Author Topic: Iron dome is working  (Read 3986 times)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Iron dome is working
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2014, 08:11:18 PM »
   This is a large number of rockets, this is tons of cargo.

How is this getting in there?

If I were a prisoner in a prison I felt was unjust , I might build a boat or even a tunnel to escape.

Gaza fishing boats go out and come back with fish, and Gazan tunnels cost as much as housing upgrades for huge neighborhoods would , but no one is escaping through them.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2014, 01:34:26 AM »
I don't think fishermen are allowed to sail beyond a certain point.

I suppose some people do escape, but deem it foolish to make it public.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2014, 07:02:54 PM »
  If it is possible to smuggle many tones of Cement in, it can't be that much harder to smuggle a few people out.

That there is no place for them to go next is more the problem.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2014, 07:07:35 PM »
Cement requires no passport or papers. There are very few totally impenetrable borders anywhere. But that does not mean that Gaza is not a prison.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2014, 08:09:32 PM »
Actually it does, since people can still come and go...unlike a prison
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2014, 10:03:56 PM »
There are many prisons where people come and go, and more than the people in Gaza do.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2014, 11:08:12 PM »
   Prisons would not be so bad if we were carefull to lock up plenty of decent people.

How many Prisons are built by the inmates ?

When Gaza was released from occupation it was hailed as a great step forward and a preview of the "two state solution".

In hindsight it seems strange that anyone expected it to be an advance at all, it is so obviously a bad situation.

In foresight , is this a true vision of how well a "two state solution" might work?

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2014, 01:26:39 AM »
I know next to nothing about that world but I never had the impression that those two wanted a solution to co-exist.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2014, 03:14:43 AM »
There are many prisons where people come and go, and more than the people in Gaza do.

Visitors and staff, sure.  People in Gaza can come and go as well....which agan debunks the ridicuolus claim that Gaza is no different than some prison    :o
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2014, 03:20:40 AM »
I know next to nothing about that world but I never had the impression that those two wanted a solution to co-exist.

There can be no solution between 2 sides, when one of those sides is set on seeing the other side cease to exist.  A solution requires that both recognize the other.  There will never be peace so long as Israel's right to exist is never established as a foundation to any peace.

Lemme put it another way....if Palestinians were to unilaterally lay down their arms, there'd be peace.  If the Israelis were to unilaterally lay down their arms, they'd be slaughtered

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2014, 06:37:09 AM »
   Americans seem prejudiced in favor of peace.

We shouldn't assume that everyone is , there seems be things that some people would rather have than peace.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2014, 07:40:55 AM »
There are a considerable number of Zionists that claim that Palestinians do not exist and that they have a right to all of the West Bank.
There are murderous groups on both sides that would want to assassinate any leader that agreed with the other side.

I reiterate: this struggle is as important to me as the struggle over Kashmir. The problem is the US will not treat it as such. Withdraw aid and tax breaks to Israel, just as we do not provide these to anyone in Kashmir. If we did this, we might see a two state solution. If we don't do this, it is almost certain that the current mess will continue, and we will get the bill for it.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2014, 10:56:40 AM »
   Americans seem prejudiced in favor of peace.

We shouldn't assume that everyone is , there seems be things that some people would rather have than peace.

Exactly, and while there may be some Zionists' that don't believe there should be any Palestinians, that's not a mandate of their Government, nor something they're teaching in their schools

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2014, 12:52:23 PM »
Many of the Israeli fanatics do not say there should not be any Palestinians, they say there are none.

Jews are experts at public relations, advertising and propaganda.

Arabs, especially clowns like Hamas are absolutely no good at all at convincing anyone other than other Muslims. In the Muslim world, the authenticity of a statement comes from the status of the "expert" that makes it. To most Westerners, Joe Isuzu is more credible than Muhammad himself.

Muslims are illogical like fundie televangelists on steroids.

The fact remains that incarcerating a million and a half people for several lifetimes is a humanitarian outrage.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2014, 01:02:53 PM »
Your opinion at how evil and manipulative the Jews are is duly noted.  The FACT remains that it's the Palestinians led by Hamas that won't accept a state of Isreal to exist in the region.  And will literally launch rockets from densely populated regions of Gaza to specifically get a max amount of their own civilian casualties, in a retaliatory response.  Not the other way around
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 01:59:47 PM by sirs »