Author Topic: And Poppy Wept...  (Read 14416 times)

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
And Poppy Wept...
« on: December 05, 2006, 06:29:28 PM »

TALLAHASSEE, Florida (AP) -- Former President George H.W. Bush broke down in tears as he cited his son, Gov. Jeb Bush, as an example of leadership.

Bush was addressing lawmakers, his son's top administrators, and state workers gathered in the House chamber Monday for the last of the governor's leadership forums.

He said he was proud of how his son handled losing the 1994 governor's race to popular incumbent Democrat Lawton Chiles and vaguely referred to dirty tricks in the campaign.

"He didn't whine about it. He didn't complain," the former president said before choking up. As he tried to continue, he let out a sob and put a handkerchief to his face. When he spoke again, his words were broken up by pauses as he tried to regain composure.

I don't want to poke fun at the guy.  He's feeling his emotions and his history is catching up with him.  His guilt must be enormous.  All those years of promulgating evil in the world are catching up to him.  Yes, his family wound up beating those bastards the Kennedy's but now he must look back and see how horrible the price was.

Watching it could almost make you feel sorry for him.  Unfortunately, people will remember how he had a hand in JFK's death.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
Re: And Poppy Wept...
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 09:00:45 PM »
Unfortunately, people will remember how he had a hand in JFK's death.

prove it. and try to do better than tenuous links at best.

You can tie Kerry closer to oswald than you can Bush.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2006, 09:01:28 PM »
Six degrees of sepration?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2006, 09:20:11 PM »
Six degrees of sepration?

The picture of oswald with the rifle was taken in Kerry's cousins backyard.

His wife was staying with them. Do a lookup on Ruth Paine or Payne.

Mucho

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2006, 09:26:43 PM »
Maybe he cried because he had one OK son , one crooked son and one evil prick son.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2006, 09:34:33 PM »
The picture of oswald with the rifle was taken in Kerry's cousins backyard.   His wife was staying with them.

OUCH
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2006, 09:46:47 PM »
I feel bad for him.  W has ruined the Bush name.  Jeb is never going to get a chance to show what he could have done for the country.  I'd cry too, if I were Poppy. 
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2006, 09:53:22 PM »
I feel bad for him.  W has ruined the Bush name.  Jeb is never going to get a chance to show what he could have done for the country.  I'd cry too, if I were Poppy.  

Oh, that's why he was crying, right Lanya?  You're convinced it's "W's" fault, you & Brass.  Couldn't POSSIBLY be how proud he is of his sons now, could it, Jeb specifically in this instance.   But no, you don't hate Bush, do you

IMHO, you've really hit a new low, Lanya      :-[
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Mucho

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2006, 10:03:12 PM »

Oh, that's why he was crying, right Lanya?  You're convinced it's "W's" fault, you & Brass.  Couldn't POSSIBLY be how proud he is of his sons now, could it, Jeb specifically in this instance.   But no, you don't hate Bush, do you

IMHO, you've really hit a new low, Lanya      :-[

If a deluded Bushidolator thinks she has hit a new low, it MUST be a new height! You go, girl!

;D

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2006, 10:11:55 PM »
If a deluded Bushidolator thinks she has hit a new low, it MUST be a new height! You go, girl!

;D

We already know how subterranian you are knute.  That was never any secret.  It would seem however, that Lanya is aspiring to reach your level

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2006, 10:24:36 PM »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAgh!

Ad hominim , its like my Kriptonite!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAgh!

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2006, 11:03:06 PM »

I don't see what I said that was bad.  I do feel bad for him.  He IS proud of Jeb.  I think he might be sad because Jeb now won't have a chance to be president.  Evidently that was "the plan."
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2006, 11:09:50 PM »

I don't see what I said that was bad.  I do feel bad for him.  He IS proud of Jeb.  I think he might be sad because Jeb now won't have a chance to be president.  Evidently that was "the plan."

Good greif?

You would be dissapointed in your son the Govenor?

I am always happy to hear that my children have found honest work.

Oh , ...............

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2006, 11:18:20 PM »

because apparently your hatred for the "W" is so overt, you somehow can mindread "poppy" and conclude how stricken he is that his son couldn't possibly make a run for president.  All because of that bastard, "W".  Again, couldn't possibly be tears of joy at how proud he is of his son Jeb.  It's all about "W", and it's all his fault.  That's beyond arrogance Lanya, even for what I thought you would ever reach.  Brass, yea, Knute, well, that goes without saying, but you?  I thought wrong apparently        :(

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2006, 11:19:33 PM »
Unfortunately, people will remember how he had a hand in JFK's death.

prove it. and try to do better than tenuous links at best.

You can tie Kerry closer to oswald than you can Bush.

Oswald didn't kill anyone.

And Bush 41 was working for the CIA and was briefed by Hoover on anti-Castro Cubans (that Bush himself was in charge of!).  They were daring Hoover to say the wrong thing.

Bush 41 ran weapons, boats and training out of his Zapata base.  He was best buds with Bissell who planned the whole thing.

Oswald was a patsy and possibly an American hero who was more than likely out to stop the assassination by surveiling the operatives who were planning it.