Author Topic: Who's Next to Host ABC's The View -- David Duke?  (Read 7032 times)

MissusDe

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Who's Next to Host ABC's The View -- David Duke?
« on: April 11, 2007, 05:26:46 PM »
Who's Next to Host ABC's The View -- David Duke?
Steven Zak
Tue Apr 10, 3:30 PM ET

Deniers of 9/11 and of the Holocaust are two of a kind. It is a given that television networks put profits above pride, but ABC has reached a new low in its sponsorship of Rosie O'Donnell. The daytime talk show host recently joined the world of "truthers" --people who believe that 9/11 was an attack staged by this country's own government.

On ABC's popular The View, O'Donnell lent her expert opinion that it is impossible for the World Trade Center's building 7 "to fall the way it fell without explosives being involved." To say otherwise, she added, "is beyond ignorant." (When she isn't offering instruction on the fine points of structural engineering, O'Donnell entertains by hanging upside-down from a rope.)

If this all sounds like the howling of a rabid dog, O'Donnell isn't alone in the kennel. A recent poll from the Scripps Research Center found that more than a third of Americans believe that 9/11 was an "inside job." Those who actively promote the idea, though, are more than mere laughable loons. They bear resemblance to another particularly virulent conspiracy nut -- the Holocaust denier.

It may be coincidence that O'Donnell's 9/11 denial has manifested itself in such close proximity to Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's "Holocaust conference" of last December, but she sounds a lot like many of its participants.

Both profess interest in the pursuit of truth.

Mahammad Ali Ramini, advisor to Ahmadinejad, announced that he would chair a committee to find "the truth on the genocide of Jews."

O'Donnell says that she is merely "trying, as always, for a rigorous truth."

And both profess total objectivity in that pursuit.

Iranian Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki made an offer to British Prime Minister Tony Blair to send "independent investigators" to visit former Nazi death camps -- people "who are not sympathetic" to the Nazis nor "to the Zionist regime."

"I have begun doing exactly what this country, at its best, allows for me to do," wrote O'Donnell on her blog. "Inquire. Investigate."

Yet for both, "truth" precedes "investigation."

The Holocaust, Ahmadinejad said at the start of the "conference," is a "myth."

The terrorist attack of 9/11, said O'Donnell at the mere outset of her "inquiry," "is impossible."

Both make shameless use of fabricated math and science.

"The number of victims at the Auschwitz concentration camp," said Australian Holocaust denier Frederick Toben, "could be about 2,007. The railroad to the camp did not have enough capacity to transfer large numbers of Jews."

"I do believe that it's the first time in history that fire has ever melted steel," said O'Donnell. "It is physically impossible."

And both cite "studies" or "experts" without actually citing any studies or experts.

"All the studies and research carried out so far have proven that there is no reason to believe that the Holocaust ever occurred," said former Iranian interior minister and Hezbollah cofounder Ali Akbar Mohtashamipour.

"Look at the films, get a physics expert in here from Yale, from Harvard, pick the school," said O'Donnell.

The worlds of deniers O'Donnell and Ahmadinejad intersected more overtly when the former defended the latter's hostage taking of 15 British sailors and Royal Marines who, O'Donnell ruled by fiat, "went into Iranian waters and they were seized by the Iranians." O'Donnell added her expression of sympathy for mass murderers the world over: "Don't fear the terrorists. They're mothers and fathers."

Only one with the most sinister sentiments toward the country that gave her so much for so little could express such warm regard for its most determined enemies. And therein lies the real similarity between Holocaust deniers and 9/11 deniers. The "theories" of both, which could otherwise only be explained as serious psychopathology, are but expressions of venom and bile. The former hate Jews (and, often, the United States). The latter hate the United States (and, often, Jews).

White House press secretary Tony Snow's description of Ahmadinejad's conference as "a platform of hatred," then, applies as well to the current incarnation of The View.

