Author Topic: "He had not lied"  (Read 1438 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
"He had not lied"
« on: June 16, 2011, 12:01:24 PM »
....so concluded Xo

------------------------------------------------

Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.)  will resign from his seat in Congress, heeding calls from President Barack Obama, House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio), House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) and dozens of other congressional Democrats, sources confirm to POLITICO.  The resignation ends nearly three weeks of tumultuous political controversy since the New York congressman sent a lewd picture of himself over Twitter which he claimed at first was a result of a hack, and later admitted he had sent himself.

Weiner is expected to make his resignation official at an event at 2 pm, though it wasn?t immediately clear where.

According to two sources, Weiner made up his mind to resign Wednesday night, and shortly after began making calls to inform them of his decision.

Weiner and DCCC chair Steve Israel ? who had also called for his resignation ? were in touch by phone and e-mail throughout the day on Wednesday. It was during a phone conversation toward the tail end of the White House picnic on Wednesday night when Weiner told Israel he would resign, according to a Democratic aide. Israel gave Pelosi his phone so she could get word from Weiner firsthand.

House Democrats were set to strip Weiner of his committee assignments on Thursday morning, though they were not officially informed before a meeting in the Capitol Thursday morning with a White House liaison. But the news spread quickly following media reports.

Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-Fla.), who chairs the Democratic National Committee, said she had no comment about the resignation and only knew what she read on her BlackBerry.

Rep. Jerry Nadler, a fellow New York City Democrat, told Politico ?It?s very sad, the whole thing is very sad. It?s a tragedy and I wish him well, what else can I say??

Rep. Nita Lowey, one of the more senior New York Democrats, told Politico ?There?s life after Congress. I hope that he spends his time devoted to his wonderful wife Huma and I wish him good luck.?

Nadler and Lowey both shrugged when asked about his political future in New York.

Rep. Lacy Clay (D-Mo.) called Weiner a ?die-hard member of our caucus. And I hope he gets needed help.?

?Sad,? Clay said of his feelings about the situation. ?The entire situation is sad.?

A handful of TV crews remained outside of Weiner?s office in the Rayburn Building on Thursday, where they have been camped out since the Twitter scandal broke. Some passers-by snickered or used their smartphones to photograph themselves in front of Weiner?s hallway name plate before it?s removed.

Democrats walking by had little to say about the resignation, other than expressing hope that Weiner?s departure will help them get back to their message of jobs, the economy and protecting Medicare.

?Clearly he?s made his decision, and his decision speaks for itself,? Rep. Barbara Lee (D-Calif.), chairwoman of the Congressional Black Caucus, told POLITICO.

Weiner?s resignation comes after his wife Huma Abedin, an aide to Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, returned from a week-long trip to Africa with her boss. Weiner had said he would wait until Abedin returned before making a final decision on his plans. She returned home early Wednesday.

The resignation caps an almost three-week frenzy that began when a photo of a man?s crotch was posted publicly on his Twitter account. For a week, he claimed he had been ?hacked,? but at a tear-filled press conference last week he admitted that he had intended to send the photo to a Seattle college student and that he had sent that and other racy photos to at least six women over the last three years. More photos have since become public, including one of his naked genitals and others of him posing in the House gym.

Weiner, a protege of Sen. Chuck Schumer, was a major presence on cable news in recent years and a growing force in local politics back home in New York. He made a surprisingly strong run for New York City mayor in 2005, was seen as the prohibitive frontrunner going into the 2013 race, with high name recognition and $4 million already in the bank from an aborted 2009 run.

In a special election for the seat, which includes parts of Brooklyn and Queens, the Democratic and Republican nominees would be picked in a closed process by party leadership. For the Democrats, this would give most of the power to Rep. Joe Crowley, who heads the Queens Democratic Party. Assemblyman Rory Lancman is seen as one likely choice for the seat. For the Republicans, speculation has centered on City Councilman Eric Ulrich, though Bob Turner, a self-funded candidate who challenged Weiner in 2010, has also signaled his interest.

Article
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: "He had not lied"
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 12:06:03 PM »
At the time he said that, it appeared that he was speaking the truth.

He has a perfect right to resign.

Maybe his replacement will be a less gung-ho Zionist.

And, of yes, get hosed, sirs.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 12:43:56 PM »
At the time he said that, it appeared that he was speaking the truth.

based on.....WHAT?  He had a (D) after his name?  He was an uber liberal?

