Author Topic: The Tyranny of Suffrage  (Read 5524 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Tyranny of Suffrage
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2016, 08:57:22 PM »
And you are apparently incapable of doing context
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2016, 09:18:31 PM »
According to the article Religious Dick posted, giving women the vote should never have been done.

All is not lost, over half this planet this catastrophe has not yet happened.

That this afflicts mostly the richer half of the world must be a coincidence.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2016, 01:19:49 PM »
 When a society does not pay women a living wage, or allow them to work at all, then women have only two choices, get parried or remain unmarried and living with her parents. The Catholic Church also offered the possibility of becoming  a nun (by means of a ceremony in which they married Jesus), but there are no Muslim nuns.

When a society allows most women to work, then it becomes more prosperous, and then  women become more independent. They no longer have to put up with husbands who beat them, or being segregated from the rest of society.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2016, 01:22:24 PM »
Gibberish. You can't read writing.

Ignorance.  You can't read context
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2016, 01:26:15 PM »
You have not understood this article.It is clearly against woman suffrage. It blames women having the vote for the collapse of civilization.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2016, 01:28:53 PM »
I'm not referring to the article.  I'm referring to the concept the article brings up......ITS CALLED CONTEXT

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2016, 07:32:11 PM »
When a society does not pay women a living wage, or allow them to work at all,........................

Yes , a decree that there shall be at least 50% functional illiteracy doesn't really produce any winners.

Also there should be pretty good reason to forbid a large part of the talent pool from practicing their individual best talents. Frivolous reasons just cost the population these services for no return.

But there is an "other hand" and it is important in international politics and warfare.

Women devoted to childbearing and forbidden most else do produce lots of children. This is good for warfare if your strategy is based on "there are plenty more ".

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2016, 11:33:59 PM »
I'm not referring to the article.  I'm referring to the concept the article brings up......ITS CALLED CONTEXT

That makes no sense at all.
What do you think the article means?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2016, 02:22:09 AM »
The article brings up the CONCEPT of trying to force equality where its either not practical or possible.   My comments have never been specific to women.   They are related to the concept that the article brings up.  That's the context you're so hopelessly unable to attain

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2016, 02:29:05 AM »
It is about the evils brought on by woman suffrage. Hence the title.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2016, 03:52:09 AM »
And one more time...I wasn't referring to the specifics of the article, hence the title is irrelevant to the tangent I was elaborating on....that being THE CONCEPT THAT THE ARTICLE BRINGS UP, regarding the misguided attempts to mandate equality     ::)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2016, 09:31:24 AM »
I see you enjoy deflecting the issue to something vague and irrational.
The phrase "All men are created equal" meant to the writers of the Declaration of Independence that an men should be seen as equal before the law. In England, commoners, nobility and clergy were tried in separate courts. The nobility were given specials treatment and special favors by the Crown. It is not clear whether the writers of the Declaration of Independence meant that women should have the same rights as men, either.

The phrase now applies to women, but I doubt that all the signers of the declaration thought that women had the same rights as men.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: February 02, 2016, 10:57:24 AM »
Discussing a tangential issue, isn't what you you do best, as in deflection.  the article itseif was good as it relates to women's rights.  I simply added to the concept being made, regarding trying to mandate equality for other issues.  CONTEXT is everything, when trying to address the point being made....or your case, in the effort to avoid that point being made

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: February 02, 2016, 12:19:17 PM »
You have no point, other than you do not like the idea of the government helping those citizens who have been oppressed by both the law and the society for many many years. Big whoop.

The article  is a reactionary anti-feminist screed  that approximates Taliban attitudes.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2016, 03:39:16 PM »
I have a perfectly valid point that you are tangibly desperate not to acknowledge.  No surprise there