Author Topic: Voting ID effect is not a surprise  (Read 2469 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Voting ID effect is not a surprise
« on: April 26, 2016, 04:56:29 AM »
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/voter-id-laws-democratic-turnout_us_56d8c5bae4b0000de403f238

In states with voter ID laws , when turnout is down , it is down more for Democrats than Republicans.

Well yes , when the voter is dead or fictitious these voters tend to be Democrats over Republicans ten to one.

Meanwhile in at least one state the NAACP lost a case against voter ID with the Judge pointing to stats that proved that minority voting was increased since the passage of the measure , this making it hard to prove that minority participation was affected negatively by the measure.

The implication is strong here, that most of the fictitious and Dead Democrat voters were White.

Thus there is a strong anti White bias in voter ID laws , especially for those voters who are white ,Democrat and imaginary.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Voting ID effect is not a surprise
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 10:05:07 AM »
my issue about ID is more from since I`m require to have it and show it for various things . I think it should be free. this is not a financial hardship issue . but  it`s the very least what our tax money should pay.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 10:39:23 AM »
Perhaps that's why Governor Terry McCauliife is using his position to allow felons to vote in his state.  And when criticized by Republicans simply responded that the GOP simply needs to "earn their vote"     >:(
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 11:52:57 AM »
If the convict has paid his debt to society, then why should all his rights, including the right to vote, NOT be restored?

Some guy gets hooked on OxtyContin and ends up stealing to support his habit, and ands in jail.
Some other person gets tired of his mate's continual nagging and  verbal abuse and bongs him/her with a frying pan,and she/he dies.

Then they serve out their sentence, ten years later, they are no longer an addict and have learned how to control their temper, and of course, the dead spouse is no longer a factor.

Why should they NOT be allowed the vote?

When I taught at Dade Correctional, there were  some inmates that would vote for anyone that would let people own military weapons. Some of these ex cons might be Republicans.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 12:24:35 PM »
So, you don't have a problem with returning their constitutional right to having a firearm then, right?  I mean, they have paid their debt to society.  oh.....or is it only rights that would heavily favor 1 particular party
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 01:26:44 PM »
i like voter ID but question how effective it would be unless some changes were made to ID's

don't many states allow illegal invaders to have a drivers license?

so unless the drivers license says "not US citizen" how will showing an ID really help much?

you'd still have a bunch of illegal invaders voting by showing their DL
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 04:09:35 PM »
Helps to explain how DEMOCRAT Governors have pushed "motor/voter" legislation.....speeding the ability for people to both get a DL AND vote on the same day, while also pusing for the ability for illegal immigrants to get DL as well.....a recipe seriously RIPE for abuse......which of course favors that particular party.

Gotta love the new constituency that the Democrats are now embracing....criminals & felons

But like every other promise that Obama and the Democrats have thrown by the wayside, watch how the push becomes that if "felons" should be allowed to vote, and illegal immigrants, aren't exactly felons, then they have even more the "right" to vote, if living in this country.  I doubt Clinton would push this before the election, but if she somehow wins, that'll be near the top of the agenda

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2016, 04:33:19 PM »

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2016, 09:45:03 PM »
People who have killed, wounded ot threatened  others in their criminal past should not have guns. But the vote is a different thing.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2016, 10:23:45 PM »
A right is a right is a right.  If they've "payed their debt to society", their rights should be restored, according to you

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2016, 10:48:04 PM »
According to me, felons should get the vote after they have fulfilled their sentence.
People convicted of gun crimes should have to pass some psychological tests.

My opinion does not depend on your tiny, addled mind, sirs.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2016, 11:04:42 PM »
  Do you suppose that convicted felons would vote as a bloc for strong second amendment protections?

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2016, 11:09:57 PM »
it's disgraceful that this Clinton hack governor has to try and rally felon voters for Hillary
i can see the bumper sticker...."Felons United For Hillary 2016".....lol
but most of those half-wit ex-cons are not going to vote anyway
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2016, 12:44:48 AM »
According to me, felons should get the vote after they have fulfilled their sentence.

Now you're being grossly unfair to the felon community.  Why are you selecting which rights they are allowed to exercise, and which they can not??  You made it clear that they "paid their debt to society, and should have ALL their rights restored".  You just lost their vote.

(...and that was rhetorical....of course you're not running for anything, knowing your flippant literal deflection response would have been "I'm not running for anything you right wing moron")

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2016, 05:03:27 AM »
People convicted of gun crimes should have to pass some psychological tests.

Why should not voters have to pass some psychological tests?