And, of yes, get hosed, sirs.

You sure have a fetish for hoses.  My suggestion....don't take any pics of yourself and them, then try to twitter them, to anyone    :o
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 12:59:10 PM »
I wonder what the Democrat Party paid the Weiner to get lost?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 01:50:44 PM »
now that we get rid of his sorry ass from the US Congress
i feel sorry for his wife having to deal with that sick lying loser
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 02:48:12 PM »
He needs some sort of help, it is true.

I doubt that his fetishes played any part in his voting or legislating duties.

I think I will let him and his wife work it all out between themselves.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 03:24:20 PM »

Given your current track of proclamations based on nothing more than what you "appeared" to see, doesn't bode well for your latest claim.

Not to mention, the fetishes in question were the ones you were apparently having with hoses

What?.....no mandated government intervention??  I mean, if it can help just 1 person, isn't it worth it??     ;)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 04:48:55 PM »

Well, let me put it into something normal people understand. If he treats his wife, unborn baby, and family like shit as his constituent I'd worry how he'd treat me and I'm not even his family.

And how sweet it was when he threw his parents under the bus saying (in his narcissistic quitter speech) that he thanked his parents for his values. Boy what a set of parents he has!

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 04:52:45 PM »
I am glad he resigned.
But I do not agree at all with heckling at his resignation speech.
The man is disgraced...he let down his family, friends, and supporters.
That should be enough.
No need to scream insults while the man apologizes and resigns.
Thats just my opinion.

Weiner Says He's Resigning, Apologizes for Scandal
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 05:26:29 PM »
As I've said from the beginning....it's all about the cover-up.  I seriously wonder if there'd be near the ruckus & debacle that there's been, had he not pulled the initial Clintonesque "I did not have sexting relations with those women.  I never told anybody to lie, not a single time ? never.  These allegations are false, as my account was hacked.  And I need to go back to work for the American people."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 11:46:00 PM »
Mr. Weiner:

After having learned of your sudden and compelled resignation from your Congressional post, I would like to make you an offer of employment at Flynt Management Group, LLC in our Internet group. As a Congressman, you are known for your intensity and perseverance. I believe that this attitude, combined with your service in the House of Representatives' Committee on Energy and Commerce, will make you a valuable asset to this corporation.

This offer is not made in jest. To show our sincerity, Flynt Management Group, LLC is willing to pay twenty percent more than your former Congressional salary, ensuring that your medical benefits would be equal to what you were previously receiving. While you will have to relocate to our corporate offices in Beverly Hills, California, we would pay for all relocation costs.

Again, I cannot emphasize enough the genuineness of this offer. We are a serious corporation which, as you know, has been heavily involved in the political environment of this country for over thirty-five years. Our key missions have consistently included the crucial fight of battling hypocrisy within the federal and state governments. Flynt Management Group, LLC and Hustler Magazine have been dedicated to decades of serious political commentary. Just as we do not undertake insincere political crusades, we do not make insincere job offers.

While this employment opportunity is being offered in large part due to your qualifications and clear passion for making a change, I feel that your unfortunate resignation is a prime example of unfounded political pressure and the hypocrisy that has invaded democracy in Washington D.C. I hope you will sincerely consider this offer, and I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

Larry C. Flynt

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/larry-flynt/anthony-weiner-resigning-_b_878667.html

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 12:20:27 AM »
If i had been in attendance, i would not have heckled this guy. He was dumb, but I imagine that he has been chastised enpough to pay for his deeds.
I am not sure what he would be doing for Larry Flynt.

I doubt that he will really suffer financially. I bet he gets his pension from Congress.

BSB

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2011, 01:35:18 AM »
Mark Foley

Ted Haggard

Larry Craig

Bob Allen

Glenn Murphy Jr.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2011, 01:59:56 AM »
Mark Foley

Ted Haggard

Larry Craig

Bob Allen

Glenn Murphy Jr.

Bill Clinton
Barney Frank
Ted Kennedy
John Edwards
JFK
Weiner
Gary Condit
Elliot Spitzer
Jesse Jackson

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2011, 02:48:44 AM »
Mark Foley

Ted Haggard

Larry Craig

Bob Allen

Glenn Murphy Jr.

And...........................?  Was there a point anywhere to be deemed?