Author Topic: Let's just throw the rule-book away  (Read 9077 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Let's just throw the rule-book away
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2010, 08:16:12 PM »
I realize you keep wanting to go back to "we the people", which is why I keep going back to Average Joey, who then becomes a large chunk of "we the people" after having been properly "educated", to help perpetuate the relection of the status quo.  Who wants to be not for "helping the children"?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2010, 09:08:03 PM »
So the average joey who is a large chunk of we the people is a victim?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: December 29, 2010, 10:12:18 PM »
School boards are NOT run by unions. They are not run by union "bosses", who are elected by teachers. School boards are elected by the citizens, and the citizens are then told by state legislatures (here in Florida dominated by idiotic Republicans). If the teachers tell the people (usually fellow teachers elected by the teachers) that they want to change or affect the curriculum in a negotiated contract, that is what the bargaining committee will do.

Only on Planet Sirs do evil union thug bosses descend from on high and screw up curricula and ruin the public schools.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2010, 01:02:01 AM »
Getting a lot done as lame ducks that they were afaraid to do as representatives is getting dome what they are aware was voted against .

Do you think the majority who sent them there think that way, or do you think they consider it unfinished business, even as the majority who recalled them wish the term ended at the election instead of the start of the new congress.

Isn't it really just a matter of perspective.

They got busy after the majority expressed disaproval, don't loose the timeline.

Did the majority express random disaproval or did they disaprove of what the Congress has been doing lately? This is an embarrasment to the principal of the government being of and by the people, the congress proves that many of its members want to do what is right in spite of the will of the people.

This isn't right , because it isn't the will of the people.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2010, 01:16:43 AM »
Only on Planet Sirs do evil union thug bosses descend from on high and screw up curricula and ruin the public schools.

Here in Planet CA, reality rules
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: December 30, 2010, 12:43:22 PM »
The main problem in California schools was not caused by teachers unions and cannot be solved by school boards. The main problem is that there are too many students whose native language is something other than English, and they are here because of lax immigration policies, which can only be changed by the national government. School boards and unions cannot build a fence around the entire state and station snipers along every shore. Nor can they expel anyone who has the legal right to be in school.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: December 30, 2010, 01:45:03 PM »
The main problem in CA schools is PRECISELY caused by the Teachers' unions, along with our piss poor enforcement of Immigration laws by the Government.  Notice the theme once again?....Unions and Government.  Using their influence on the Democrats they've bought, they block every rational legislative effort to reform the system, including moving bad teachers out and even blocking trial efforts at giving parents choice in where to send their own children.  Instead, they've pushed, and have gotten passed, just about every tax possible for "the children" of course, with the budget constitutionally fixed to provide a massive chunk directly to schools.  1 entity, Public Schools being provided a huge % of the CA state budget, compared to any other 1 entity.  Not to mention their support of providing education to all "the children" who don't speak English.  All the while, bad teachers continue to teach, with nothing short of an act of congress to fire a CA teacher.  and even that's not likely to be enough

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: December 30, 2010, 01:47:14 PM »

Average Joey, the ones who can't vote, yes

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: December 30, 2010, 02:36:31 PM »

Why can't the average joey vote, because he is still in school?

And when he is of age and can vote, is he not a victim then?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: December 30, 2010, 02:41:58 PM »

Why can't the average joey vote, because he is still in school?

Thus my differentiating your Average Joe from my Average Joey

And when he is of age and can vote, is he not a victim then?

You could make that arguement, but at that point, the education is largely complete......"Mr Senator, what pork can you provide for us now?"  "Miss Congresswoman, who else can you tax, and not me of course, for my little Joey's 'education'?"

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: December 30, 2010, 04:48:27 PM »
You could make that arguement, but at that point, the education is largely complete......"Mr Senator, what pork can you provide for us now?"  "Miss Congresswoman, who else can you tax, and not me of course, for my little Joey's 'education'?"

So resistance is futile.

The libs outsmarted the conservatives, because the libs took the longview and built a farm system that can go on for decades.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: December 30, 2010, 05:06:58 PM »

So resistance is futile.

I don't think I ever said that.  But it wouldn't be the 1st time your conclusions on my position were grossly in error.  I'm merely providing you a status report

The libs outsmarted the conservatives, because the libs took the longview and built a farm system that can go on for decades.

That's likely the goal, and just as likely, well established.  I don't see it as concrete however, but fixing it is going to require major reformation in our education system.....and time.  Fiscally however, the state may not have much time left

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2010, 06:25:40 PM »
But it wouldn't be the 1st time your conclusions on my position were grossly in error.

I don't believe I stated that was your position, though you have stated that in between the education system brainwashing the masses and the dems controlling the redistricting process the outlook is grim.

I admire your fortitude for not accepting the things that seemingly can not be changed.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2010, 06:37:23 PM »
But it wouldn't be the 1st time your conclusions on my position were grossly in error.

I don't believe I stated that was your position

So your conclusion to my response that "resistance is futile" was........Plane's position?

you have stated that in between the education system brainwashing the masses and the dems controlling the redistricting process the outlook is grim.

Yea.....and?

« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 06:57:21 PM by sirs »

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2010, 07:01:55 PM »
So your conclusion to my response that "resistance is futile" was........Plane's position?

Did you say resistance was futile, or did I?