitate that aim without leading to less pleasant exchange of insults.

For the record, it is clear that you are at least giving my posts due consideration in spite of their somewhat ad hominem nature.  I acknowlege and appreciate that.
Oh, for a muse of fire, that would ascend the brightest heaven of invention . . .

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2007, 09:18:31 AM »
<<Well, it just is.>>

That place is about a twenty-minute drive from my home.  Of course, the local papers have been all over that story for years and years now.  William Stephenson's story too.

So you already know that the original CIA was 80% graduates of Camp X?
Hebert Hoover had nothing like it.
Chirchill saw this as  crying need.
I don't think that King of Canada was even consulted.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2007, 11:05:33 AM »
<<So you already know that the original CIA was 80% graduates of Camp X?>>

THAT particular fact?  No, I didn't.  The sheer volume of stuff in the local papers was overwhelming, and that little tid-bit, interesting though it was, must have escaped me.

<<Hebert Hoover had nothing like it.
<<Chirchill saw this as  crying need.
<<I don't think that King of Canada was even consulted.>>

I think the big shots treated him as the non-entity that he was.  But he was a pretty good guy about doing as he was told.  His main concerns, apart from keeping Jewish refugees out of Canada, were communicating with the spirit of his deceased mother and keeping the French-Canadians quiet about the war.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2007, 11:51:24 AM »
<<I am less interested in persuading folks than I am in getting people to see another perspective and opening my own mind to the same opportunity. >>

I'm interested in both.  And my target audience, frankly, isn't a guy like you, Pooch.  You're already too open-minded for me to waste effort on mind-opening, and not open-minded enough for me to persuade to abandon your convictions.

I aim for the guys I'm most concerned about - - some corn-fed all-American midwesterner who's heard nothing in his or her life but the "army of heroes" rhetoric and swallows uncritically any militaristic bullshit that he hears to pump up whatever invasion or occupation this or any future administration is planning.  I'm betting that the shock value alone of "army of criminals," "army of rapists," "army of thugs" - - which certainly has SOME basis in fact, at least as much basis as the "army of heroes" rhetoric of the other side - - is going to make some of these guys rock back on their heels and think.  Or debate.  And either way, the misdeeds of this army are going to start sinking in.  The fact that they're not just the "aberrations" of a "small group" of "bad apples."  You're saying that it will just alienate and harden the very people I'm trying to convince - - well, let me be the judge of that, Pooch.  This is MY debating point, after all.  Sure, there will be some who don't buy - - there are guys in their eighties today who were S.S. in their teens and remain S.S. today.  With guys like that, the only "convincer" is a bullet right between the eyes and thank God enough of them got the "message."

I remember the 1960s like they were yesterday.  (Come to think of it, they WERE yesterday!)  And it was the most outrageous tactics, the wildest rhetoric, that shook Americans out of their sleep and brought them to see the absolute horror of the deeds that their Army was committing in their name.  "Baby killers"  "Hey, hey, LBJ, how many kids did you kill today?"  Was it literally true?  Did each returning GI have to wash the blood of at least one baby off his hands?  Did LBJ really kill kids?  But there was enough truth in the taunts and chants to convince a generation of young and not-so-young Americans that abominable crimes were being committed in their name, and this created one of the factors making it impossible for that criminal aggression to continue.

I'm faced every day I spend in this forum with the products of the brainwashing - - those who bought into the bullshit, America won WWII, America always fights on the good side (remarkably similar to the "Gott mit uns" - - God With Us - - slogan worn on the belt buckles of all Wehrmacht soldiers in WWII,) army of heroes etc.  And I've got my work cut out for me.  If only ONE of those morons gets his eyes opened, it's worth it.  And I'm sure that for some of them, hearing the exact opposite of all the brainwashing pap they've been fed all their lives, is a first-time experience.  They can ignore it as the ravings of a deranged lunatic but if they engage the idea, debate with it, debate against it, they will come out knowing more than when they came in.  Which ain't all to the bad.  Some of them, if they are smart enough, will actually come to see, here and through wider reading and investigation, what a shocking mess of lies and criminality this whole Iraq thing is.

