Author Topic: AZ Congresswomen Shot, betcha a Lib did it!  (Read 26248 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: AZ Congresswomen Shot, betcha a Lib did it!
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2011, 01:59:37 AM »
I have read the thread.  I see no "obvious" claims of the right claiming it's the left's fault.  I AM seeing examples, more and more, of the left claiming it's the right's fault....talk radio, show hosts, "vitriole", etc.  Where are your examples of "the right side" claiming this murder is at the hands of "the left side", as you have opined?  NOT that the killer was leftist (since apparently that's a moot point, he is.  Even your tweets says so), but that the murder was caused, in some way, analogus to talk radio, by the left?  THAT was your claim.  Simply directing folks to go back and read something that you yourself apparently are the only one to have caught, isn't going to cut it
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #46 on: January 10, 2011, 03:13:11 AM »
NOT that the killer was leftist (since apparently that's a moot point, he is.  Even your tweets says so), but that the murder was caused, in some way, analogus to talk radio, by the left?  THAT was your claim.   

Where did i claim that the charges from the right were in the same vein as those from the left?

This is what I said:
It is not surprising that both sides out of the gate were wanting to point their fingers at the others.

Do you dispute that?
If so, how.

bsb

« Reply #47 on: January 10, 2011, 03:18:15 AM »
>>Also, Loughner seems a little too perfectly "wacko". <<

Oh, here we go, and Bush was involved in 9/11.

bsb

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2011, 03:33:30 AM »
NOT that the killer was leftist (since apparently that's a moot point, he is.  Even your tweets says so), but that the murder was caused, in some way, analogus to talk radio, by the left?  THAT was your claim.   

Where did i claim that the charges from the right were in the same vein as those from the left?

asked and answered.....It is not surprising that both sides out of the gate were wanting to point their fingers at the others.

THAT appears pretty equal and "in the same vein" as painting both the right and left as going after each other, fairly equally

This is what I said:
It is not surprising that both sides out of the gate were wanting to point their fingers at the others.

Do you dispute that?
If so, how. [/color]

Yes, I do.  I DON'T see any one from the "right side.....right out of the gate" pointing fingers at the left as the facilitator of this psychopath's rampage

So, 1 last time....who from the right side, right out of the gate, per your claim, began pointing fingers at the left as the casue of this fella's dip into the dark side of murder??
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2011, 03:56:35 AM »
Where did i say that the right was saying left was the facilitator of the shooter? Where did i claim the finger pointing was equal in scale or manner and method?

Was it in the same post i allegedly used the term copious?

But to answer your question, minus the misrepresentations and strawmen, Kramer seems to think the shooters politics had something to do with this.

And CU4 took major exception to may claim that Palin had made a major tactical error if she had removed that target map from her websites, she did from one, but not another. Because by doing so she admitted that something was inherently wrong with the map, which i don't believe. He pushed back by linking some target activity emanating from The Daily Kos Site.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: January 10, 2011, 05:36:33 AM »
Where did i say that the right was saying left was the facilitator of the shooter? Where did i claim the finger pointing was equal in scale or manner and method?

asked and answered, yet again.  It is not surprising that both sides out of the gate were wanting to point their fingers at the others.

Minus your inability to back up your own claim, as well as the bogus charge that I said you USED the term copious, you could have saved yourself some embarrassment and a little credibility, by merely clarifying yourself a tad better

But to answer your question, Kramer seems to think the shooters politics had something to do with this.

Yea....and?  It was specific to the shooter himself, and in no way laying some claim that "the left side" was behind the shooter, analogous to how the left is trying to portray, i.e. pointing fingers at the right side as somehow having pushed this fella over the edge, as you were apparently inaccurately claiming about the "right side"

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: January 10, 2011, 11:27:53 AM »
What came first the madness or the politics?

