Author Topic: "I don't know what the gun would have done"  (Read 3954 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
"I don't know what the gun would have done"
« on: December 17, 2012, 02:48:54 PM »
How ironic...there are are dumb statements, and then there are stupid statements, and Bloomberg managed to include both phrases in 1 sentence.  Stunning

Bloomberg was asked by a reporter to respond to Rep. Louie Gohmert's comments over the weekend that he wished the principal of the school, who died trying to take down shooter Adam Lanza, had a gun. Bloomberg responded by saying, "There are dumb statements and then there are stupid statements.....I don't know what the gun would have done."

How about that a gun could have STOPPED every adult and child murdered last week in Conn.  The staggering level of ignorance regarding guns, that comes from the left, any time one of these tragedies occurs, is truely mindboggling
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: "I don't know what the gun would have done"
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 03:16:55 PM »
Get serious!

The principal did not know that this guy was walking into the school with an assault rifle. She would have been aware of this only when she heard the first shots.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 04:03:08 PM »
A) no when said she did know
B) it was NOT an assault rifle
C) An armed security guard was far more likely to have seen him, dressed as he was, and prevented even the 1st shot.  THAT's what a gun could have done

By the way, who was the 1st person(s) shot?  You're positive it wasn't the principal?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 06:21:36 PM »
If it wasn't an assault rifle, what the Hell was it?

Of course the principal did not fire the first shot. That is bull-goose looney.

Should you go for a stroll with Mayor Bloomberg, notice that he is the one who gets to wear the "I'm with Stupid" t-shirt.

There in NO WAY they are going to put an armed security guard in every public school in this country.

The problem is guns. Crazy people with guns,and so many guns that every crazy person can get one.

I am for adding a tax on ammo. Say a $10 per bullet tax, and a $1000 tax on those huge clips for ammo.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 07:17:58 PM »
define assault rifle, that is really kinda tough

Should you go for a stroll with Mayor Bloomberg, notice that he is the one who gets to wear the "I'm with Stupid" t-shirt.

There in NO WAY they are going to put an armed security guard in every public school in this country.

The problem is guns. Crazy people with guns,and so many guns that every crazy person can get one.

I am for adding a tax on ammo. Say a $10 per bullet tax, and a $1000 tax on those huge clips for ammo.

The first shots were apparently into the glass of the door to gain access by breaking in, a tougher door might have helped .

If there were a firearm of any sort at all available to the staff there would have been some chance of fighting successfully other than zero.

The principal was valiant and attempted to tackle the guy , I would have liked it fine if she had succeeded , even if this had ment that she was armed and shot at him instead of jumping at him barehanded.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 07:45:29 PM »

I'd sure like to see, but it sure as hell wasn't an assault rifle, unless the mom had some arrangement with the Government for being licsened to have one.  Assault rifles are already largely illegal

Who said she did??   :o    I asked if she was shot 1st.

Why not.  Are the children & their safety not that important??

The problem is guns.

The problem is the people who use guns to hurt/kill, NOT the guns themselves, not to mention those who are ignorant of how guns are used

Which again hits the law abiding FAR more seriously than any criminal who can just steal what he wants.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 08:40:02 PM by sirs »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 10:44:53 PM »
I have noted that the ammo is under lock and key in every store where I have seen it, just like the prescription drugs, the expensive jewelry and the cigarettes. It would be hard to steal as it is now, and far harder if it cost $10 for one bullet.

I think I would make blanks exempt. My neighbor likes to use his pistol as a noisemaker, and blanks are a lot safer. When one is outside of a sixpack, one might shoot exactly straight up, and a bullet might then come straight down.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 10:56:00 PM »
I have noted that the ammo is under lock and key in every store where I have seen it, just like the prescription drugs, the expensive jewelry and the cigarettes. It would be hard to steal as it is now, and far harder if it cost $10 for one bullet.

I have found many a shop, where they are not.  But that's beside the point...that's why bad guys are bad.  They're not going to worry so much about some increased tax, if they're stealing it, nor is it going to stop them from even purchasing what they need to perform their 1time suicide run.  Your tax hurts the law abiding far more, since they're the ones that generally abide by the law, and if they're responsible gun owners, they're also practicing in the local shooting range, or the woods, requiring the need to buy more ammo.  You're just trying to create an atmosphere of increasing difficulty for the law abiding

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 11:44:42 PM »
That is a starter. These people are insane, anyway.
If you make it very expensive and hard for everyone, you make it harder for the guilty as well.

There is no way that they are going to put an armed guard in every school.
 That would cost too much and would be minimally effective.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 01:44:23 AM by Xavier_Onassis »

BSB

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 12:02:34 AM »
Yeah, lets have armed security guards at every elementary school. Maybe they can hand out survivalist paraphernalia while they're at it. Or, gee, maybe we can stop feeding the gun-nut mentality, and act more responsibly where it comes to firearms. I know that's a novel idea.

BSB 

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 12:22:55 AM »
It's maybe on the armed guard. Depending on the shooter it's likely the guard would be shot first.

Pretty much for me all armed guard scenerio would be to shoot anybody i know is armed. Remember it takes massive amount of practice time get most armed people to respnd properly to a threat. It very likely a elementary school guard will have a slow enough reaction to get killed. Just saying make sure the guard is better trained has very little meaning since such training would likely mean he should work elsewhere.

BSB

« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 12:35:34 AM »
"Remember it takes massive amount of practice time get most armed people to respnd properly to a threat. ..........................................................Just saying make sure the guard is better trained has very little meaning since such training would likely mean he should work elsewhere. "

Ah huh, like with the Secret Service or Delta.

BSB

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2012, 12:37:30 AM »
It's maybe on the armed guard. Depending on the shooter it's likely the guard would be shot first.
Kimba....I think it will happen...we have armed guards in banks. (many times off-duty cops)
why not schools?....I betcha it happens.

San Antonio Security Guard Shoots
Would-Be Massacre Suspect Four Times

17 Dec 2012 

A would-be shooter in San Antonio, Texas, was stopped yesterday by an off-duty police officer working as a security guard at a movie theater. The off-duty police officer shot the suspect.

The shooting suspect, Jesus Manuel Garcia, 19, opened fire at a restaurant in a mall in San Antonio. His former girlfriend worked at the restaurant, and he had worked there as well. Garcia apparently chased employees out of the restaurant, then began shooting at a police car outside. When he ran to the Santikos Mayan Palace Movie Theater, he was quickly shot four times by a security officer. According to Louis Antu of the Bexar County Sheriff's Office, the deputy saved "a lot of lives."

This is the third shooting attempt in a populated area in a week stopped by another gun-owner or security guard. In an Oregon last week, Jacob Tyler Roberts opened fire at a mall, killing two people and wounding another, before a conceal and carry permit holder pulled a gun. Roberts then killed himself. A shooting attempt at Fashion Island in Southern California was foiled when bicycle officers on scene stopped the suspect and arrested him.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/12/17/Security-guard-stops-theater-shooting
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2012, 01:00:00 AM »
Note "off-duty officers"
bank guards can alo be college kids just making tuition. Also i know of several banks with armed guards that often get robbed anyway.

The sheer volume of schools which most truely don't need is huge and will be hardpressed to get experinced guards away from banks or armoured truck, factory complex,concierge security.

As a school i hope they do a thorough background check on security guard and not just use recemondations. You"ll be surprise how many should not be around children

BSB

« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2012, 02:40:57 AM »
Boy, CU, you're really into the dooms day stuff. Armed security guards at elementary schools, survivalist gear and food, Iran is going to attack Israel, etc., etc. Chill out dude.

BSB