Author Topic: SOTU  (Read 13939 times)

hnumpah

• You have another think coming. Use it.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: SOTU
« Reply #90 on: February 02, 2008, 03:51:47 PM »
Would you be happier if I picked another warmonger?
"I love WikiLeaks." - Donald Trump, October 2016

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: February 02, 2008, 04:35:06 PM »
Naaa, I think your position was already presented.  Backtracking at this point is unlikely to accomplish anything.  Perhaps had you picked ANYONE else but Hitler, you might not be in this little picklebox of yours
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: February 03, 2008, 12:06:39 AM »
What picklebox?

I'm not the paranoid one here.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: February 03, 2008, 02:52:16 AM »
LOL....."paranoid"?  Ummmmm, yea, that's it.  I'm really paranoid of............ummmmmmm........something apparently.  ooooookaaaaaay
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

The_Professor

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: February 03, 2008, 12:29:57 PM »
Would you be happier if I picked another warmonger?

Me! Pick me! I recommended nuking Afghanistan into glass!

Pick me!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 12:49:25 PM by The_Professor »
"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for western civilization as it commits suicide."
                                 -- Jerry Pournelle, Ph.D

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: February 03, 2008, 12:47:43 PM »
But you'd have to have followers who faithfully defended your actions as the right ones, even after most sensible people had seen the light and realized they were wrong.

Mussolini didn't seem to fit - does he even have defenders anymore?

Lenin? Stalin? Lenin didn't seem bloodthirsty enough, and Stalin, again, didn't seem to have very many defenders anymore.

I suppose I could have just picked someone who didn't have a propensity for violence but was just plain wrong about something important but nonlethal, who still had people jumping to his defense every time someone pointed out how wrong his view was. Or I could have gone to the other extreme and pointed out how religion has probably killed more people over the years than any other cause, and yet people still follow blindly along, but I didn't want to set off a firestorm.

Besides, I like to see Sirs get his panties in a wad. Just mention Hitler in any thread where Bush is mentioned and he gets all defensive. You don't even have to compare the two directly, just compare the blind devotion of their followers to their cause.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: February 03, 2008, 01:11:08 PM »
Mussolini didn't seem to fit - does he even have defenders anymore?

In Italy.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: February 03, 2008, 03:04:23 PM »
I like to see Sirs get his panties in a wad. Just mention Hitler in any thread where Bush is mentioned and he gets all defensive. You don't even have to compare the two directly, just compare the blind devotion of their followers to their cause.

LOL....While I love watching H's deflection efforts, when I've just applied the same thing H is always trying to apply to myself

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: February 04, 2008, 03:19:09 PM »
Clearly delusional.

You know, S, there's no use trying to honestly communicate with you. None at all. You're determined to contradict every damned thing I tell you.

Deflection efforts my ass.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: February 04, 2008, 03:22:05 PM »
Clearly delusional....You're determined to contradict every damned thing I tell you.  Deflection efforts my ass.

Naaaaa, only hilight the duplicity in many of your comments.  That's all.  No biggie, just a littlie.  Paranoid?  ROFL

hnumpah

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: February 06, 2008, 12:16:31 AM »
Well, there you go folks.

I'm a fake. A phony. A fraud. A lying, conniving son-of-a-bitch.

According to Sirs, anyway, whose fall-back position whenever he disagrees with me or doesn't like being told he's wrong is to accuse me of being somehow dishonest.

Have it any way you want it, Sirs. I have better things to do than try to convince you that I mean what I say, and say exactly what I mean.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: February 06, 2008, 12:25:25 AM »
Well, there you go folks.  I'm a fake. A phony. A fraud. A lying, conniving son-of-a-bitch.

Strange how I never said, or even implied such a hyperbolic conclusion.  But hey, misrepresenting what another person says appears to be one of your strong suits.  Go with your strengths, I guess is the moral of this thread