Author Topic: Honest Liberals vs Fascist Progressives  (Read 3815 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Honest Liberals vs Fascist Progressives
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2014, 02:01:48 AM »
language useage is how laws & policies get made or rejected. one small phrase or even a word can totally effect the acceptance of a proposal. awhile back I mentioned interest in learning philosophy and even with my half-assed approuched I learned how incredibly important language has been. I noticed a very strong similiarity to philosophy and the legal documents I work with in my job. note it`s very common for lawyers to minor in english lit and/or philoshy. it`s no coincident.

If given a choice I would tell kids today to study eng.lit. along with thier core interest.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2014, 03:13:26 AM »
Nothing to which I could disagree with there.  Still doesn't change my previous post however.  You'll have to provide some more concrete examples vs philosophical ones
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2014, 08:49:49 AM »
I only recall wrong phrases that has backedfired on a presentor. Sucessful ones tends to not get noticed. The very nature of it.

I simply have not learned enough to point out examples yet.  Just know enough to know how incredibly influential language can be.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2014, 01:10:27 PM »
Agreed....which is why Fascist Progressives use it as bows in a quiver, when trying to squelch opposing viewpoints....in the name of "tolerance", of course.  Because there is an element of trying to shame/coerce, thru language, reactions, or in the case I'm making, inaction
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2014, 11:44:53 PM »
Hmm
I wouldn't call it inaction. Actually I'm pretty upset with conservatives with how they go about it. Supposedly we're a proactive kind of people but after quite afew bad desicions abit of turtle behaviour is going on.  I wished abit more learning from mistake and continue was going on.

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2014, 07:36:30 AM »
the notion of not just intolerance towards an opposing POV,
but actual efforts, including legislation, to try and squelch opposing POV's. 
And that's really only coming from progressive liberals

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2014, 08:52:34 AM »
Ayn Rand was full of crap. Give it a rest.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2014, 10:33:10 AM »
Hmm
I wouldn't call it inaction. Actually I'm pretty upset with conservatives with how they go about it. Supposedly we're a proactive kind of people but after quite afew bad desicions abit of turtle behaviour is going on.  I wished abit more learning from mistake and continue was going on.

As I inquired before....I need concrete examples to work with, Kimba.  I've given you a plethora of such examples as it relates to fascist/progressive liberals, punctuated by their push for the so-called "Fairness Doctrine"

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2014, 02:20:35 PM »
ALL YOU DO is squeal about some kind 0f fairness doctrine, sirs.  You always want to know what "they" would say if Juniorbush had said this or that that you disagreed with Obama about, what would have happenbed if Juniorbush, rather than Obama has done this or that.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2014, 02:59:45 PM »
I've never been curious as to what "they'd say", as it relates to Bush, Republicans, or Conservatives.  I pretty much know what "they'd say".  And none of that has squat to do with the Fairness Doctrine.  As far as the rest of your blurb....whatever deflection effort it was, it had no coherency to it.  Then again, perhaps that was its intention

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: April 30, 2014, 11:53:05 AM »
You don't even understand your own posts, asshole.

Truly pathetic.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: April 30, 2014, 01:26:36 PM »
You always know when the Professor's rhetorical firearm is empty.  Nothing but blanks, like the last meager shot     8)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: April 30, 2014, 04:00:36 PM »
I've never been curious as to what "they'd say", as it relates to Bush, Republicans, or Conservatives.  I pretty much know what "they'd say". 

Case in point...notice how with this whole Donald Sterling debacle, no one is mentioning his staunch support of Democrat causes and politicians.  So if anyone, for an instance, thinks that if this were some outed conservative racist, there wouldn't be wall to wall headlines of who he supported, along with the repetative question, "so will you now return those donations?", they'd be on crack.   Because if anyone didn't, as ridiculous as it would be, then by implication, they'd all be supportive of said racist's rhetoric

But since the big D was a Big lib supporter....it's *cue the crickets*

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: April 30, 2014, 07:34:26 PM »
................................................. Donald Sterling debacle, no one is mentioning his staunch support of Democrat causes and politicians.  ...................................
But since the big D was a Big lib supporter..................

Really?

I didn't know that.

Where do you see this?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: April 30, 2014, 08:19:47 PM »
................................................. Donald Sterling debacle, no one is mentioning his staunch support of Democrat causes and politicians.  ...................................
But since the big D was a Big lib supporter..................

Really?

I didn't know that.

Exactly, that's the goal.  It's not being reported.  If he were one of the Koch brothers however......gads, Reid and the Democrats wold be screeching appopletically...and making sure to connect Sterling to every cause and politician he donated to, with demands that they return his donations, or else they must be supportive of his racist nature

Where do you see this?

Been hearing it on the news, when it is mentioned...ususally on talk shows.  The MSM is pretty much staying mute on that.  A "registered Republican" who has pretty much donated & supported only Democrats and their causes