Which leads to this question: If ratings were strong, would ABC allow, say, David Duke to host a show on which he preached his doubts about the Holocaust and his fondness for Nazis? Stay tuned and the answer will soon be revealed -- by whether and how fast the network pulls the plug on O'Donnell.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/realclearpolitics/20070410/cm_rcp/whos_next_to_host_abcs_the_vie;_ylt=AqKYa5_QsZC8tqku40sT1CTMWM0F

domer

Re: Who's Next to Host ABC's The View -- David Duke?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 05:44:10 PM »
A scurrilous attempt at right-wing smears, Missus, but for what reason? No thinking person can equate David Dukes's hate-filled screed, a persistent, public effort to vilify and debase, with the gratuitous efforts of Rosie O'Donnell to show insight into things she's knows absolutely nothing about, for the purpose of controversy and ratings, and her pathetic effort to seem cool and wise at the obvious cost of both. Rosie is a leftie, unabashedly, and more power to her. Save maybe for Donald Trump (who she actually was quite funny ridiculing), O'Donnell does not pick on identifiable groups of people in a manner corrosive of their very human dignity. She's a peckerwood, not meaning harm but craving for love. Her paranoid rant about the Twin Towers, though packaged as an indictment of "the government," really was a stab at the more-ubiquitous today, it seems, paranoid "them," the safe target for intellectually-challenged, stability-impaired, would-be divas of the hip, something she will never be. Another thing she'll never be like is David Duke, and you should be ashamed of yourself, Missus.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 06:11:16 PM »

The people I know in Ohio who don't believe 9/11 happened the way the government said...none of them are Holocaust deniers.   That's a laughable attempt at a smear.   
No, they're just citizens who rightly or wrongly do not trust the government approved story of 9/11, of at least one of the buildings.  They aren't structural engineers or explosives experts.  They just do not buy it.  Some I find to be wacky. Some I know quite well and they're not at all wacky.  I think they have more in common with people who don't believe in the Warren Report version of JFK's assassination.   
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 06:25:18 PM »
I checked out Zak's website, "American Thinker," from which I learned that not only are 9-11 conspiracy buffs Holocaust deniers, but that Cindy Sheehan is a Nazi and that John Kerry solicited KKK votes.

Geeze, this guy is a real wake-up call for America!  German lessons anyone?

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 07:03:20 PM »
The people I know in Ohio who don't believe 9/11 happened the way the government said...none of them are Holocaust deniers.   That's a laughable attempt at a smear.   

Perhaps some reading leassons are in order. "They bear resemblance to another particularly virulent conspiracy nut -- the Holocaust denier," does not mean that you must be a Holocaust denier to believe in the 9/11 conspiracy theories. It just means that both stem from similar forms of (flawed) thinking.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

domer

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 07:23:39 PM »
This is a "curious" juxtaposition by a couple of hate-filled pricks. It's not, to me, the labyrinthine connections of a paranoid mind that causes concern here, but the NECESSARY equations of the two distinct efforts in that regard in terms of hate-filled intent. Fuck you, Ami.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 07:25:49 PM by domer »

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 07:25:18 PM »
Fuck you, Ami.

You're not my type. Thanks for the offer, though.
Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight. (Benjamin Franklin)

domer

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 07:30:48 PM »
Pathetic.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 08:28:43 PM »
Pathetic.

Yeah, your "fuck you" sure was pathetic.

The_Professor

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 10:16:21 PM »
Domer, you must be schezofrentic. Sometimes., I must read and re-read your posts because they are so deep and then you go off and act like a teenager. Go figure!

The_Professor

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2007, 10:17:19 PM »
BT, please feel free to kick off folks who act like this. You have my permission (not that you need it). Anytime will suffice.

Amianthus

• Bring on the flames...
    • View Profile
    • Mario's Home Page
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2007, 10:26:41 PM »
Domer, you must be schezofrentic. Sometimes., I must read and re-read your posts because they are so deep and then you go off and act like a teenager. Go figure!

Domer does that when he has no cogent response.

MissusDe

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2007, 10:33:09 PM »
A scurrilous attempt at right-wing smears, Missus, but for what reason?

Dang, domer. You do love to assign motive and intent, don't you?

You know, if you truly wanted to know why I posted the article, you could have asked me without inserting your opinion.  I would have gladly answered:  "Because I think Rosie O'Donnell is a no-talent tool.  If her blog wasn't evidence enough, her willingness to join the Conspiracy Lemmings ought to prove it."

larry

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2007, 10:47:20 PM »
All the feds had to do was let the so called "conspiracy nuts" access to the crime scene. If they could not come up with any evidence that would have ended the suspicion. I don't think Rossie did anything wrong. All she really ask for is a real investigation.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 11, 2007, 11:04:32 PM »
All the feds had to do was let the so called "conspiracy nuts" access to the crime scene. If they could not come up with any evidence that would have ended the suspicion. I don't think Rossie did anything wrong. All she really ask for is a real investigation.

Do the conspiracy nuts include any qualified investigators?

How credulous does one have to be to doubt the population of New York as witnesses?