Author Topic: The Melting Pot  (Read 9749 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Melting Pot
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2007, 06:23:26 PM »

You are participateing volentarily , I consider you to be generous , in that you expound on your thinking in a real effort to make it clear.

Okay. Thank you. I apologize for misunderstanding.

You have a right to call a halt to further clarifacation at any time , this is a volentary effort you are already generous with.

I am very seriously considering that option.

I thought you had already invoked that option?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2007, 06:24:18 PM »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2007, 07:35:22 PM »

I am not debating, nor am i arguing, i am simply trying to discuss.

The frak you are.

Your perception is not necessarily reality. Nor are my questions judgmental. I don't have a clue where you came up with that.

Universe Prince

• Of course liberty isn't safe; but it is good.
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: August 17, 2007, 06:27:55 AM »

Your perception is not necessarily reality.

I might be more convinced you are attempting to discuss if you were to, oh, say, explain your own position.

Nor are my questions judgmental. I don't have a clue where you came up with that.

Perhaps I was wrong on that, though I get a definite sense of you approaching the exchange from a position that I don't know what I'm talking about. Like when you say things such as, "Or are you saying the needs and focus of urban-Americans is not different than that of rural-americans." As if some how that I claim diversity is not division means that I think everyone has the same needs and the same general focus. You might as well be saying that I think 'different' means 'similar'. Of course I don't mean that. Who would? Granted, I am no genius, not a professional political analyst, and haven't memorized the dictionary, but you might give me some credit for knowing the meaning of the words I use. That is, if you really want to discuss this topic.

I don't mind questions. I don't mind questions for clarification or challenging questions. What I mind are questions that are seem to be intended to imply that I mean something I did not say or that I mean something obviously ignorant, like that "the needs and focus of urban-Americans is not different than that of rural-americans." I'm not sure why you would think someone would not find that kind of question judgmental. Judgmental questions may have a place, but you're seem to lay them on thick for a guy who is neither debating nor arguing, and simply trying to discuss.
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: August 17, 2007, 06:36:50 AM »

That there is a conflict now between urban , suburban and rural Americans can be supported with availible data that seems to reveil a truth , the reasons for this conflict seem worthy of discussion to me.\

What is the data?
Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash and I'm delighted to say that I have no grasp of it whatsoever.
--Hieronymus Karl Frederick Baron von Munchausen ("The Adventures of Baron Munchausen" [1988])--

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: August 18, 2007, 04:53:25 AM »

That there is a conflict now between urban , suburban and rural Americans can be supported with availible data that seems to reveil a truth , the reasons for this conflict seem worthy of discussion to me.\

What is the data?

I may be possible to create a formula that accurately predicts how likely you are to vote Republican or Democrat  useing very few parimeters of measurement and the greatest factor that is evident, is distance between neighbors.

http://usinfo.state.gov/journals/itsv/1204/ijse/wolfe.htm

http://www-personal.umich.edu/~mejn/election/

« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 04:57:07 AM by Plane »

Universe Prince

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: August 18, 2007, 06:52:10 AM »
Okay, so now you've proven that lots of people vote either Democratic or Republican, and you've posted a link to an article that seems to basically say that even with all the diversity in the U.S., E Pluribus Unum still applies, which is also basically what I said. (Though the author of the article and I got there by, I think, somewhat different routes.) So now what?