One last point:  I said earlier in another thread, that in a debate forum like this, where the subject is basically current events, and some of the participants in the forum also may have participated in the events themselves, that an unspoken but implied phrase, "present company excepted" should always be read into every post to avoid giving offense and so as not to inhibit full and frank discussion.  If it makes you feel any better, "present company excepted" went implicitly into all my prior posts.

Bottom line is that I will be continuing to characterize the U.S. military and the U.S.A. as I see fit, and you of course may respond to that any way you choose.  As Winston Churchill said once, "You do your worst.  And we will do our best."
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 11:57:44 AM by Michael Tee »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2007, 12:30:52 PM »
...what is it exactly that you are trying to persuade people to think?  Are you aiming to make those you address think of the American army as a bunch of baby killing rapist thugs?  That's a pretty sad thing.  Effectively, that would mean you are just trying to get people to hate.  It might turn out that the hatred is warranted, but so what?  If your specific intention is to rally an actual military force to take on the American army, then you are simply using the same technique soldiers do when we use terms like "Jap" "Kraut" or "Raghead."   You are employing the same rhetorical devices that the proponents of segregation used when they referred to Dr, King as "Martin Luther Coon."  You are dehumanizing a group of people to make it easier to hate them - and thereby suppress any sense of decency that might prevent atrocities against them.  This is how soldiers get to Abu Ghraib or My Lai and Muslims get to the World Trade Center.......So what is your goal, Michael?  Is it to persuade people to change their minds about US policy?  Then attack US policy.  That's an extension of the objection to ad hominem attack in debate.  Focus on the issue, not the people

But is your goal to persuade people that US soldiers are evil baby killers, then go ahead and continue the rhetoric to that effect.  Just recognize that people who think will reject that as bigotry out of hand.  I reject out of hand sarcastic references to Islam as the "Religion of Peace" because I recognize those as an appeal to reject Islam, rather than an appeal to reject Islamic terrorists.  That's a damned important distinction.

Bottom line:  I suggest you consider the effect your choice of rhetorical device has on your credibiliy and ability to persuade.  Even if your only real goal in this forum is pleasant exchange of views, a more careful approach to rhetorical choice can facilitate that aim without leading to less pleasant exchange of insults.

WOW.......that's some might fine assessements in that last post, Pooch.  I was especially impressed with the sections I pulled from it above.  I hope I'm paying attention to them in my responses, so as to maintain a certain level of credibility despite my obvious partisan ideology         8)
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2007, 12:43:06 PM »
<<Compements are intended to engender good feelings and direct them.
<<Insults are intended the opposite, but is cranking up bad feeling just as worthy as starting some good ones?>>

That's a good question, but I think the answer is that it depends on the context.  If a speaker comes to a high school and compliments the audience on how nice and fresh they all look, and the next speaker wants to balance out the first guy and says they all look like a bunch of scruffy bums, I'd say, even though the audience had some nicely groomed and some scruffily groomed members, the first comment (complimentary) was OK, and the second not.

If the context is an army which is going through a foreign country bombing, killing and destroying, racking up civilian casualties and generally raising hell, it might become important to determine if it's a good thing or a bad thing to keep these guys over there.  It's important to know what kind of army it is.  Should the "President" be allowed to influence the debate HIS way by calling them an army of heroes, of courageous and dedicated young men while at the same time nobody can use the same rhetorical device of painting the army with the actions of some of its soldiers, but use the device in reverse?  That sounds grossly unfair to me.  This goes way beyond complimenting or hurting feelings - - we have to KNOW just who these guys are and what they are really up to.

It takes God to create a man , but no more than a worm to destroy one.
Destruction has a the huge advantage over creativity and construction.
 I am gonna start another thread dealing exclusively with the quality of the US Army.

This one can continue naturally as it is.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2007, 12:46:01 PM »
You needn't be all that impressed, sirs.  Most of the argument employed in those paragraphs you quoted is a very old debating tactic  called "imputing motive."  It's a crock.