Author Topic: Pat Robertson endorses Rudy  (Read 14149 times)

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Pat Robertson endorses Rudy
« on: November 08, 2007, 01:19:20 AM »

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Pat Robertson endorses Rudy
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 01:33:15 AM »
No surprise there. These days, every time a Republican is forced to choose between supporting war-mongering and supporting anything else, war-mongering wins, hands down.

Guess the religious right and social conservatives have officially sold out now....
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 08:04:57 AM »
Guess the religious right and social conservatives have officially sold out now....

------------------------------------------
Past Robertson is just this old schmuck with a teevee show. He represents mostly himself.

The majority of the 'religious right' normally didn't vote. Given a choice between Giulani and Hillary, they will mostly return to their s=custom of not voting and waiting for Jesus, who, as we all know, is coming SOON.

Maybe next week. He'll clean everything up when he gets named King of the World.

(at least he is likely to do a better job than Leonardo de Caprio, who also proclaimed himself King of the World briefly.)
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 01:08:50 PM »
Well, I am part of this voting block. I have voted in every Presidential election since I was eligible (1972). That being said, if it is Guiliani versus Hillary, I will sit it out, as I postulate many such evangelicals will. This will, of course, only help Hillary, but such is Life sometimes. I simply cannot sell out my values. Give me a socially conservative Democrat, though...(but then again, isn't that an endangered species these days?)
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 01:26:38 PM »
Well, I am part of this voting block. I have voted in every Presidential election since I was eligible (1972). That being said, if it is Guiliani versus Hillary, I will sit it out, as I postulate many such evangelicals will. This will, of course, only help Hillary, but such is Life sometimes. I simply cannot sell out my values. Give me a socially conservative Democrat, though...(but then again, isn't that an endangered species these days?)

As another member of said voting block, given the choice between the 2, and acknowledging just how important it is in dealing with the current global conflicts, with Islamofascist terrorism right near the top, it's no problem for me to pull Rudy's lever.  I'm not expecting the coming of Reagain II, but I'm hell not going to sit out and allow Clinton II in.
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 04:31:26 PM »
I have never written in a canadate , I wonder if next year would be a good first time?

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 06:36:19 PM »
I have never written in a canadate , I wonder if next year would be a good first time?

Ok, it is spelled S A M  N U N N   or   A R N O L D  S W A R T Z E N E G G E R.
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

Richpo64

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2007, 07:14:34 PM »
Is Sam Nunn still alive?

If he is, I'm sure the Democrats will disown him for his support for America.

As for me, I don't really have a favorite at this time. Rudy will be a disappointment to me if he's the nominee, but I'll vote for anybody who's opposing Mrs. Clinton.

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2007, 08:44:52 PM »
As another member of said voting block, given the choice between the 2, and acknowledging just how important it is in dealing with the current global conflicts, with Islamofascist terrorism right near the top, it's no problem for me to pull Rudy's lever.  I'm not expecting the coming of Reagain II, but I'm hell not going to sit out and allow Clinton II in.

As much as I amaze even myself in saying this... I'd vote for Clinton II before I'd vote for Rudy.

Chances are I'll just vote 3rd party again, though.

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2007, 11:23:24 PM »

I'd vote for Clinton II before I'd vote for Rudy.

Don't vote for either one. Vote for Ron Paul.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2007, 11:28:52 PM »

To what end, UP?
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2007, 11:36:01 PM »
To what end, UP?

So you can sleep comfortably at night, knowing you cast your vote for the best candidate?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2007, 12:43:52 AM »

sorry Prince......his position on the threat (or more so, lack there of) of militant Islam to this country & a good chunk of the rest of the globe, has unfortunately axed him from my small pool of Presidential options
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2007, 01:45:13 AM »

To what end, UP?

To what end? Actual efforts at protecting liberty, actual efforts to shrink government rather then two-face lip service to either one.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2007, 01:46:01 AM »

So you can sleep comfortably at night, knowing you cast your vote for the best candidate?

Indeed, that too.