Author Topic: Pat Robertson endorses Rudy  (Read 14148 times)

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Pat Robertson endorses Rudy
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2007, 02:13:55 AM »

sorry Prince......his position on the threat (or more so, lack there of) of militant Islam to this country & a good chunk of the rest of the globe, has unfortunately axed him from my small pool of Presidential options

You mean Ron Paul's position that bullying other people in other countries is bound to have negative consequences? Hm. Yes, I suppose I can see how that would eliminate him as a choice for many people. By all means, vote by your principles. Personally, I'd like to see a leader in the White House who understood basic notions like blowback, and that doing to other countries what we would never stand for another country doing to the U.S. just might have negative and unintended consequences.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2007, 02:29:56 AM »
sorry Prince......his position on the threat (or more so, lack there of) of militant Islam to this country & a good chunk of the rest of the globe, has unfortunately axed him from my small pool of Presidential options

You mean Ron Paul's position that bullying other people in other countries is bound to have negative consequences?

Well, you & he are entiled to that flawed premice.  Wrong as it may be, but you both definately have a right to it.  No, I'm referring to Ron Paul's position that Militant Islam isn't any big deal, that terrorists killing in the name of Islam is nothing to get alarmed about, that Islamic terrorists and terrorist sponsoring nations possibly coming to a point of obtaining a nuke or 2 is nothing we really need to care about.  So, yea, that's a primary reason I've had to check him off as a possible Presidential Candidate, personally.

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Religious Dick

• Drunk, drunk, drunk in the gardens and the graves
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2007, 02:44:18 AM »
As another member of said voting block, given the choice between the 2, and acknowledging just how important it is in dealing with the current global conflicts, with Islamofascist terrorism right near the top, it's no problem for me to pull Rudy's lever.  I'm not expecting the coming of Reagain II, but I'm hell not going to sit out and allow Clinton II in.

You've got to be kidding! Show me a distinctive difference between any of Hillary Clinton's and Rudy Giuliani's positions on anything, besides the window dressing. Ideologically, you couldn't slip a razor blade between them. Sure, they package the product a little differently for their respective audiences, but in the blindfold taste test, I doubt you could tell them apart.
I speak of civil, social man under law, and no other.
-Sir Edmund Burke

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2007, 02:56:10 AM »

You mean Ron Paul's position that bullying other people in other countries is bound to have negative consequences?

Well, you & he are entiled to that flawed premice.

Are you suggesting there are not negative consequences?

No, I'm referring to Ron Paul's position that Militant Islam isn't any big deal, that terrorists killing in the name of Islam is nothing to get alarmed about, that Islamic terrorists and terrorist sponsoring nations possibly coming to a point of obtaining a nuke or 2 is nothing we really need to care about.

You got a quote for that?
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2007, 03:40:29 AM »

Well, you & he are entiled to that flawed premice.

Are you suggesting there are not negative consequences?

Of course not.  A leader (or anyone for that matter) must weigh the pros and cons of any and every decision they make.  Are you suggesting that Militant Islam isn't a major global issue we need to deal with?  Is Bush being completely insincere, even fraudulant in indiicating why we have troops in Iraq?, in Afghanistan?

No, I'm referring to Ron Paul's position that Militant Islam isn't any big deal, that terrorists killing in the name of Islam is nothing to get alarmed about, that Islamic terrorists and terrorist sponsoring nations possibly coming to a point of obtaining a nuke or 2 is nothing we really need to care about.

I have my opinion, same as yours regarding our simply wanting to bully people and other nations
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2007, 01:18:27 PM »
I have my opinion, same as yours regarding our simply wanting to bully people and other nations

You don't have to assume anything, you can read about Ron Paul's view on terrorism: http://www.ronpaul2008.com/articles/?tag=Terrorism
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2007, 01:27:53 PM »
"Show me a distinctive difference between any of Hillary Clinton's and Rudy Giuliani's positions on anything"

Hillary would appoint Ruth Bader Ginsberg

Rudy would appoint Scalia.

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2007, 02:01:00 PM »

Are you suggesting that Militant Islam isn't a major global issue we need to deal with?

No, and neither is Ron Paul. The basic idea is to stop poking them with a stick. They are as angered by American troops and foreign policy butting into their business as we would be if, say, China started using Chinese troops to to enforce some sort of economic sanctions against the U.S. The more we attempt aggressive foreign policy measures the more likely folks like Usama Bin Laden will convince people to strike against us. No, this is not a "do nothing" policy. This is a "let's not contribute to the problem" policy.

Is Bush being completely insincere, even fraudulant in indiicating why we have troops in Iraq?, in Afghanistan?

No. He probably believes the reasons he gives. That does not mean he is correct.

So... you don't have any evidence that such is Ron Paul's position, it's just your opinion that such is Ron Paul's position? Uh-huh.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2007, 02:22:27 PM »
So... you don't have any evidence that such is Ron Paul's position, it's just your opinion that such is Ron Paul's position? Uh-huh.

Uh-huh, same as your opinion that we simply want to go bully people, like some mean kid on the block staking out his territory, and just making the neighbors mad at us

Richpo64

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2007, 02:24:20 PM »
>>No. He probably believes the reasons he gives. <<

Why do you think Mr. Paul is so appealing to Nazis? I understand they contribute to his campain with their time and money. I also understand he hasn't done anything to stop it.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2007, 02:31:52 PM »

You don't have to assume anything, you can read about Ron Paul's view on terrorism: http://www.ronpaul2008.com/articles/?tag=Terrorism

Thank you, Ami     8)

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2007, 11:47:16 PM »

Why do you think Mr. Paul is so appealing to Nazis?

I am going to guess that you are referring to reports of white supremacist groups supporting Ron Paul. As I understand it, they find his stance against the IRS and expanding government to be appealing.

I understand they contribute to his campain with their time and money. I also understand he hasn't done anything to stop it.

White supremacists are not a part of Ron Paul's campaign. Yes, they have given money, and Paul has taken it. David Weigel, of Reason, spoke to folks who are a part of Ron Paul's campaign about the money.

I asked Bydlak about attention the campaign is getting from creepy white supremacists, and whether if they discovered donations from specious people they'd give them back. "If people who hold views that the candidate doesn't agree with, and they give to us, that's their loss," he said. What if the campaign keeps getting scrutiny as its coffers grow? "The scrutiny is a perfect sign of how this campaign is growing."      

As I recall, Ronald Reagan was criticized for taking campaign contributions from homosexual groups. I cannot find a quote, but I believe Reagan's response to that criticism was that he'd accept money from just about anybody willing to support him whether or not they agreed with him. Seems like a good attitude, imo.

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2007, 11:49:00 PM »

Uh-huh, same as your opinion that we simply want to go bully people, like some mean kid on the block staking out his territory, and just making the neighbors mad at us

I don't recall having said that. Feel free to point it out.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2007, 12:33:55 AM »

I don't recall having said that. Feel free to point it out.

I'm not sure why the query is denounced, when one need only scroll to the top of this thread, to see where the point was initiated by yourself..."You mean Ron Paul's position that bullying other people in other countries is bound to have negative consequences?"

The point wasn't about whether there'd be consequences to our actions in the middle east.  The point was about the supposed act of bullying, as if THAT's all we're doing.  THAT's the opinion you seem to have of Paul's position, equal to the one I presented in rebuttal

Consider your point pointed out

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2007, 12:53:22 AM »

The point wasn't about whether there'd be consequences to our actions in the middle east.

That may not have been your point, but it probably was mine.

The point was about the supposed act of bullying, as if THAT's all we're doing.

Again, I don't recall saying that.