Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Imus
« Reply #75 on: April 12, 2007, 09:54:08 AM »
You say, exploitation, I say expose (that last "e" needs an acute accent but I can't insert it)

XO told you how to do it once already. Hold down the left Alt key, then enter 0233 on the numeric keyboard.

Exposé

I also expanded on it by telling you that you pop up a window that allows you to click on the accented character, and copy it into the paste buffer by selecting Start->All Programs->Accessories->System Tools->Character Map. That window will also tell you the keystroke to use - when you select the accented character, look in the lower right corner of the window. (These instructions are for WinXP, but it's similar for other versions of Windoze.)
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: April 12, 2007, 09:57:57 AM »
Thanks, Ami, this time I'm saving the advice to my hard drive.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #77 on: April 12, 2007, 01:56:08 PM »
Whatasa matta wit dose guys?

Explain Sharpton and Jacksons role is the evolution and magnification of this story.

Do they profit?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: April 12, 2007, 01:58:19 PM »

« Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 02:00:53 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: April 12, 2007, 02:04:42 PM »
Maybe the people shocked, shocked! that Don Imus said something offensive and insulting should consider visiting our planet a little more often. Yeah, what he said was insulting and really, really stupid, but I can't believe this is even a little bit newsworthy.

"This just in... an offensive and idiotic shock jock said something offensive, idiotic and shocking on the air today... we'll have the full story for you tonight at eleven. Coming up is our in-depth and investigative report on the surprising revelation that Pope Benedict XVI is really a Catholic. But first here on Channel X News, where we cover the stories that matter to you, a report on whether bears actually shit in the woods..." [/color]

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: April 12, 2007, 03:03:03 PM »
<<Explain Sharpton and Jacksons role is the evolution and magnification of this story.

<<Do they profit?>>

Does the Pope shit in the woods?  Is a bear Catholic?  Why do they rush to the forefront of every one of these stories if there's nothing in it for them?  Sure they profit.  Big time.  Keeps their name in the news.  That's millions of bucks worth of free publicity.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #81 on: April 12, 2007, 03:18:14 PM »
So the story is no longer about the words uttered it is the hijacking of the story for personal gain, either at the hands of the MSM or the likes of Sharpton and Jackson.

Looks like they are not alone.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: April 12, 2007, 05:11:30 PM »
What is the demographic description of the Imus audence?

If they loose Imus where will they go?

This could be good news for someone.

http://www.mediabuyerplanner.com/medium/topic/personalization/

In talk radio -- which in many areas veers into sheer maggot-brain radio -- Don Imus is a loyal friend of country music. For which all true fans of country music should be grateful.

http://www.cmt.com/news/articles/1459229/12192002/id_0.jhtml

"We only need to look at New Orleans after katrina when Imus, before almost anyone else, ranted for a solid week about how the people didn't receive immediate assistance from our govt. because they were poor and black.

We only need to look back a week or 2, when he was flying across the country, and, as part of a charity he participates in, went out of his way to pick up a black child and his mother and fly them to Charlotte because the boy needed to see a doctor for his eye cancer.

We only need to look at his cattle ranch for kids with cancer, where almost half of the kids are minorities.

Regular listeners of the show and people who know him know what a kind (but crazy) guy he is. This craziness is partly what makes him funny. He holds grudges until he forgets why he was mad, and then says: "well, i don't remember what my problem with him/her is, so let's have em back on." It's kind of like the crazy uncle in the family. it's part of the charm."

http://www.coolrunning.com/forums/Forum1/HTML/153481-6.shtml

http://www.newsmax.com/talkradio/

NewsMax's 25 Most
Influential Talk Radio Hosts

1. Rush Limbaugh

2. Bill O'Reilly

3. Don Imus

4. Michael Savage

5. Sean Hannity

6. Laura Ingraham

7. Glenn Beck

8. Dr. Laura Schlessinger

9. Neal Boortz

10. Al Franken

11. Mike Gallagher

12. Mancow

13. Howard Stern
   14. Bill Bennett

15. Opie and Anthony

16. Ed Schultz

17. Michael Medved

18. Randi Rhodes

19. Jim Bohannon

20. G. Gordon Liddy

21. Diane Rehm

22. Larry Elder

23. Michael Reagan

24. Tammy Bruce

25. Tom Leykis

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m4021/is_2001_Oct_1/ai_79052842

Like it or not, Talk Radio is the realm of the humans, of the mass, of what we used to call the masses. Talk Radio is the antidote to the hierarchical star systems of Hollywood, TV, electoral politics, and the slumber-inducing discourse that passes for "journalism" in American newspapers and magazines. It's the one place in the media where the hoi polloi can push back against the tyranny of format, where Howard Rheingold's "smart mob" can reestablish the good ol' American disorder upon which this once great nation was built.

http://www.salonchingon.com/readingroom/talkradio.php

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: April 12, 2007, 05:57:53 PM »
not fair
I like tom lykus
he`s a complete pig
but I actually get truely useful tips from the guy
I broke up with someone with his advice.
very useful
if it wasn`t for him I might actually be with her now
brrr.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: April 12, 2007, 07:08:17 PM »
<<So the story is no longer about the words uttered it is the hijacking of the story for personal gain, either at the hands of the MSM or the likes of Sharpton and Jackson.

<<Looks like they are not alone. [Hillary puts in her two cents' worth]>>

Oh God, I hope you're not saying that politicians jump on bandwagons.  That would be SO disillusioning.  Think how disheartened the Schiavo family would feel to hear your latest discovery.  Better keep it under wraps for now, BT.  You could be wrong, you know.  Maybe all of them are sincere.  Or at least please God the conservative Republicans.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: April 12, 2007, 07:12:20 PM »
<<I broke up with someone with his advice.
<<very useful
<<if it wasn`t for him I might actually be with her now
<<brrr.>>

The advice that you got from this genius, kimba - - was it by any chance related to the colour of her skin?  the kinkiness of her hair?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2007, 07:15:58 PM »
actually yes
I found her too asian
don`t care for that very much
not one bit

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2007, 07:31:20 PM »
Jesus, I was just kidding.  Imus gave you anti-Asian racist advice?  I thought the guy only had it in for black people. 

I think you're selling Asian women short, BTW - - I've never been with one, but some of them look pretty damn good to me. 

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: April 12, 2007, 07:52:24 PM »
not imus
tom lykis
and it wasn`t anti-asian
it was a check list of what behaviour is bad for a mate.
mine was too too clingy
but as a real men I`m too stupid to know this without a radio host to point this out
she was not right for me.
too subverient for my taste
most asian ladies I`vew dated are
yech

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: April 12, 2007, 08:38:14 PM »
Imus was extremely foolish to say what he said. Those basketball players did nothing to deserve being called 'hos'. Whether one plays b-ball well or poorly is unrelated to being a prostitute.

Anyone dating a Black woman should remember to NEVER say anything other than compliments about her hair. To do otherwise is to take one's like in one's hands.

On the other hand, Imus is not always a fool about everything. Mostly, he's a curmudgeon.

There are many things more important about a woman than race. It is the individual that matters, and personality is a lot more important than looks. After all, if you can't stand her looks, you would not date her in the first place.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."