Author Topic: Obama and Islam  (Read 2369 times)

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Obama and Islam
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2007, 08:50:27 PM »
Not only did I WITNESS Pipes, I even responded to him.  I got lower standards than you, domer.  I'll respond to almost anyone.

Richpo64

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2007, 09:20:47 PM »
>>That this is total bullshit is proven by the fact that Pipes never voiced any concern at all as to how the Muslims would react to a Jewish Zionist Veep when Lieberman was in the running.<<

Do you really think it would be nessecary? Most of us already know how they would react.

Richpo64

« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2007, 09:25:01 PM »
>>Obama's family connection to Islam is as relevant to his candidacy as JFK's Catholicism, or moreso because of its novelty and experiential spread from the life-experiences of most Americans.<<

I disagree. Considering the times in which we live, I think it does matter to the exstent that the author mentions.  Had Cathollics been at war with America in 1960, Kennedy's religion would have been at issue for much the same reasons.

Michael Tee

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2007, 10:26:11 PM »
<<Do you really think it would be nessecary? Most of us already know how they would react.>>

What I think I know about possible Muslim reaction to anything isn't the last word and certainly what the general public thinks it knows about this isn't the last word either.  There's a lot of Muslims out there and I don't believe they or any other group that size would think in lock-step.  As a matter of fact, I know they wouldn't.  So, while Pipes' opinions on how the Muslim world would react to a Jewish Zionist Veep wouldn't be necessary in any sense of the word, they would certainly be interesting to a lot of people, myself included, whether I agreed with him or not.

Pipes did not refrain from commenting publicly on how Muslims might react to a successful run by Lieberman because it "wasn't necessary;" Pipes held off comment because it would obviously hurt Lieberman's chances, and Pipes, promoting Israel's interests 24/7 even at the expense of America's, was not about to do anything to hurt the chances of someone on "his side" becoming Vice President and possibly even President of the U.S.A.

terra

« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2007, 04:13:22 PM »
What does Obama have to do with Muslims..that is except for his father..who left when he was a baby, was Muslim? His Mother married someone that was stationed in Indonesia when Barack was 5...so what? My Dad was in the Air Force(Army Air Corp), as was my Mom (WAC)..and we were stationed in North Africa, I went to first  and part of second grade there.. My Dad was Roman Catholic and my Mom Luthern...I  am certainly not Muslim or any kind of  Monotheist.

Obama was raised by his Christian grandparents in Hawaii in the Church of Christ church.
But then I guess it's the only way any repub can win...cheat and lie. Nothing new here. Faux is still spreading manure,  Drudge is still spooning it out...and the folks here are still eating it.

terra

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2007, 04:16:11 PM »
What does Obama have to do with Muslims..that is except for his father..who left when he was a baby, was Muslim? His Mother married someone that was stationed in Indonesia when Barack was 5...so what? My Dad was in the Air Force(Army Air Corp), as was my Mom (WAC)..and we were stationed in North Africa, I went to first  and part of second grade there.. My Dad was Roman Catholic and my Mom Luthern...I  am certainly not Muslim or any kind of  Monotheist.

Obama was raised by his Christian grandparents in Hawaii in the Church of Christ church.
But then I guess it's the only way any repub can win...cheat and lie. Nothing new here. Faux is still spreading manure,  Drudge is still spooning it out...and the folks here are still eating it.

terra

Welcome Terra!  How have you been? 

terra

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2007, 04:28:39 PM »

terra

Welcome Terra!  How have you been? 

I am doing great! How have you been? How was the holidays?
I thought I would stop off and check on the old place...I see nothing has changed, but there are some new members...HI  new members!

terra

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2007, 04:32:41 PM »
I am doing well and the Holidays were terriffic (I am broke for the next month).

Some of the new members are quite interesting , but I miss the particular spice you brought to the conversation .

Feel free to drop by and feel welcome as frequently as pleases you.

terra

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2007, 04:45:37 PM »

I am doing well and the Holidays were terriffic (I am broke for the next month).

Some of the new members are quite interesting , but I miss the particular spice you brought to the conversation .

I spend a good part of my time at On Faith...a site by NewsWeek and Washingtonpost. Shall I say they are a little less at your throat and I have them thinking I am a sane, ballanced person. It is an interesting site with many Christian,Muslim, Jewish,  atheist and even a token Pagan leader. The Dailai  Lama has commented as well as Hitchens and Dawkins. Interesting bunch.

I have discovered that I am nicer when I spend less time here.  But I do miss you all...

terra

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2007, 04:57:08 PM »

I spend a good part of my time at On Faith...a site by NewsWeek and Washingtonpost. Shall I say they are a little less at your throat and I have them thinking I am a sane, ballanced person. It is an interesting site with many Christian,Muslim, Jewish,  atheist and even a token Pagan leader. The Dailai  Lama has commented as well as Hitchens and Dawkins. Interesting bunch.

I have discovered that I am nicer when I spend less time here.  But I do miss you all...

terra

How the site pleases you (or doesn't ) is the key. Don't stay longer than you enjoy , just return when we are what you are in the mood for.

I am very pleased that you have thought of us , take a dip , but towelll off again before you are too soaked.

..........and I have them thinking I am a sane, ballanced person.

You are what you pass for........

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2007, 06:03:07 PM »
Terra!!! How are you?

terra

terra

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2007, 08:38:39 PM »
Terra!!! How are you?

Henny! How wonderful to read you again! I have been very well...in fact I have been wonderful. About four months ago my hubby and I got two horses...they were rescue horses, they were going hungry, standing in what looked more of a parking lot.there is something about animals that are starved and uncared for, somwething that breaks your heart.
 A 5 year old mare and her foal...and they are awesome! lol. Quarter horses, bays with black legs, tails and manes..and I am in love. They have  just been just given the ok by the vet that they are almost to where they should be.

Life has been worth living! So how are you? How is the family?

terra

Henny

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2007, 06:58:06 AM »
Terra - what wonderful news for you and your husband, and how great that you could rescue those poor horses.

My family is doing very well. I lived in Amman, Jordan for about a year, then back to the U.S. for 8 months... and I just arrived back in Jordan 2 weeks ago today. (I was going to wait to re-relocate until the spring, but decided to come back now.) So it's a much different life for me than before, and I am enjoying all of the new experiences. My son will be 4 in a couple of months - how time flies!