Author Topic: Cantor is evicted by Teasie  (Read 855 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Cantor is evicted by Teasie
« on: June 11, 2014, 01:06:28 PM »

I taught at that very same Randolph-Macon College in the early 1970's for three years, after which I got pushed out in a tenure crush: they did not want to have two Spanish professors with tenure. They didn't tell me this when I took the job. RMC has a very rigid Board of Directors. I also, of course, lived in the same District and I think I have a handle on what really happened: Cantor was unable to get an adequate turnout, and the small munber fo people who actually voted are the FFV types (First Families of Virginia) types, and they did not like Cantor because Cantor is a Jew. Cantor does not have the typical Old White Guy Hanover County accent, and he was defeated by old farts who figure, probably correctly that Professor Brat was a Wasp who was more likely to keep the Mexicans out. The ruling class in VA is a very racist bunch of old White folks and at the time I taught at RMC, I was married to my first wife, who was Mexican, and did we ever get dirty looks when we spoke Spanish in public anywhere in Hanover County. Before that, I taught at WVWC in Buckhannon, WV, and I recall some old miner pulled me aside in the landromat and asked me, "Excuse, me, but what race is your wife?" In Virginia, there was more dislike of foreigners than the ignorance we found in WV. Of course, that was 40 years ago, but Virginia is a very traditional state. I also noticed that voter turnout there was low-- so low that I was usually outnumbered by the two or three poll workers (who were always elderly White women).

Of all the states I have lived in MO, KS, IA, NM,TX, WA, MD, VA and FL, Virginia was the worst governed of them all: the police were known for setting up speed traps, they taxed drugs and groceries, the DMV was run by the most sluggish of fools, and the legislature was stuffed with rednecks and phony aristocrats.

I do not know anything about Prof. Brat (what a name). He came there long after I had left for sunnier climes.
        If Brat wins, he will have none of the power than Cantor has now, he will probably just warm a chair and vote NO on everything. That is what teasies tend to do. But he might also LOSE to a Democrat.

It can be called a victory for the Democrats either way: Cantor had seniority, important committee assignments and a lot of pull with the Country Club type old line Republicans in the House. If Brat is elected, he will have none of those things. If he is defeated, the Democrat who beats him will probably be a populist.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
Re: Cantor is evicted by Teasie
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 01:09:50 PM »
they did not like Cantor because Cantor is a Jew.

LOL....doesn't take seconds to bring out the race card.
Hilarious....
They elect the "Jew" to 7 terms....
But when he loses...."well it must be antisemitism"
The key is to not listen to this garbage....
and be as ruthless as the race-baiting Left!
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 01:32:08 PM »
He was unopposed for many of those primaries.
Turnover was very light and the teasie Wasps had someone to vote for.

Folks in Hanover County do not like Jews, Yankies, Mexicans or Blacks much.
They aren't too fond of Catholics, either, as I recall. I was asked a number of times how I got a job at RMC, being a Catholic.
I told them I wasn't. They said "that wife of yours, she;s a Mexican, ain't she?"

I used to live there. Did you?
Go find out for yourself.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 01:37:28 PM »
He was unopposed for many of those primaries.
Turnover was very light and the teasie Wasps had someone to vote for. Folks in Hanover County do not like Jews, Yankies, Mexicans or Blacks much I used to live there. Did you?

They elected a Jew for 7 terms but they are Jew Haters!
Ha Ha....the non-nonsensical garbage the Left spews to spin their race-baiting is hilarious.

"Have You"?
I have not jumped off the top of the Empire Central Building,
But I can certainly comment with confidence about the consequences if one does.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 01:46:18 PM »
I did not say they were Jew haters. I did not even say that most of those who voted for Brat were Jew haters.

I said that enough of them mistrusted Cantor, a Jew, to be adequately anti-immigrant that they did not trust him. And they were probably right. Immigration, they say, was the main topic of discussion. Hanover Countians do not want large numbers of Mexicans around. Remember, I was married to a Mexican wife at the time. She worked as a hostess at the Holiday Inn there, where the local fatcats came for their morning coffee.

I did not saw Jew hater, I said the mistrusted Jews to vote the way that Wasps like themselves would vote.

What else to teabaggers like to do? They like to say no. They like to sabotage the Yankee establishment Republicans. The turnout was tiny, so they did not need to get out a lot of votes.

You should be bright enough to figure out the nuances here, Christians.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2014, 09:25:20 PM »
I did not say they were Jew haters.

Oh ok....you said they do not like Jews....obviously code word for anti-Semitic.
I know the game you are playing....but it makes no logical sense.
You say they don't like Jews but they elected him to 7 terms!
Seven freakin terms.....some "dislike".....lol

Folks in Hanover County do not like Jews, Yankies, Mexicans or Blacks much.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2014, 11:10:58 PM »
What I really like is that the looser outspent the winner 40 to one.

Oh yes!

Perhaps the big momentum will be for a "throw the bums out " election!

There are plenty of incumbents who don't need to be.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 02:38:09 PM »
Cantor was perceived as an outsider. He attacked Brat as a "liberal college professor". Brat was not a liberal. People knew that this was a false accusation and after all, no one likes Congress these days, because all they do is attack one another and play at being the bigger asshole.
Hispanics are less than 5% of the population, so there is no real Hispanic vote in the district.