Author Topic: Imus  (Read 14493 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Imus
« Reply #30 on: April 11, 2007, 12:51:27 AM »
"don't Republicans routinely attack the patriotism of their Democratic opponents,"
No
I beg to differ.  YES.

No.

Find an exmaple that is not from a Democratic or liberal sorce.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2007, 12:54:03 AM »

" their criminal nature (by comparing abortion to murder)"
Abortion has a diffrence from murder?

You see?  You call your pro-choice opponents murderers.

Why shouldn't I?

Haven't you made the point that the actual truth is allowable?
No matter how mean?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2007, 12:54:12 AM »
<<See?

<<Talking like that [saying that Reagan was a lying, despicable murderer]  is Ok for you and is Ok when directed against a wasp.>>

If you recall, I said pretty much the same about Ariel Sharon, who, last time I checked, was NOT a WASP.  It's OK for me because it's the God's own truth and if you want to stick your head in the sand and deny it, that's YOUR problem.

<<If you had a single standard you wouldn't struggle so often with question of Hypocrisy.>>

But I do have a single standard and I don't struggle with the question of hypocrisy.  

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2007, 12:59:58 AM »
<<Find an exmaple that is not from a Democratic or liberal sorce.>>

Sorry, there are just too many examples to look for.  I remember lots of times when the Democrats were accused by their opponents of giving aid and comfort to, emboldening or encouraging the enemies of their country.  If you really don't remember any such incidents, we'll have to agree to disagree. 

I know what I remember.  Why don't you just be honest and tell me in black and white "I do not recall any incidents where a Republican called a Democrat unpatriotic or accused him or her of not supporting American troops or of endangering them?"  Write it.  Post it.  Tell me you never heard of that happening in the past five years.  Otherwise I won't waste my time looking for evidence of what I know (and probably you know) is all over the net.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2007, 01:03:18 AM »
HOWEVER, the point is that Imus was NOT participating in the politics-as-usual practice of character assassination, he was picking on INNOCENT COLLEGE GIRLS, which no conservative is willing to acknowledge, and accusing them of nothing more than being black and female, which he equated to something bad and repulsive.  THAT is why he is a racist prick, .........."

No, I am a conservative myself and I could agree with this.

Because these girls are innocent of all fault makes this insult especially egregious , the nasty stuff that Imus has said about President Bush is not any nicer but because Bush is the president there is enough excuse to allow more leway in diecting insults twards him. A president shoud expect it and shoud be tough enough to take it as part of the job.

Imus has had insult slinging as a job for years now , if you knew him better you would be less surprised by this incident .

I think that Imus has a liberal leaning that he can exploit to escape this opprobrium after a while , remmber Senator Byrd and his N word? I bet you don't.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2007, 01:04:19 AM »
 <<Why shouldn't I? [call pro-choicers murderers?]>>

I don't give a shit.  Call'em whatever you like.  I was responding to sirs' allegations that many "left-wingers" had said terrible things about their opponents and my point was that many right-wingers say terrible things about theirs.

All you have just done is proven my point.  In spades.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2007, 01:05:32 AM »
<<Find an exmaple that is not from a Democratic or liberal sorce.>>

Sorry, there are just too many examples to look for.  I remember lots of times when the Democrats were accused by their opponents of giving aid and comfort to, emboldening or encouraging the enemies of their country.  If you really don't remember any such incidents, we'll have to agree to disagree. 

I know what I remember.  Why don't you just be honest and tell me in black and white "I do not recall any incidents where a Republican called a Democrat unpatriotic or accused him or her of not supporting American troops or of endangering them?"  Write it.  Post it.  Tell me you never heard of that happening in the past five years.  Otherwise I won't waste my time looking for evidence of what I know (and probably you know) is all over the net.

I only asked for one , but from  a sorce that was not accuseing for political purpose , that is what makes getting one so hard.

One

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2007, 01:09:49 AM »

I don't give a shit.  Call'em whatever you like.  I was responding to sirs' allegations that many "left-wingers" had said terrible things about their opponents and my point was that many right-wingers say terrible things about theirs.

All you have just done is proven my point.  In spades.

I can't beleive you admit the truth of the accusation .

Even though I do actually think so, I expected you to be in denyal of the humanity of all these many victims.

In an earlyer post you seemed to say that saying nasty things is alright if one thinks them true.

