Author Topic: And Poppy Wept...  (Read 14418 times)

yellow_crane

Re: And Poppy Wept...
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2006, 02:25:57 PM »

After watching the Baker/Hamilton recommendations, via a q and a from reporters just now on TV, I have need of no further explanation as to why aides must follow Herbert Walker around with a mop.

Rove, the Neocons, Cheney/Halliburton/todas corporate obscene profits et al, and the mentally simple sinecure W have been indicted by the panel.

Addressing the Florida legislature during a session laudingly celebrating the departing Florida govenor Jeb--who has been the real hope of the family Bush--Pappy broke down righteously. 

Several pundits suggested up through yesterday that pappy weeped for Jeb, who was somehow benched by the Neocons, orchestrated by Rove, and whose further chances for a presidential bid--directly due to Jeb's robotic defense of the Rove faction's multiplying failures, as well as the prim and pathetically pathological Katherine Harris' almost transparent con-job--are slim to none.

Surely Herbert Walker knew the general gist of the panel's findings and recommendations, and the public humiliation that was going to follow a few days' hence.  Herbert Walker, by blood default, had to step aside and say nothing.  One can imagine the personal feelings of a former president who has been approached by his former guard and told that his errant son's continued and single-minded arrogance is putting this nation in escalatingly recalcitrant peril.

Clearly his weeping was also influenced by the fact that the old guard, as well as the multitudinous defections of Republican pols in DC, have stepped up to challenge the embarassingly uninformed right wing christian who is welded--by pathology--to a single concept:  stay the course.

It seems apparent to me, at least, that Herbert Walker's grief was largely influenced by W's now univerally recognized abject failure, and that his forced-upon-us war may quite possibly evolve as the most salient American political debacle of the century.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2006, 07:41:34 PM »
Unlike Poppy Bush who weeps for his crimes.

You have no idea why Poppy cried. Neither do I. But then you have no proof that GHWB had anything to do with the kennedy assassination, either.

domer

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2006, 08:58:57 PM »
If I were a betting man, I'd bet the bank that a proper analysis would reveal that Poppy Bush, when talking about "leadership" to a political audience with his younger son present, was moved inexorably to consider and assess how his eldest son was doing in that department. I mean, d'uh.

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2006, 09:23:47 PM »

Oswald was a patsy and possibly an American hero who was more than likely out to stop the assassination by surveiling the operatives who were planning it.

Please tell me you're joking.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2006, 09:37:09 PM »
If I were a betting man, I'd bet the bank that a proper analysis would reveal that Poppy Bush, when talking about "leadership" to a political audience with his younger son present, was moved inexorably to consider and assess how his eldest son was doing in that department. I mean, d'uh.

the more logical explanation was that he was overcome by emotion concerning his pride for his younger son. either that or he stopped taking his antidepression meds.

all things do not revolve around gwb. cheap shots and blatant snark notwithstanding

You know it's funny Brass posts pics of his son benjamin and you can feel the palpable pride in those posts. yet i haven't seen anyone rushing to call brass nasty names for wearing his emotions on his sleeeve.

Perhaps because it's normal for a father to take pride in the actions of his son.

So why would papa's display concerning jeb be any different.

Other than them being Bush's that is.

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2006, 09:46:46 PM »

It seems apparent to me, at least, that Herbert Walker's grief was largely influenced by W's now univerally recognized abject failure, and that his forced-upon-us war may quite possibly evolve as the most salient American political debacle of the century.

It seems apparent to me that none of the people who seem so certain G.H.W. Bush was weeping over G.W. Bush have any basis for this except something along the lines of "well, that must be it." As best I can tell, none of you actually know the man, so your insistence that his crying must be about G.W. Bush comes off as really pathetic wishful thinking.

There are times when I think I'm becoming too cynical, but then I come here and watch people try to assign all manner of imagined subtext to the littlest details of the words and/or actions of political or ideological opponents, and then present these silly figments as justification or evidence of some nonsense notion or other. And then I know I'm barely scratching the surface of cynical.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Mucho

« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2006, 02:02:42 AM »

It seems apparent to me that none of the people who seem so certain G.H.W. Bush was weeping over G.W. Bush have any basis for this except something along the lines of "well, that must be it." As best I can tell, none of you actually know the man, so your insistence that his crying must be about G.W. Bush comes off as really pathetic wishful thinking.

There are times when I think I'm becoming too cynical, but then I come here and watch people try to assign all manner of imagined subtext to the littlest details of the words and/or actions of political or ideological opponents, and then present these silly figments as justification or evidence of some nonsense notion or other. And then I know I'm barely scratching the surface of cynical.

