Author Topic: "I want to know who it is... and if the person has violated law,...  (Read 7435 times)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: "I want to know who it is... and if the person has violated law,...
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2008, 08:21:24 PM »
Also regardless of this, Dick Cheney outing her, by whatever means it was done,

The means here being apparently Cheney taking over Armitage's body & mouth, and running it without Armitage aware of the devious act.   I wonder what device or curse he could have used.   hmmmmm

--------------------------No, it means that Armitage might have inadvertantly have mentioned it in passing, but Cheney deliberately had it broadcast so that the press would pick it up ,and Plame's career would be ruined, because that is the sort of chickenshit he is.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2008, 08:37:47 PM »
Also regardless of this, Dick Cheney outing her, by whatever means it was done,

The means here being apparently Cheney taking over Armitage's body & mouth, and running it without Armitage aware of the devious act.   I wonder what device or curse he could have used.   hmmmmm--------------------------

No, it means that Armitage might have inadvertantly have mentioned it in passing, but Cheney deliberately had it broadcast so that the press would pick it up ,and Plame's career would be ruined, because that is the sort of chickenshit he is.

"Might have"??...."Inadvertantly"??...."in passing"??  and you know this to be true based on....?  While you apparently know for a fact that Cheney "deliberately had it broadcast".  And this would be based on .............. ?? .................. You'll provide us with that source of fact as well, right, Xo?  Cheney couldn't have possibly "inadvertantly mentioned it"       ::)     The levels of desperation some folks will go to

Bottom line is that Armitage was the source, that fact is known.  If Plame were covert, he'd be singing the prosecutorial blues, as the statutes that Ami provided demonstrate the repercussions for outing a covert agent, whether purposely or "inadvertantly".  He's not, because she's not covert at the time of Armitage's "mentioning it in passing"
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: July 18, 2008, 10:39:54 PM »
<< . . . because she's not covert at the time of Armitage's "mentioning it in passing">>

Which, unfortunately, has yet to be demonstrated to those of us actually following this thread and actually reading the statutes produced by Ami.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: July 18, 2008, 10:42:16 PM »
How can anyone just sit there and not recognize that Dick Cheney is not a chickenshit?

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: July 18, 2008, 10:44:55 PM »
<<How can anyone just sit there and not recognize that Dick Cheney is not a chickenshit?>>

They can't see it because they're distracted - - by all the things that make him so much worse than a mere chickenshit.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2008, 11:20:26 PM »
<< . . . because she's not covert at the time of Armitage's "mentioning it in passing">>

Which, unfortunately, has yet to be demonstrated to those of us actually following this thread and actually reading the statutes produced by Ami.

Which unfortunately has, by the fact that Fitzgerald's investigation is complete, and Armitage isn't behind bars.  That's simply being ignored by some of those "actually following this thread & actually reading the statutes produced by Ami"
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2008, 08:49:33 AM »
I wonder how hard it would be for an agent of another government to place a person or camera near the parking lot of the CIA building?

There is an apartment building near the entrance. I'm sure that several of the apartments are rented to foreign intelligence operatives. There are also a number of private homes, and you can see it from the Potomac.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2008, 12:18:38 PM »
<<Which [that Plame was not a covert agent when outed] unfortunately has [been demonstrated] by the fact that Fitzgerald's investigation is complete, and Armitage isn't behind bars. >>

I see.  And this is inconsistent with a whitewash how, exactly?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2008, 12:25:22 PM »
Because you have no PROOF what-so-ever, outside of a preconceived opinion that she HAD to be covert, so anything that doesn't support that opinion, equates to YOUR perceived whitewash.  It's pretty much consistent with all your other unsubstantiated claims of whitewashing, regarding the Investigations into go to war, the investigations that cleared the administration of any intel manipulation.  Anything & everything that doesn't agree with your already made up mind of what "is" is, is by design a whitewash.

Kinda analogus to your frequent use in the lack of evidence/proof supposedly equals evidence/proof. 
« Last Edit: July 19, 2008, 12:31:56 PM by sirs »

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2008, 12:37:17 PM »
<<Because you have no PROOF what-so-ever, outside of a preconceived opinion that she HAD to be covert, so anything that doesn't support that opinion, equates to YOUR perceived whitewash. >>

Once again, and not surprisingly, a complete misperception of my argument.  A supposedly "exhaustive" investigation, which omits crucial (but publicly available) information which would have settled the issue either way once and for all; plus a challenge, presently unfulfilled, to find the statute or executive order that must have once designated information regarding Plame's employment as requiring special protection (since all seem to admit she once was a covert agent), or to prove that someone who knows how to search for such things has searched and found none, and, lastly, the absence of any denial from Fitzgerald, the "exhaustive" investigator, that any such statute or Executive Order exists.

That is not conclusive proof that there was a whitewash or that Plame was or was not covert when outed, but it DOES raise a very strong, very legitimate suspicion of whitewash.

YOUR last argument (that since Fitzgerald completed an "exhaustive" investigation and did not indict) is simply ludicrous, since it is equally consistent with whitewash or with no case.  A high school student could have seen through that one.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2008, 12:47:33 PM »
<<Because you have no PROOF what-so-ever, outside of a preconceived opinion that she HAD to be covert, so anything that doesn't support that opinion, equates to YOUR perceived whitewash. >>

A supposedly "exhaustive" investigation, which omits crucial (but publicly available) information which would have settled the issue either way once and for all; plus a challenge, presently unfulfilled, to find the statute or executive order that must have once designated information regarding Plame's employment as requiring special protection (since all seem to admit she once was a covert agent), or to prove that someone who knows how to search for such things has searched and found none, and, lastly, the absence of any denial from Fitzgerald, the "exhaustive" investigator, that any such statute or Executive Order exists.  That is not conclusive proof that there was a whitewash or that Plame was or was not covert when outed, but it DOES raise a very strong, very legitimate suspicion of whitewash.

In your already made up mind of what "is" is, perhaps.  Oh yea, I already referenced that

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2008, 01:03:17 PM »
There's really no point in continuing this discussion, sirs.  I've made my point as clear as I can.  Either you see it or you don't.  Either you agree or you don't.  I'm done with it.  We should just agree to disagree and move on.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #42 on: July 19, 2008, 01:20:18 PM »
ince it is equally consistent with whitewash or with no case.

The latter is the most likely.