I believe, as Dr Savage claims, that Liberalism is a mental disorder. Therefore, I believe, the madness, craziness, mental illness (in Liberals and the shooter in particular) are all manifest prior to a person gravitating towards Liberalism, Liberal causes, and anti-social behavior. I believe Liberalism is anti-social. I believe, based on their statements and beliefs that Liberals are paranoid, delusional, and terribly unhinged. This infliction has little to do with politics and more to do with psychological disorders or even physiologic disorders or both. The fact that you can never debate a Liberal, or that logic doesn't get through to them is a bit of proof their minds are flawed. The fact that more often then not they are deviate, dishonest, and corrupt, indicates they have a predisposition to sociopath tendencies. The fact that they lie with ease, worse they lie and believe their lies, proves they are not of sound mind or able to live cohesively in our society, and specifically in a free society. The shooters mental disorders were clearly visible (documented by other students at college) that he should have been detained & examined by experts. Clearly a madman should never be able to get a gun or any weapon as they are a danger to society and themselves.

But the politics to this tragedy all came after the facts.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: January 10, 2011, 12:21:29 PM »
Not really BT.....I actually think it would not be a mistake or an admission of anything
except good taste if Governor Palin took down something for a few days. For example
if someone had a banner up in town the week of a game against a team with a name
like Indians....and the banner said "Destroy The Indians" and the same week there
was a mass killing or plane crash involving Indians then it would be in poor taste to
leave it up....dont ya think? Sure the Left is going to race to somehow wrongly associate
this whackjob that loved Karl Marx Manifesto with Republicans....sure the Left will race
to see if this tragedy can help them take away gun rights which they had put on a
backburner because as is typical the American People dont agree with the leftists.
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

bsb

« Reply #53 on: January 10, 2011, 12:27:27 PM »
There isn't a thread of evidence that the shooter was "liberal". There is some evidence that he was into conspiracy theories, gold and silver over cash, the individual over the oppressive government, etc. But, at this point the weight of the evidence points to him being primarily a total nut-job.

bsb

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: January 10, 2011, 12:31:56 PM »
At the risk of being at odds with most in here, I'm going to drop a P.Z. Myers blog quote and run:

What we have here is an attempted assassination of a politician by an insane crank at a political event, in a state where the political discourse has been an unrelenting howl of eliminationist rhetoric and characterization of anyone to the left of Genghis Khan as a traitor and enemy of the state?and now, when six (including a nine year old girl) lie dead and another fourteen are wounded, now suddenly we're concerned that it is rude and politicizing a tragedy to point out that the right wing has produced a toxic atmosphere that pollutes our politics with hatred and the rhetoric of violence?

Screw that. Now is the time to politicize the hell out of this situation. The people who are complaining are a mix of lefty marshmallows whose first reaction to the fulfillment of right-wing fantasies by a lunatic is to drop to their knees and beg forgiveness for thinking ill of people who paint bullseyes on their political opponents, and right wing cowards who are racing to their usual tactic of attacking their critics to shame them into silence. This is NOT the time to back down and suddenly find it embarrassing to point out that right-wing pundits make a living as professional goads to insanity.

And a cartoon.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: January 10, 2011, 12:35:08 PM »
There isn't a thread of evidence that the shooter was "liberal". There is some evidence that he was into conspiracy theories, gold and silver over cash, the individual over the oppressive government, etc. But, at this point the weight of the evidence points to him being primarily a total nut-job.

bsb

http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2011/01/jared_loughner_alleged_shooter.php

bsb

« Reply #56 on: January 10, 2011, 12:48:07 PM »
Ha, ha, a "classmate" twitted that he was a left-wing pothead and that's all the evidence Kramer needs.

bsb

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: January 10, 2011, 01:39:39 PM »
point out that right-wing pundits make a living as professional goads to insanity.

The progressive "climate of hate:"
An illustrated primer, 2000-2010

January 10, 2011

The Tuscon massacre ghouls who are now trying to criminalize conservatism have forced our hand.

They need to be reminded. You need to be reminded.

Confront them. Don't be cowed into silence.

And don't let the media whitewash the sins of the hypocritical Left in their naked attempt to suppress the law-abiding, constitutionally-protected, peaceful, vigorous political speech of the Right.

They want to play tu quo que in the middle of a national tragedy. They asked for it. They got it.

