Author Topic: LQQKIE here! More kinky RW kooks to bite zee dust!  (Read 1761 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: LQQKIE here! More kinky RW kooks to bite zee dust!
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2007, 03:41:38 PM »
"To some generations, much is given.  Of other generations, much is expected.  THIS generation of AMERICANS [pause] has a RENDEZVOUS with DESTINY."

I liked the first two sentences, felt they were leading up to something.  Then the third sentence, although it contained the memorable phrase, "rendezvous with destiny," didn't seem to flow naturally from the logic of the first two sentences.  I always had the feeling that FDR had suddenly abandoned his train of thought and then just thrown in a phrase that he had been waiting to toss off all along.

About 20 years ago I met a stripper named Destiny, and quoted FDR's little speech for her, with the appropriate inflections and emphases.  I don't think she got it.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: LQQKIE here! More kinky RW kooks to bite zee dust!
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2007, 04:13:40 PM »
<<I suspect that if they pruned every perv from the GOP, there would be nearly nothing left of it.>>

THAT'S what I'm getting at.  And they wouldn't have to wait for the guy to prove himself a perv.  They just nip the bud as soon as he proclaims his allegiance to "family values."

Then who will we vote for?

The will of the people is frustrated by hypocracy , but no less by haveing no canadates we agree with.