Author Topic: The Muslim Brotherhood is the enemy  (Read 12162 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The Muslim Brotherhood is the enemy
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2011, 06:26:54 PM »
Sorry, doesn't work that way.  The soldiers are a direct offshoot of the military.  The Cub Scouts are an offshoot of the Boy Scouts.  Wolverine was an offshoot of the X-men movies. 

So no, not a "common link" in even the most rationalized effort on your part.  We're talking about direct links

But to placate your rationalizion effort, I thoroughly and demonstrably denounce the actions of the Abu Ghraib guards who performed those heinous acts of torment & torture, and were prosecuted & convicted on
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 06:50:15 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2011, 06:27:56 PM »

just as you are under no obligation to condemn the actions of a few at Abu Ghraib
wearing the uniform of your country.

If a US soldier acts in a disgraceful manner it is a poor reflection on my country.
It may not be an "obligation" by law, but I would see it as an obligation of
decency. Wouldn't you? This week I showed my disgust with the married
Republican Congressman trolling CraigsList looking for sex from strangers.
I was raised Catholic and strongly condemn all the sick homo priests that
have raped young boys. In fact I would support an execution sentence for
these reckless homo priests. Silence is not always golden!
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2011, 06:39:17 PM »

just as you are under no obligation to condemn the actions of a few at Abu Ghraib
wearing the uniform of your country.

If a US soldier acts in a disgraceful manner it is a poor reflection on my country.
It may not be an "obligation" by law, but I would see it as an obligation of
decency. Wouldn't you? This week I showed my disgust with the married
Republican Congressman trolling CraigsList looking for sex from strangers.
I was raised Catholic and strongly condemn all the sick homo priests that
have raped young boys. In fact I would support an execution sentence for
these reckless homo priests. Silence is not always golden!

Nothing in my posts precludes you from condemning, if you so wish.

I just don't see it as some requirement and failure to do so indicates complicity( or speaks volumes and will be duly noted) in acts you have no control over.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2011, 06:47:04 PM »
I have a closer "links" to Kevin Bacon than the soldiers of Abu Ghraib......if that helps.  And I already explained the "need" vs your use of "requirement".  It's a far more pertinent question by an organization whose direct links assasinated an Egyptian President.  Which would ironically likely help answer your questions in the process. 

Your free to disregard it however.  Some sources have been presented, per your demand
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2011, 06:51:42 PM »
It's a far more pertinent question by an organization whose direct links assasinated an Egyptian President.

You haven't shown any direct links to the Muslim Brotherhood.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2011, 06:56:01 PM »
Yes, we have...via those direct links both I and Cu4 have provided.  Muslim Brotherhood --direct link --> Islamic Jihad -- assassinated -->  Sadat

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2011, 06:59:13 PM »
Yes, we have...via those direct links both I and Cu4 have provided.

Those were splinter groups. Not direct links.

You claimed as did the guest on your radio show that the Muslim Brotherhood killed Sadat.

You have not proven that.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2011, 07:06:42 PM »
They WERE a direct link to MB.  If we were talking AlQeada or Hamas or Hezobollah, then you'd have a leg to stand on.  They WERE an offshoot of and directly conntected to MB

My claim was based on what was reported, NOT that it echoed something I already believed.  And upon further review, the connection remains undebunked.  The fact that you can't produce any spefic denouncement by MB of this supposed Indep group supposedly not associated with MB in any way.........drum roll.........speaks volumes

In other words, I haven't proven it to your satisfaction.......as if that would ever happen

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2011, 07:26:11 PM »
If the killers were an offshoot of, how could they be directly related to the Muslim Brotherhood?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2011, 07:55:36 PM »
Because that's who they were directly connected to.  They weren't an offshoot of the Taliban.  You can keep trying to defend the MB with these semantic games, but the connections/sources you demanded of the link between Sadat and MB have been provided.  Enjoy 

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2011, 08:08:13 PM »
Because that's who they were directly connected to.  They weren't an offshoot of the Taliban.  You can keep trying to defend the MB with these semantic games, but the connections/sources you demanded of the link between Sadat and MB have been provided.  Enjoy

I'm not defending anyone. If you can prove a direct link then do so, that was your claim.

There is only an indirect link as far as I can see. And the reason the link is indirect is because the brotherhood splintered, for some reason. So what was the reason that the group directly responsible for killing Sadat splintered from the Muslim brotherhood? Why is the Muslim Brotherhood not on the terror watch list, if they are directly responsible for a head of states assassination?

And probably in the answer to those questions, the truth, no matter what it may be, will be furthered.

And that is what I am after. That is the goal of my questions.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2011, 08:16:36 PM »

I'm not defending anyone. If you can prove a direct link then do so, that was your claim.

LOL....its like BT demanding "show me you exist dammit.  I want proof that you exist"  The links were provided.  Your choice to ignore them and keep demanding to see what's already been shown.  And you can play the semantic indirect splinter tact, all the while ignoring the fact its the Muslim Brotherhood were talking about.  Not an AlQeada offshoot, Taliban splinter, Hamas subset, etc., but MB

Link has been shown;  Muslim Brotherhood --direct link --> Islamic Jihad -- assassinated -->  Sadat .  Ignore at your leisure

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2011, 08:26:13 PM »
Link has been shown;  Muslim Brotherhood --direct link --> Islamic Jihad -- assassinated -->  Sadat .  Ignore at your leisure

Then we will leave it at you can not show that the Muslim Brotherhood assassinated Sadat.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2011, 08:32:07 PM »
I clarified my earlier reference that I heard on the radio, which still remains undebunked.  A group, directly linked to the Muslim Brotherhood, assassinated Sadat

Now, you may ignore at your leisure

BT

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • DebateGate
  • Liked:
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2011, 09:05:44 PM »
I clarified my earlier reference that I heard on the radio, which still remains undebunked.  A group, directly linked to the Muslim Brotherhood, assassinated Sadat

Now, you may ignore at your leisure

When did you do that. Did you take back your assertion that the MB did it? Perhaps you can provide that link.

Holding the MB responsible for some splinter groups actions is akin to holding me responsible for my ex-wifes actions.

I think that this board would be better served if the folks who want to damn all muslims as jihadists just admit that they think the only good muslim is a dead one and be done with it.