Author Topic: "Truth Matters"  (Read 16114 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: "Truth Matters"
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2007, 06:09:34 PM »
<<Funny that the only people who made the assumption that "DC jury" meant "all black jury" was liberals.>>

Yeah, that's funny.  Of course it makes a LOT more sense for "DC jury" to mean a jury of colour-blind Federal civil servants.  THAT sure would explain their turning on Libby.  How better to curry favour with a Republican administration than by convicting one of its golden boys and Cheney's right-hand man at that, especially when he's so obviously innocent.  Good career move.   

<<Having lived in the DC area, I knew just what he meant.>>

THAT'S for sure.  I live 500 miles away and even I know just what he meant.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2007, 06:15:51 PM »
THAT'S for sure.  I live 500 miles away and even I know just what he meant.

You knew that he meant a "company town" jury, where nearly everyone on the jury derived money from the federal government, and leaned almost totally left?

Then why did you pretend it a was a "code word"?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2007, 06:21:08 PM »
<<You knew that he meant a "company town" jury, where nearly everyone on the jury derived money from the federal government, and leaned almost totally left?>>

No, I knew that he meant a black jury of resentful welfare recipients and victims of police brutality and governmental neglect.  Who knew who Libby was and everything he stood for.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2007, 06:38:08 PM »
No, I knew that he meant a black jury of resentful welfare recipients and victims of police brutality and governmental neglect.  Who knew who Libby was and everything he stood for.

Funny, he said that wasn't what he meant. It's also not what I thought he meant.

Only one who sees racism here is you. Guess it's one of those things where racists see racism everywhere, huh?
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2007, 06:38:25 PM »
I think the mistake our "conservative" friends made in this particular case was assuming (wrongfully as it turned out) that a DC jury would be an inner-city black jury, which probably would have been a credible explanation for a conviction if Libby had in fact been manifestly innocent but nevertheless equally manifestly an incarnation of The Man.   They then had to scatter in confusion when the actual racial make-up of the jury was revealed, inventing on the fly new meanings for "DC jury."  It was pretty funny, actually.

When did I assume that the race of the jury would matter?

When one of us has to google in order to find out what the accusation really is , this reveils that the actual charge was not so important to  to that person as the finding of guilt .

When one of us cares so little about the racial makeup of the Jury that we do not even think to find it out ,this is not evdence of racism.

gipper

« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2007, 07:06:45 PM »
This minor point -- damn, a tangential parenthetical in a footnote -- has been beaten into Hollandaise sauce.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2007, 07:12:25 PM »
This minor point -- damn, a tangential parenthetical in a footnote -- has been beaten into Hollandaise sauce.

That is so.

What is your take on the judge blasting  Libby for discussing Valerie Wilson with reporters without considering that she might have been an undercover officer?

gipper

« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2007, 07:15:40 PM »
He is well-oriented as to time, place, person and situation.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2007, 07:29:27 PM »
He is well-oriented as to time, place, person and situation.

How does this matter?

If I were to discuss the Gipper with someone , how would I know that I was not discussing a covert agent of the CIA , FBI , DEA or BATF ?

Mucho

« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2007, 09:55:33 PM »

That is so.

What is your take on the judge blasting  Libby for discussing Valerie Wilson with reporters without considering that she might have been an undercover officer?

Give it up, Plane . Even your fascist fellows like RR know you are relying on blind faith and misconstruction over reality on this bit of unimportant trivia.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2007, 06:20:57 AM »

That is so.

Give it up, Plane . Even your fascist fellows like RR know you are relying on blind faith and misconstruction over reality on this bit of unimportant trivia.

In fact , if the victim of this process , Scooter Libbey, had not known that he was discussing a covert agent , as apparently he didn't ,then he is innocent , entirely.

It is not a minor detail that the judge seems to have known that there was no intent to expose a covert agent.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: June 11, 2007, 01:23:04 PM »
<<In fact , if the victim of this process , Scooter Libbey, had not known that he was discussing a covert agent , as apparently he didn't ,then he is innocent , entirely.

<<It is not a minor detail that the judge seems to have known that there was no intent to expose a covert agent.>>

Well the minor detail that you seem to have overlooked was that Libby wasn't charged with exposing a covert agent.  So your whole point is irrelevant.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2007, 06:30:14 PM »
<<In fact , if the victim of this process , Scooter Libbey, had not known that he was discussing a covert agent , as apparently he didn't ,then he is innocent , entirely.

<<It is not a minor detail that the judge seems to have known that there was no intent to expose a covert agent.>>

Well the minor detail that you seem to have overlooked was that Libby wasn't charged with exposing a covert agent.  So your whole point is irrelevant.

He is charged with a coverup of nothing , his motive was to hide a void.

What was he supposed to have been lieing about?

If it was "  irrelevant   " why is the judge bringing it up?

Mucho

« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2007, 12:36:24 PM »

Your pathetic spinning for a convicted felon is about as admirable as the OJ jury . Dont let fact get in the way of your manipulated emotions now.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2007, 12:54:37 PM »

Your pathetic spinning for a convicted felon is about as admirable as the OJ jury . Dont let fact get in the way of your manipulated emotions now.

I see you don't see any motive for him to lie either.