Quote from: Michael Tee on April 10, 2007, 11:32:07 PM
<<What really makes this so much worse?>>

That Reagan was in reality a despicable, lying, hypocritical murderer?

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2007, 01:13:38 AM »
<<Imus has had insult slinging as a job for years now , if you knew him better you would be less surprised by this incident .>>

I've never listened to Don Imus.  In fact, only a couple of years ago, a friend had to explain to me who Don Imus was.  But a lot of people "sling insults" for a job.  Don Rickles for example.  Jackie Mason was pretty good in his day, too.  I guess there's insults and there's insults.  This is one I would NOT have expected.  From anyone.  

<<I think that Imus has a liberal leaning that he can exploit to escape this opprobrium after a while , remmber Senator Byrd and his N word? I bet you don't.>>

More liberal than me you don't get.  And I don't think I'd give him a pass.  It's beyond Don Imus at this point.  And it's beyond the issues of free speech and censorship, which would normally put me on Don's side.  It's the message that you need to send out to every American minority.  They KNOW there are some things Don Imus COULD get canned for - - pissing on an American flag, for one.  Calling black American women killed in Iraq "nappy haired hos."  If he DOESN'T get canned for this, millions of Americans are being told in no uncertain terms, "Nobody gives a shit about your dignity and your pride.  We care more about our military and our flag than we do about your miserable black asses, so suck it up and move on because WE own the  fucking media and you don't."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2007, 01:17:14 AM »
<<I only asked for one , but from  a sorce that was not accuseing for political purpose , that is what makes getting one so hard.

<<One >>

If the story is true, what do you care what the source is?  Just tell me in writing you don't recall one case in the past five years where a Republican has impugned the patriotism of a Democratic opponent.  That shouldn't be hard.  Either you know of one such case or you never heard of one.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2007, 01:19:26 AM »

Strange how I never once claimed, or even imnplied the latter doesn't happen.  Chalk that up to another patented BS accusation from Tee

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2007, 01:23:35 AM »
<<I can't beleive you admit the truth of the accusation .>>

Of course I don't.

<<Even though I do actually think so, I expected you to be in denyal of the humanity of all these many victims.>>

Humanity?  You gotta be kidding.  Those "victims" are mostly blastocysts.

<<In an earlyer post you seemed to say that saying nasty things is alright if one thinks them true.>>

Yes.  That's why I said I don't give a shit WHAT you call pro-lifers.  If you think it's true, you are just exercising a Constitutional right as honestly as you can and to the best of your ability.  But that doesn't mean that I have to think it's true also.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2007, 01:25:33 AM »
<<I only asked for one , but from  a sorce that was not accuseing for political purpose , that is what makes getting one so hard.

<<One >>

If the story is true, what do you care what the source is?  Just tell me in writing you don't recall one case in the past five years where a Republican has impugned the patriotism of a Democratic opponent.  That shouldn't be hard.  Either you know of one such case or you never heard of one.

Becuse this story is only found from Democratic sorces , you can't go to any origonal sorce for it because it isn't there.

I live in Georgia and I voted once for Max Clealand then against him , I was intensely interested in the race .

What I saw was Max Cleland cry foul and he was lieing.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2007, 01:27:38 AM »
<<I can't beleive you admit the truth of the accusation .>>

Of course I don't.

<<Even though I do actually think so, I expected you to be in denyal of the humanity of all these many victims.>>

Humanity?  You gotta be kidding.  Those "victims" are mostly blastocysts.

<<In an earlyer post you seemed to say that saying nasty things is alright if one thinks them true.>>

Yes.  That's why I said I don't give a shit WHAT you call pro-lifers.  If you think it's true, you are just exercising a Constitutional right as honestly as you can and to the best of your ability.  But that doesn't mean that I have to think it's true also.

I can't require you to face facts  , but why did you bring this up?

The_Professor

« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2007, 01:27:59 AM »

My 16-year-old son and I were listening to the athletes speak at their news conference. 
He didn't get why Imus said what he said. What made him say it? 
I told him that as far as I could figure out, if women aren't in their proper role as smiling, lipsticked nicely dressed submissive helpmeets, they're fair game.  These girls were playing a very good game of basketball, were athletic in build, not submissive, competetive, not at all like the picture-perfect Donna Reed type that would be beyond reproach. 
So they get called those names on national TV.  It's abuse, verbal abuse, as far as I can tell elicited by their lack of conformity to what's considered the norm for female looks and behavior.

So, is it even remotely possible to add any more stereotypes in a post?