Author Topic: Before the irrational emotional arguments start pouring in....  (Read 6691 times)

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Before the irrational emotional arguments start pouring in....
« on: December 14, 2012, 04:14:28 PM »
The tragedy that has hit Connecticut....no words can express the horror those families are having to live thru rght now.  Many of them perhaps even curing God, as to why he would allow something like this to happen.  Without being intimate with the events unfolding, none of us have any clue as to what anyone is feeling, the depth of their sorrow, if not anger

If we can all focus on providing support, encouragement, prayers and/or good wishes, we can all be a part of the healing process

However, if some folks want to take this tragedy and start beating the emotional drum to push political agendas, like this is supposedly the reason we need stricter gun control.....for you folks, I feel sorry for you.  Connecticut has some of the strictest gun laws in the nation.  Schools are designated gun free zones.  That didn't stop this murderer did it.  What it did do is provide the perfect enviroment for someone intent on killing, to enter an area he was confident couldn't defend itself, and kill at will.  And he did.   

So no, we're not going to repeal the 2nd amendment.  And no, even stricter gun laws aren't going to prevent these rare tragedies from occuring.  It's merely going to provide even more defenseless targets, for those intent on killing, and could care less about laws
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
Re: Before the irrational emotional arguments start pouring in....
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 04:47:12 PM »
Too bad brave sirs was not there with his Trusty Roscoe.

Will he send flowers rather than renew his NRA membership?

Of course, those teachers probably belonged to a union, so they deserved to die, right?

"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 04:49:32 PM »
Yea, too bad, and its a sig sauer, not a roscoe.......and I'm not a member of the NRA either.  Do you ever tire of being so wrong, so often?
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2012, 05:01:03 PM »
"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2012, 06:18:39 PM »
I was unaware that there ever was a gun named "Roscoe". It was just a nickname from the days of Gene Autrey and Roy Rogers films. Of course, I am not surprised that you are not an NRA member, since you seem to think of it as some sort of civil rights organization.

Maybe you should give all those dead children a 21 gun salute. I don't think you need 21 guns to do that, you can get by with only shooting the same gun 21 times in a pinch.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2012, 06:50:04 PM »
Of course, I am not surprised that you are not an NRA member, since you seem to think of it as some sort of civil rights organization.

and of course the part where I specifically said it wasn't, is just.........just needs to be ignored apparently since it doesn't fit your template.  Sad, wrong, yet again

Maybe you should give all those dead children a 21 gun salute.

Why?  I think I already referenced what we should all give them.....support, encouragement, prayers and/or good wishes.  But I guess you need to ignore what I said there as well.      ::)

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2012, 06:55:19 PM »
Lets give them a pass .

It is inapropriate to use the dead in this incident as pawns in anyones game .

The flags in Georgia are going to fly at half staff next few days.

I will minimise my comments where they might possibly aggravate greif.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2012, 07:03:23 PM »
That was my hope as well, with the 1st post in this thread, Plane.  Support, encouragement, prayers and/or good wishes, in this horrible time of grief for so many.  For those who want to take this tragedy and start beating the emotional drum to push political agendas....for those folks, I feel sorry for them

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2012, 07:07:59 PM »
That was my hope as well, with the 1st post in this thread, Plane.  Support, encouragement, prayers and/or good wishes, in this horrible time of grief for so many.  For those who want to take this tragedy and start beating the emotional drum to push political agendas....for those folks, I feel sorry for them

I applaud your intent .

But this is going to be difficult.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2012, 07:13:25 PM »
It ususally is, .....when emotions take center stage

BSB

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2012, 09:34:32 PM »
Sirs is not a member of the NRA? What a cheap bastard. And here I thought my opinion of him couldn't get any lower.

Aside from their rather radical politics, and choices of lead spokesmen like "from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston, the NRA does some very good work.

BSB

Christians4LessGvt

• View Profile
    • "The Religion Of Peace"
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2012, 10:12:59 PM »
Sirs is not a member of the NRA? What a cheap bastard. And here I thought my opinion of him couldn't get any lower.

I doubt SIRS is not a member of the NRA because he is frugal, as stated in
another thread I just joined this week and hecks it's only $25 per year.

"Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall!" - Ronald Reagan - June 12, 1987

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2012, 10:35:15 PM »
Yes, that is the ticket.

Say how humongously sorry we are, pray for the departed souls of the innocent children, express immense sorrow for the existence of crazy well-armed loonies, and...then do nothing, or claim that it all happened because there are no pistol-packing principals in the blue state of Connecticut.

That is the clear solution to the problem.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2012, 10:52:21 PM »
Aside from their rather radical politics, and choices of lead spokesmen like "from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston, the NRA does some very good work.

Who claimed they didn't?     ::)

Say how humongously sorry we are, pray for the departed souls of the innocent children, express immense sorrow for the existence of crazy well-armed loonies, and...then do nothing, or claim that it all happened because there are no pistol-packing principals in the blue state of Connecticut.

That is the clear solution to the problem.

Where the rant isn't completely ignorant, the solution is pretty close

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2012, 10:58:09 PM »
I just heard a report that this school had a security system , such that visitors had to be buzzed in by a locked door .

This sounds like a good idea , but somehow it was not enough.

It is worthwile to think of security measures that have a chance of being effective, more worthwile than beating each other up about diffrences of opinion.

If I have a good idea , I will share it , but with no illusion that I can solve this problem.