Author Topic: Liberal gets a taste of his own medicine - and I luv it  (Read 776 times)

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Liberal gets a taste of his own medicine - and I luv it
« on: June 16, 2011, 10:31:44 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110617/ap_on_en_mu/us_malibu_development;_ylt=AknZpXzrIU_gck_d9ppxRlms0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTNwampzYTkxBGFzc2V0A2FwLzIwMTEwNjE3L3VzX21hbGlidV9kZXZlbG9wbWVudARjY29kZQNtb3N0cG9wdWxhcgRjcG9zAzQEcG9zAzEEcHQDaG9tZV9jb2tlBHNlYwN5bl9oZWFkbGluZV9saXN0BHNsawNjb2FzdGFsYWdlbmM-

OS ANGELES – Despite promises by U2 guitarist The Edge that it would be one of the greenest developments in the world, California's coastal development agency rejected a proposal for five mansions overlooking Malibu citing concerns that it would irrevocably damage the environment.

On Thursday, staff told the California Coastal Commission that approving such a project would set a precedent and invite other large developments to rugged, environmentally sensitive locations. Commissioners voted 8-to-4 against the project.

The proposal led by the musician, whose real name is David Evans, called for five multilevel homes of up to 12,785 square feet to be built on 156 acres in the Santa Monica Mountains. Project designers said the homes would have the top green building certifications but critics called the project destructive.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Liberal gets a taste of his own medicine - and I luv it
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 10:49:08 PM »
He should build in Georgia.

U2

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 10:51:21 PM »
He should build in Georgia.

U2

I don't think he's into your kind of diversity.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 12:30:18 AM »
I could really care less about where a rock star builds his mansion.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

BSB

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 12:32:34 AM »
Imagine having your mind so thoroughly controlled by habitual thinking that you couldn't post without referencing either a liberal, or a black, or some other grouping, in a prejudicial manner? Than imagine that happening here in America where our intellectual freedoms are at the very core of our existence? These kinds of habitually controlled minds are the main existential threat we face today. Kramer is exhibit A. Fortunately though, as with Israel, the math doesn't favor the Kramers.

BSB

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 02:02:42 AM »
Imagine having your mind so thoroughly controlled by habitual thinking that you couldn't post without referencing either a liberal, or a black, or some other grouping, in a prejudicial manner? Than imagine that happening here in America where our intellectual freedoms are at the very core of our existence? These kinds of habitually controlled minds are the main existential threat we face today. Kramer is exhibit A. Fortunately though, as with Israel, the math doesn't favor the Kramers.

BSB

how is your Lexus running?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 11:28:17 AM »
What a Lexus has to do with this is anyone's guess, but you are right about Kramer. I don't care one way or another where any rich dude builds his mansion in Malibu. If there were no mansions in Malibu or even no Malibu at all, I could easily live with that. Let the Malibu regional zoning board deal with this, I do not care.

It is sick when anyone sees everything anyone does in stark polarized political terms like this. A "Liberal" building a mansion is no different than a "Conservative" building a mansion: it is like the clothes people wear, nothing but a personal choice. To Kramer it is like a childish obsession over sports teams or pro wrestlers. It is just infantile.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."