Author Topic: Dems' race card: Predictable, hypocritical  (Read 6168 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Dems' race card: Predictable, hypocritical
« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2011, 09:22:11 PM »
I was never in favor of Thomas being nominated or placed on the Supreme Court at all. He is a lightweight and has wacky ideas.
He was not a member of the court when Anita Hill testified against him. I'd vastly prefer Hill being on the Court to him.

When you wrote this did you have a particular whacky idea in mind?

Which one, or do you have several in mind?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2011, 09:32:41 PM »
See, that's where we disagree.   I don't see 1 BAD JOKE, as inexcusable.  A PATTERN of bad jokes, absolutely.  A PATTERN of bad judgement, absolutely.  1 mistake, that she copiously apologised for, no.  NO ONE would be in a position of authority, if that were the case.  I have yet to come across the perfect politician.  You have??

I see so everybody gets a free pass on the first offense.

That cub scout den leader only molested that one kid. Pass.

That husband only blackened his wife's eye that one time. Pass

That mexican only entered the country illegally that one time. Pass

That party official only exhibited that racist attitude the one time. Pass

Yeah that's the ticket.

A zero tolerance policy is a serious waste of time and resorces unless the zero tolerance is reserved for very serious matters.

Saying or doing something pretty stupid but otherwise harmless ought to get a lighter repremand than makeing it a frequent habbit. If resignation is the proper punishment for once what are you reserveing for the frequent offender?

Her apology for being insensitive might be enough, if she can now go and sin no more.

I understand BT and his concern for the partys welfare, but is the party for the members or is a member for the party?  This is a person, not just  a cog in a political machine.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2011, 09:44:32 PM »
More info:

http://www.oohwee.net/2011/04/19/republican-marilyn-davenport-sent-this-in-an-email/

Here's the dumb picture the old witch sent

Ouch , that is pretty unfortunate.

How is it racial really?

Lincon was often portrayed and caricatured as a gorilla , earlyer presidents were not because the Gorilla was not discovered early enough for Jackson or Adams to benefit from the comparison.

How long would it take to find a photoshop of President Bush added to a Chimpanzees face?  How can the racial component be absent when President Bush is mocked in exactly the same way. (less than a minute , there is a webpage devoted to Bush photoshop pictures).

Oh man , the doubble standard is stark and unfair. There is practicly nothing a Democrat can do that will prove him racist, but a careless moment, just once, marks a Republican?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2011, 09:45:36 PM »
So, in your book, just 1 bad joke, not even proven to be racially motivated and.....you're outa here.  I'm glad I don't work for you.  So, obviously you were calling for Clarence Thomas to step down when Anita Hill was referencing his bad jokes, right?

There really wasn't a whole lot of proof concerning Hill's allegations, if i recall correctly.

This lady was caught red handed. And at the minimum she should be reassigned to an obscure position stuffing envelopes if she doesn't have enough character to resign. She showed bad judgment in a business where judgment is the product for sale.

Is any and all mockery of President Obama off limits?

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2011, 09:46:55 PM »
I find it odd that in a day and age where a man like Herman Cain is considered a serious candidate for the GOP that there is this chorus of compassion for this woman who thought it funny to place the image of a black man in some planet of the apes family portrait and thinks the sentiment is harmless.

If it were harmless the opposition would not have jumped all over it.

Kramer

• Repeal ObamaCare
    • View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2011, 10:01:58 PM »
I find it odd that in a day and age where a man like Herman Cain is considered a serious candidate for the GOP that there is this chorus of compassion for this woman who thought it funny to place the image of a black man in some planet of the apes family portrait and thinks the sentiment is harmless.

If it were harmless the opposition would not have jumped all over it.

Where is the connection between Planet of the Apes and black people? Is Roddy McDowell black, a real ape or what, I just can't connect the dots, sorry?

Yeah and just you are the opposition are the only ones that are upset about it, we all know they are more happy about it than sad. I think it's time to move on.

The old women didn't intend for it to be national news anyway. I wonder who it was that felt compelled to throw her under the bus. I see it for what it was, she is sorry, it''s over. It doesn't mean she's a racist, or hates blacks, or thinks they should be slaves. She doesn't like Obama and I am with her on that!
<a href="http://content9.flixster.com/photo/97/96/37/9796379_tml.jpg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://content9.flixster.com/photo/97/96/37/9796379_tml.jpg</a>
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 10:15:56 PM by Kramer »

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2011, 10:10:26 PM »

Do you think Herman Cain will not be mocked ?

Wo can or should be immune to this mockery?

Let us either consider it well proven that plenty of Democrats are racist, elese that cartoon mockery is a special exemption.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: April 29, 2011, 10:40:00 PM »
Let us either consider it well proven that plenty of Democrats are racist, elese that cartoon mockery is a special exemption.

Of course they are. They are not exempt from lapses in judgement either. The question is of standards.

Are you in favor of low standards or high?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2011, 12:29:41 AM »
See, that's where we disagree.   I don't see 1 BAD JOKE, as inexcusable.  A PATTERN of bad jokes, absolutely.  A PATTERN of bad judgement, absolutely.  1 mistake, that she copiously apologised for, no.  NO ONE would be in a position of authority, if that were the case.  I have yet to come across the perfect politician.  You have??

I see so everybody gets a free pass on the first offense.

That cub scout den leader only molested that one kid. Pass.

That husband only blackened his wife's eye that one time. Pass

That mexican only entered the country illegally that one time. Pass

That party official only exhibited that racist attitude the one time. Pass

Yeah that's the ticket.

A zero tolerance policy is a serious waste of time and resorces unless the zero tolerance is reserved for very serious matters.

BINGO.......Bt appears to have the mindset that a tasteless joke equates to a felony, be it robbery or child molestation

"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2011, 12:32:46 AM »
No, BT said that this woman should resign, not that she should be arrested.

Resigning is voluntary, is it not?
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2011, 01:08:04 AM »
No one said that BT claimed, or even implied that she should be arrested.  Nice strawman.  He's merely consistently comparing a bad joke to that of a felony.  That's all
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2011, 01:34:11 AM »
No, BT said that this woman should resign, not that she should be arrested.

Resigning is voluntary, is it not?

Not to worry, XO. I asked the forum if they wanted their party to have high or low standards. I pretty much have my answer.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2011, 01:57:06 AM »
Absolutely.  Given the level of bar height that canvases a huge throng of the Democrat party that Xo's gives a pass to, vs 1 bad joke by the GOP, we sure do have an answer

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2011, 02:04:26 AM »

Of course they are. They are not exempt from lapses in judgement either. The question is of standards.

Are you in favor of low standards or high?

High standards are good , and I take your point that Republican standards need not be dependant on Democratic standards.

Neither need they be rediculous!

If this person never does anything worse than photoshopping  the Presidents face onto an ape then I don't think she needs anything more than guidence about why it is counterproductive.

There is a question not yet answered , what sort of mocking of the president should be acceptable?

Please don't say none.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2011, 02:54:56 AM »
There is a question not yet answered , what sort of mocking of the president should be acceptable?

Anything to do with what he has control over would be fine.

Policy for example.