You are not cynical , sweety. You are what the Repub carnies call an easy mark.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2006, 03:00:40 AM »
--------------------------

Prince, of course I don't know that's what GHW Bush was thinking.  I was imagining how and what I'd thing and feel if I were in the same position. 
Last tnight I looked up "Jeb Bush groomed for President" and read some interesting articles.  He has been groomed for it.  He is thought to be the best and the brightest in the family.
Some of the articles mentioned "Bush fatigue." 
I'm thinking Poppy is very proud of Jeb.  That is what he said: "He lost, and he didn't whine." And then he cried.

At that point, I thought, how sad; Poppy probably thinks people are so tired of the Bush name that he won't be alive to see Jeb run for President.
Something he's probably been waiting for for years. 
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2006, 10:08:45 AM »

Prince, of course I don't know that's what GHW Bush was thinking.  I was imagining how and what I'd thing and feel if I were in the same position. 
Last tnight I looked up "Jeb Bush groomed for President" and read some interesting articles.  He has been groomed for it.  He is thought to be the best and the brightest in the family.
Some of the articles mentioned "Bush fatigue." 
I'm thinking Poppy is very proud of Jeb.  That is what he said: "He lost, and he didn't whine." And then he cried.

At that point, I thought, how sad; Poppy probably thinks people are so tired of the Bush name that he won't be alive to see Jeb run for President.
Something he's probably been waiting for for years.

Possibly. But then again, maybe he was just proud of his son. Fathers sometimes are like that.

I guess it isn't the speculation that bothers me so much. It's the sense of authority that some used as if they were experts on the internal emotional and mental processes of G.H.W. Bush. Seems a bit juvenile to criticize the guy for something someone who doesn't know him thought he was thinking. I have to wonder how they would react if someone started talking about how Ted Kennedy is a fat drunk because that is how he deals with the guilt of leading this country toward bad policies and/or killing that girl in the car. (Not saying I believe that, 'cause I don't. Just using it as turn-about example.) I mean, it's really silly (to put it nicely) to make those kind of statements because we don't actually know those people. We may know them as public speakers or politicians, but we don't know them as people. We don't know what they are genuinely like at home or on an everyday basis or even on general conversation once a month sort of basis. Heck, we hardly know each other around the Saloon here.

Get Brassmask and me talking politics, and we're getting mean and calling names before too long. Get us talking about movies, and we're almost like old friends. But most people wouldn't know that because all they see around here is us talking politics. To suppose that we know public figures well enough to make judgments about what may or may not really be in their minds in personal moments is patently absurd.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2006, 10:18:57 AM »
I can't say I really care about why Olebush cried.

I recall that the reports around the Reagan Whitehouse were that he was a "wimp".

When the reports began to surface in the election against Dukakis, he stonewalled his wimpishness, along with the rumors of his mistress, named Jennifer, as well as his nefarious deeds in the Iran Contra mess. His method is that of the CIA Deny everything loudly.

And yet, here he is publicly crying. I can conclude that all the rest of his ruse was just that: a ruse. He is not what he says he is.
God knows, neither is his incompetent lying president son. Not to mention his thieving lying son Neil.

Wait and see. Odds are that Jebbybush will soon offer himself, sacrificially, as futurepres Bush 44 or perhaps 45. We have not heard the last of Jebby.

Jebby is not as incompetent as Juniorbush, but he still works for the same puppeteers.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2006, 10:28:29 AM »

And yet, here he is publicly crying.

Okay, so he's no Randolph Scott, but so what if he cried in public? How does that make him a wimp? It's not like he broke down into a sobbing heap on the floor. The way you people keep talking about him publicly crying, you'd think he'd started weeping like a little girl. The man just let his emotions show for a moment and otherwise kept his composure. What is bad about that?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2006, 10:33:12 AM »
Nothing, except that it reveals that (a) his vociferous denials of wimpishness were fraudulent, and reveal him to be  a hypocrite, and (b) also reveal that stonewalling (ie denying everything, no matter how convincing the evidence) is his (and it seems Juniorbush's) modus operandi as well.

This does not mean he is not human, just that he isn't really believeable.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2006, 10:36:51 AM »

it reveals that (a) his vociferous denials of wimpishness were fraudulent, and reveal him to be  a hypocrite,

I am still confused as to why the tears in public make him a wimp. Would you explain this, please?

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2006, 11:06:56 AM »
Remember Ed Muskie?
That's why.
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Mucho

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2006, 11:15:40 AM »
Remember Ed Muskie?
That's why.

Muskie had a much better reason for crying. His wife was being attacked by one of the truly nasty men opf his time. (Repubs have gotten much worse since then , tho)

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/remember/muskie_3-26.html

I think Old Geo now knows that the Bush name will now go down in history in shame  as one of the most evil like the Borgia's or Vlad The Impaler.