The progressive climate of hate: A comprehensive illustrated primer in 8 parts:

I. PALIN HATE
II. BUSH HATE
III. MISC. TEA PARTY/GOP/ANTI-TRADITIONAL MARRIAGE HATE
IV. ANTI-CONSERVATIVE FEMALE HATE
V. LEFT-WING MOB HATE ? campus, anti-war radicals, ACORN, eco-extremists, & unions
VI. OPEN-BORDERS HATE
VII. ANTI-MILITARY HATE
VIII. HATE: CRIMES - the ever-growing Unhinged Mugshot Collection

I. PALIN HATE
Flashback: pointing a fake gun at the head of a Sarah Palin likeness sitting next to a cardboard cutout of her daughter in a museum display:

Getty has since yanked the photo, but as one commenter who saw the photo at Getty's site before it was yanked noted: "To see that image presented as if it were completely normal and purchasable was shocking."

Flashback trendy "ABORT Sarah Palin" stickers:

Flashback Palin-hating artwork designating her an "M.I.L.P." (Mother I'd Like to Punch).
Hat tip: Edge of Forever:

Flashback: Mocking Palin for being a nursing mom:

II. BUSH HATE

Flashback: anti-Bush assassination chic

Death of a President Spoof of killing Bush

Syndicated liberal talk show host Mike Malloy call for Glenn Beck to commit suicide:

Libtalker Mike Malloy: I Hope Glenn Beck Commits Suicide Live On The Air

ACORN mob chartered a bus, with twice as many outrage-stoking MSM photographers in tow
to menace AIG executives in their homes.

Enviro:

UC Santa Cruz ambush on campus military recruiters:

Gainsville, Fla., Democrat David P. McCally was charged with battery after he allegedly barged into a local GOP office, assaulted a cardboard cutout of President Bush, and punched a local Republican chairman in September 2004. (Credit: Alachua County Jail.)

In March 2004, Carol Lang, a campus secretary at City College in New York, reportedly assaulted a
police officer trying to arrest unruly anti-war protesters. Police arrested Lang and charged her with
second-degree assault, disorderly conduct, and obstructing governmental administration.
(Credit: New York Police Department.)

At the same protest at which Carol Lang was arrested, police arrested students Justin Rodriguez,
left, and Nicholas Bergreen. They charged Rodriguez with resisting arrest and disorderly conduct.
They charged Bergreen with assaulting a police officer. (Credit: New York Police Department.)

Police arrested Corey Robert Cooke of Ellicott City, Md., in September 2004 and charged him
with malicious destruction of property after he allegedly used a power tool to cut down a
Bush-Cheney sign. (Credit: Howard County Police Department.)

Nathan Winkler of Tampa, Fla., was arrested and charged with aggravated stalking in March 2005 for allegedly terrorizing a mother who had a Bush-Cheney bumper sticker on her car. Winkler reportedly had a handmade
sign in his window that read, "Never forget Bush's illegal oil war murdered thousands in Iraq."
(Credit: Tampa Police  Department.)

Florida Democrat Barry Seltzer allegedly tried to run down congresswoman Katherine Harris with his Cadillac
as she was campaigning in Sarasota, Fla., in October 2004. See the arrest report here.
(Credit: Sarasota Police Department via The Smoking Gun.)

Sowande Ajumoke Omokunde, son of congresswoman Gwen Moore (D-Milwaukee), was one of
five paid Kerry campaign workers in Milwaukee who allegedly slashed the tires of 20 vans that
had been rented by Wisconsin Republicans as part of their Election Day 2004 get-out-the-vote effort.
(Credit: Milwaukee County Police.)

March 2009 ? Document drop: FBI charges anti-Semitic nutball with threats against GOP Rep. Cantor & family;
??you receive my bullets in your office, remember they will be placed in your heads.?

« Last Edit: January 10, 2011, 03:14:49 PM by ChristiansUnited4LessGvt »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: January 10, 2011, 01:57:27 PM »
Ha, ha, a "classmate" twitted that he was a left-wing pothead and that's all the evidence Kramer needs.

bsb

You said, and I quote, "There isn't a thread of evidence that the shooter was "liberal"."

To me that seems to be more evidence than you have. At least I have something over your nothing! At the very least you don't have a thread of evidence for your position!!!

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: January 10, 2011, 02:12:48 PM »
You have nothing, Kramer.
You know nothing.

This guy was insane. All assassins are insane. Not one assassin has accomplished any goal other than perhaps his own death wish in the US since Booth shot Lincoln.

The worst thing that we can do is to allow insane people to buy dangerous guns.
 Since there are too many guns to control, and since we do not lock up people like Loughner up, and make it easy for them to buy guns, this will continue.

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."