Author Topic: Benghazi Attack  (Read 2022 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Benghazi Attack
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2014, 01:50:01 PM »
....point being, Plane isn't trying to convince you to vote for Issa, so no reason to claim how you wouldn't.  The point is more along the lines that outside of being an evil Republican, what exactly has Issa done, that no other politician does, to produce this wrath of power hungry pricking egotist??
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2014, 11:07:37 PM »
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2014/05/30/hillary-clinton-writes-a-chapter-on-benghazi/?mod=trending_now_4
Hillary Clinton’s Benghazi strategy is to go on offense, saying that Republicans who make the September 2012 attack a political issue “minimize the sacrifice” of those who died, according to an account from her forthcoming book.

Politico obtained chapter from Mrs. Clinton’s book, “Hard Choices.” The chapter about the attack on a U.S. facility in Libya comes out a day after Mrs. Clinton met at the White House with President Barack Obama and on the morning of a meeting of allies to discuss her response to attacks on her handling of the incident. ‘

The chapter, as relayed by Politico, denounces Republicans for making the deaths of Ambassador Christopher Stevens and three other Americans stationed in Libya a political issue and defends Susan Rice who as U.N ambassador relayed the Obama administration’s talking points on Sunday shows after the incident. In the chapter, Mrs. Clinton also repeats her assertion that she never saw diplomatic cables requesting additional security at the facility.

Mrs. Clinton writes that she will not participate in any future GOP investigations of the Benghazi incident. House Republicans earlier this month formed a special committee to investigate the matter.

“I will not be a part of a political slugfest on the backs of dead Americans,” she writes, according to Politico. “It’s just plain wrong, and it’s unworthy of our great country. Those who insist on politicizing the tragedy will have to do so without me.”

And Mrs. Clinton again – as she did in an excerpt from the book’s introduction released earlier this week – writes about her frustration with established Washington political convention. This time it is to bemoan the place of Sunday morning talk shows as the proper forum for debating key issues.

Mrs. Clinton wonders why, according to Politico, people “fixate on the question of why I didn’t go on TV that morning, as if appearing on a talk show is the equivalent of jury duty, where one has to have a compelling reason to get out of it. I don’t see appearing on Sunday-morning television as any more of a responsibility than appearing on late-night TV. Only in Washington is the definition of talking to Americans confined to 9 A.M. on Sunday mornings.”

In all, there is little unexpected in Mrs. Clinton’s account. She defends herself as she has before, and again blames Republicans for politicizing the incident. But devoting a chapter to Benghazi in what amounts to a presidential campaign rollout memoir is an acknowledgement that it will not go away.

Get more on the 2016 presidential race,  first thing in the morning, by signing up for the Capital Journal Daybreak newsletter: on.wsj.com/CapitalJournalSignup

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2014, 01:06:02 AM »
In other words, don't judge me on my competence to be commander and chief.  Judge me by how well I can parse the word "is"
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2014, 08:11:03 AM »
Why not just judge you on your ability to spell "Reagan"?

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2014, 12:20:35 PM »
And that has what to do with the price of tea in China??     ::)   

Senator McCaskil yesterday, when question as to what Hilary's qualifications to be this country's president, literally cited how much she had traveled as her big resume show stopper.  And that she was tireless in her traveling....WOW......courtesy of course of her appointment to a position that requires her to travel, and at tax payer's expense to boot. 

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2014, 10:38:39 PM »
http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2014/05/30/hillary-clinton-writes-a-chapter-on-benghazi/?mod=trending_now_4
Hillary Clinton’s Benghazi strategy is to go on offense, saying that Republicans who make the September 2012 attack a political issue “minimize the sacrifice” of those who died, according to an account from her forthcoming book.

This puts me in mind of that proverbial guy who was accused of murdering his parents, and asks for mercy on account of being recently orphaned.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2014, 12:50:45 AM »
Yep.....give that man another Bingo

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: June 03, 2014, 11:25:21 AM »
Hillary hating returns.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: June 03, 2014, 07:51:53 PM »
Hillary hating returns.

I have never been fond of her.

Remember her quip about the "vast right wing conspiracy"?

I really think she speaks as an officer of the vast left wing conspiracy.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2014, 01:19:28 PM »
There is now and has been a vast right wing conspiracy beginning when GE and the National Chamber of Commerce hired Reagan as a propagandist. It has been grtowing ever since, and has done a lot to wreck this country.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2014, 01:39:01 PM »
Nothing even remotely close to what the Democrat party has done, in that regard...Obamination Care being the cherry on top

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2014, 10:09:26 PM »
There is now and has been a vast right wing conspiracy beginning when GE and the National Chamber of Commerce hired Reagan as a propagandist. It has been grtowing ever since, and has done a lot to wreck this country.

The" Right Wing Conspiracy"  AKA The American People?

Please point to what you think is wrecked?

I blame a lot of new problems on progressive changes, for instance for the last twenty five years the US military services have been treated as a social experiment, so much so that commanders give up their careers to object or posit that there is any downside to progressive changes.,..
     So it isn't admittable that the drastic increase in the suicide rate has anything to do with progressive social changes to the military , it is only a coincidence that the rate went from half the rate of the public at large to double the rate of the public at large over this same period.

So what anti -progressive change has been made in the last eight years , which has in your estimation , "wrecked " something?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2014, 03:56:15 PM »
The Savings and Loan Companies have been eliminated, as have neighborhood banks. Payday lenders can now charge up to 24% a month. The middle class is vanishing. The family farms have been replaced by agro business. The top 1/10% of 1% control something like 25% of all the wealth. Corporations can bribe politicians with as much in campaign contributions and do not even have to divulge who gave what and how much.  The Corporate share of taxes has been reduced by way over 50%. Infomercials pollute our publicly owned airwaves.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2014, 06:27:24 PM »
Most of this is due to progressive policies too.

The Death tax is death on small scale farms and small to medium business.

High tax rates makes the economy more fragile.

I wonder what conservative policy  you think was responsible for the Savings and Loan problem? I don't know that one.

Generally a lot of regulation and a lot of taxes are no problem to big companies  , where hiring  more accountants is not a big deal and lawyers are on staff.

Agribusiness benefits from regulations that are difficult for individuals to keep up with and taxes that are ruin on small scale operations and agricultural subsidies that are tough for the small operator to qualify for , generally more government involvement causes a competitive disadvantage for the small operator.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2014, 12:26:24 AM »
The Savings and loans went down because of poor enforcement of regulations. Reagan fired the enforcers and the regulations ceased to be enforced.
Reagan's administration was a fucking disaster from start to finish.

Reagan's dingbat Secretary of the Interior Watt allowed out national forests to be clear cut as well. Fly over Oregon, Washington, and Idaho and you will see only a fringe of trees along the highways, behind which the woods were clear cut and replanted with non diverse quick growing trees. Wat was a born-again loser who counted on Jesus coming soon and therefore raping the environment was just fine, since it would not be needed anyway.