Author Topic: Judeo-Christo-Fascism Awareness Week Comes to American Campuses!  (Read 13845 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Judeo-Christo-Fascism Awareness Week Comes to American Campuses!
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2007, 01:31:58 PM »
There's  no real difference between the Stalin cult of personality and Kim's.  It does not mean the guy is insane.  "God-like" is a meaningless term because it's open-ended.

I did not say god like or god lite , he is the recipient of worship he is literally their God.

Stalin had a personality cult , so did Jim Jones , Kim is a step further.

Cynthia

« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2007, 01:58:17 PM »
Pride is, of course, rightfully considered one of the Seven Deadly Sins. Self-respect and admiration for a job well-done is not the same thing.

Anger, Gluttony, Envy, Avarice, Sloth and Lust are the other six, in the event that anyone was in doubt."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2007, 03:39:32 PM »
<<I did not say god like or god lite , he is the recipient of worship he is literally their God.>>

Does that make them his Chosen People?  (pun intended)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2007, 03:50:52 PM »
<<I did not say god like or god lite , he is the recipient of worship he is literally their God.>>

Does that make them his Chosen People?  (pun intended)

I don't know if he would choose any diffrent people , or not.

I suppose as a living god you take the worshipers you have , not necesacerily the worshipers you wished you had.

(pretty good punning)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2007, 07:16:23 PM »
It seems to me that arguing against nationalism is like arguing against the sun rising tomorrow: it's a natural phenomenon that we can't affect. The human psyche is organized, I suggest, according to a fairly solid template, along these lines: self, family, culture-religion-community, class, political subdivision, nation, planet -- in fair order of priority. To alter this repeated, scientifically verifiable order is an impossible task but in fleeting moments leading to disintegration and chaos. The project is not to abrogate the order but to ameliorate it with salient, salvic and salutary concepts and emotions, tempering the I-ness into a We-ness. In this vein, it must be remarked that the social organization represented by the nation-state is capable of tremendous good not only as a starting proposition but also as a defensive stance against metasticizing forms of organization either natural progressions of the "normal order" or frank mutations of it. Who, for example, would have fought on the triumphant side in World War II?

Quite so , as a natural part of the human condition , it is a usefull thing both for the good things mentioned here and the bad ones too.

Intelligent peope who choose to be anti-nationalistic or without national allegience loose this tool .

Is the consequence good or bad that they do? 

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: October 29, 2007, 08:01:26 PM »
Breathes there the man with soul so dead
Who never to himself hath said
"This is my home, my native land?"
Whose heart hath ne'er within him burned
As home his footsteps he hath turned
From wand'ring on a foreign strand?

If such there be, go mark him well.
For him, no minstrel raptures swell
High though his title, proud his name,
Boundless his wealth as wish could claim:
Despite these titles, power and pelf,
The wretch, concentred all in self
da da da da da da da

God damn!  I used to know the whole fucking thing.  I almost got through to the end.  The moral being, the guy who is NOT a patriot is a miserable schmuck who dies alone, "unwept, unhonoured and unsung."  Great poem.  One of my dad's favourites.  The opposite to Samuel Johnson's dictum that "Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel," which I like even better.  (more realistic)