Author Topic: The Chub n Chief  (Read 3889 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Chub n Chief
« Reply #45 on: October 24, 2010, 05:05:10 PM »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: October 24, 2010, 05:09:51 PM »
Basicly a false syllogism.

Do we endorse false syllogisms or are we simply acknowledging that the false syllogisms exist?

Acknoledge  the false part, this begs the question about what is true.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #47 on: October 24, 2010, 05:18:48 PM »

In the case of objections to the park51 mosque, what is true?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2010, 12:28:57 PM »
The Smurfs had a much better song than these baba dee ba ba dee guys.

Someone needs to spread the word that rap is not actually music.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2010, 12:05:53 AM »

In the case of objections to the park51 mosque, what is true?

No one is willing to argue that they havent got the right to build the mosque, even Twice as big and half as far from GZ    they would have the right.

That is true.

The perception that they are callous to the feelings of Americans in general and New Yorkers in particular , that is true too.

Are they really callous ? Not necessacerily , they might instead be merely stupid.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2010, 12:58:26 AM »
Are they really callous ? Not necessacerily , they might instead be merely stupid.

Lots of stupid people in this world. And lots of people in this world to look down their noses at them.

Perhaps these Muslims just don't feel like validating the slur that all Muslims are radical Muslims.

And until I am shown that these Muslims are in fact radical Muslims, then i applaud their courage.

It takes courage to stand alone in the center ring. It takes courage to fight against the tide. And it takes certitude that your actions are within your rights, and if that is callousness so be it.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2010, 01:47:04 AM »

Lots of stupid people in this world. And lots of people in this world to look down their noses at them.

Perhaps these Muslims just don't feel like validating the slur that all Muslims are radical Muslims.

And there's the bogus assessment rearing its ugly head, yet again.........sad.  It's precisely as Plane has opined.  It's precisely what Krauthammer and many other a pundit opined.  It's precisely what I've opined.  And NONE of us have ever claimed, implied, or even hinted the notion that "all Muslims are radical Muslims".  So why this knee jerk reaction to completely toss aside precisely the accurate position that Plane has provided, and instead insert precisely what he hasn't??

And until I am shown that these Muslims are in fact radical Muslims, then i applaud their courage.

Hard to be shown that which has never been presented

It takes courage to stand alone in the center ring.

I'd opine it takes more courage to admit when one is wrong

« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 02:11:42 AM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2010, 02:08:26 AM »
Radical Muslims are all Sunnis, at least that is what Muslims claim.

The origins of radical Islam in recent times began in Egypt in the 1950's,and then was bolstered when former Saudi religious police were sent to Afghanistan to combat the Russians. Saudi Arabian are Sunnis and Wahhabbis and the Saudi government sends a lot of missionaries to both Muslim and non-Muslim countries to proselytize. There are the Saudi government- supported Wahhabbi converts as well as Talibanis who are mostly Pashtuns converted to Wahhabbism in the 1970's and 1980's

Shias do not do this: they do not send missionaries, though they do send money to Hezbollah in Lebanon to piss off the Israelis.It is pretty certain that if they were really as badass as the Israelis claimed, they would be sending materials to make much more accurate rockets.

Americans include Iranian mullahs as radical, because they are anti-Israel.

The people who want to build the Community Center in NYC at Park 51 are Sunnis of the Sufi sect. The Sufis are the mystics of Islam and have never been violent.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2010, 02:13:20 AM »
Hard to be shown that which has never been presented

My point exactly.

I'd opine it takes more courage to admit when one is wrong

Who is wrong?

You ?
The Park51 Muslims?
Pam Geller and Company?
Me?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2010, 05:37:59 AM »

It takes courage to stand alone in the center ring. It takes courage to fight against the tide. And it takes certitude that your actions are within your rights, and if that is callousness so be it.

What is radical?

I think these guys only want to spit in the eye of New York.

Is that ?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2010, 07:03:04 AM »

And here I thought all they wanted to do was build a community center and mosque. If they aren't terrorists, and it hasn't been shown that they are, how is that spitting in the eye of New York. So no that isn't radical.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 07:12:31 AM by BT »

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2010, 12:24:56 PM »

And here I thought all they wanted to do was build a community center and mosque. If they aren't terrorists, and it hasn't been shown that they are, how is that spitting in the eye of New York. So no that isn't radical.

Finally, concensus, they aren't radical or terrorists.  What they are is grossly insensitive and intolerant to America and those thousands of families who lost loved ones, at the hands of radicals/terrorists that murdered them in the name of their religion.  If all they wanted to do was to simply "build a community center & mosque", they could've have done that anywhere else.  Their choice not to demonstrates the above insensitivity and intolerance
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2010, 01:43:17 PM »
What they are is grossly insensitive and intolerant to America and those thousands of families who lost loved ones, at the hands of radicals/terrorists that murdered them in the name of their religion.

And that should apply to non radical Muslims because?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2010, 02:26:44 PM »
If you can't answer that, when it's already been answered adnauseum for you, can't help you Bt.  Suffice to say, it isn't about religious intolerance aimed at Muslims, nor trying to replace the above issue of American intolerance by muslims behind the building of this mosque with "all muslims are radicals" BS

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2010, 02:38:19 PM »
If you can't answer that, when it's already been answered adnauseum for you, can't help you Bt.  Suffice to say, it isn't about religious intolerance aimed at Muslims, nor trying to replace the above issue of American intolerance by muslims behind the building of this mosque with "all muslims are radicals" BS

Actually that is exactly what it is.

This whole nonsense about insensitivity on the part of the Park51 Muslims is nonsense, why should they be sensitive to folks who lump them in with a sub group of Islam that they have no link with.

I mean that's like saying you should sign up for the sexual offenders list because someone in your demographic is a sex offender, and by god you damn well ought to be sensitive to those who demand you sign up, no matter how illogical they are being or else you are obviously being insensitive to the victims.

BTW are you a big fan of reparations?