Author Topic: Obama caught making condescending and elitist comments  (Read 3304 times)

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Obama caught making condescending and elitist comments
« on: April 12, 2008, 10:08:17 AM »
You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing?s replaced them?And they fell through the Clinton Administration, and the Bush Administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not.

And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.

Lanya

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Obama caught making condescending and elitist comments
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2008, 12:39:37 PM »
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc9PepjyDow[/youtube]
Planned Parenthood is America’s most trusted provider of reproductive health care.

Rich

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2008, 01:54:40 PM »
It looks like we're seeing Obama and his wife for what they truly are; angry Black people, with a large dose of liberal elitism for good measure. I'm willing to say right now that Obama can't win in the general election. He's be shown for the elitist angry ultra liberal her is. But then Senator McCain seems to think pointing that out might be mean spirited and unfair.

God help us, John McCain is our candidate ...  :(

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 02:58:06 PM »
You know, this will not get me invited over for dinner at the Michael Savage home, but I don't see Obama as much angry, as naive.  And that's actually more dangerous, as President.  If it weren't for the egregiously terrible Presidency of Carter, we might not have anything close to our current threat of Islamofascism.  We likely wouldn't have had the Ayatollah Khamenei, we likely wouldn't have had Saddam in power.  I mean, his completely ignorant and naive foreign policy could be argued as the primary reason the Islamic world is what it is today.  Just my opinion, but Obama's naivety towards our enemies appears to be on par with Carter's

And that's not just scary, it's downright dangerous
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2008, 04:03:32 PM »
God, every time I hear about some kind of horrible and terrible thing that Obama is to have uttered, I check it out.  And not just every once in a while but EVERY time, it turns out that it is something that is absolutely true and speaking to the heart of Americans who just want to live their lives and resolve issues rather than argue of who is to blame or whether or not it plays to those watching on tv.

And it seems like those who post or comment or editorialize or run their damn jabberjaws on tv about Obama and his alleged gaffs are the ones who are NOT interested in resolving issues or conflicts because it doesn't involve them or their team or their god damned paycheck winning.

The only thing that is left for those types is go nuclear and try to take Obama down in any way they can.  They continue to try and paint him as some kind of extremist who doesn't seem to understand the world at large but, in fact, the opposite is true.  They're only hope is to push him over the edge by continuing to throw shit at him.  Throw the kitchen sink at him till he breaks and makes some unbelievable gaff.  And that, to the loser assholes will seem like a win to them.

Obama has actually been out of the US of A before taking office (unlike W).  He knows what it is like to be at the end of one's rope and come back from the brink. 

Rich

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2008, 06:23:22 PM »
>>He knows what it is like to be at the end of one's rope and come back from the brink.<<

What the hell are you talking about?

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2008, 08:08:41 PM »
God, every time I hear about some kind of horrible and terrible thing that Obama is to have uttered, I check it out.  And not just every once in a while but EVERY time, it turns out that it is something that is absolutely true and speaking to the heart of Americans who just want to live their lives and resolve issues rather than argue of who is to blame or whether or not it plays to those watching on tv.

I so much feel your pain ,I have the same experience every time I hear about some kind of horrible and terrible thing that President Bush  is to have uttered, I check it out.  And not just every once in a while but EVERY time, it turns out that it is something that is absolutely true and speaking to the heart of Americans who just want to live their lives and resolve issues rather than argue of who is to blame or whether or not it plays to those watching on tv.

Still if every "gotcha" is exploited to the maximum it can be gullible people become the swing vote.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 03:34:46 AM »
Odds are pretty good Obama is the next president.

R.R.

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 03:48:31 AM »
Newt weighs in on Obama's outrageous comments:

If you go to the most expensive private school in Hawaii and then move on to Columbia University and Harvard Law School, you may not understand normal Americans. Their beliefs are so alien to your leftwing viewpoint that you have to seek some psychological explanation for what seem to be weird ideas.

They can't really believe in the right to bear arms.

They can't really believe in traditional marriage.

They can't really believe in their faith in God.

They can't really want to enforce the law on immigration.

Therefore, they must be "bitter" and "frustrated."

This is the closest Senator Obama has come to openly sharing his wife's view that "America is a mean country." Not since Governor Dukakis have we seen anyone so out of touch with normal Americans. It makes perfect sense that it was in a fundraiser in San Francisco that he would have shared the views he has so carefully kept hidden for the entire campaign.

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 04:06:40 AM »
The smartest thing McCain is doing right now is staying above the fray.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2008, 05:16:34 AM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080413/ap_on_el_pr/obama_clinton

A lot of Democrats are still saying that these remarks are "true " but poorly phrased , this attitude is self inflicted harm.

Brassmask

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2008, 08:00:44 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080413/ap_on_el_pr/obama_clinton

A lot of Democrats are still saying that these remarks are "true " but poorly phrased , this attitude is self inflicted harm.

It's not poorly phrased.

It's apt, I tell you, apt!

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2008, 11:24:59 PM »
So we are to assume that there are no people at all in small towns in dead-end situations that are not bitter who do not turn to churches and guns for consolation and who do not blame illegal immigrants for their plights?

Of course this is true. No one is telling anyone what to believe, though. It was a correct observation that Obama made.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2008, 03:13:52 AM »
It isn't true that the reason for the second admendment and Churches is bitterness caused by economic hardship, but if you think that this is a winning theisis for a campaign then by all means continue to expound on the subject.