Author Topic: JEFFERSON CITY, Mo  (Read 6866 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: JEFFERSON CITY, Mo
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2014, 07:16:00 PM »
 risk-reward

that`s the thing I wasn`t thinking in those terms. I`m thinking in a blaze of glory type thing and the use of the staffer for that factor . but I somehow thought of students being able to profile. now I just thought can student profile narcs in school. I think doubtful since the time frame is much too short . I doubt it`s feasible to have these officers stay in school that long.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2014, 07:34:03 PM »
I do not regard the idea of everyone swaggering around with a loaded gun to be related to the idea of freedom in any sense.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2014, 07:46:12 PM »
I do not regard the idea of everyone swaggering around with a loaded gun to be related to the idea of freedom in any sense.

That's too bad, since in America that's a conerstone to freedom, as espoused by our founders & the 2nd amendment to the Constitution of the Unitied States.  Topped only by the 1st amendment, that of the Freedom of Speech, that ironically you'd also try to squelch 

Also putting aside that the notion isn't that everyone be armed, only that everyone has the freedom to chose to be armed

Perhaps envy is a problem you're having.  Here's how you alleviate that.  Exercise that same freedom, and choose not to own a firearm......problem solved
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 08:24:36 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2014, 07:49:29 PM »
risk-reward

that`s the thing I wasn`t thinking in those terms. I`m thinking in a blaze of glory type thing and the use of the staffer for that factor . but I somehow thought of students being able to profile. now I just thought can student profile narcs in school. I think doubtful since the time frame is much too short . I doubt it`s feasible to have these officers stay in school that long.

Whatever the case may be, my guess is as long as there's no shootings, staffers with CCW's, could remain in that school indefinately, since again no one would know they had a concealed weapon, up until they actually had to use it in the defense of the children & school

Again, a win-win-win
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 08:05:32 PM by sirs »
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2014, 08:41:03 PM »
we`ll see

note I say with as little cynicism . because my scenario I prefer not to happen but had to bring up due to things I`ve seen happened that seems somewhat tied to this topic.

but it is true I don`t recall a death by cop in over a decade.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2014, 09:03:46 PM »
Everyone should DEFINITELY NOT have the right to be armed.

EVERYONE? Including the nuts that gun down tykes in schoolyards? Demented ex-Marines popping off citizens from a bell tower?

Punks cruising through neighborhoods spraying their neighbors with bullets?

That is not freedom.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2014, 09:53:27 PM »
Somew of the armed teachers are sure to be members of *the horror! the horror!* TEACHERS UNIONS!!!!!

Hahahahaha!

That is pretty funny.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2014, 10:24:43 PM »
I can' t say thirrs no armed nutjob since I actually know someone who truely fit that profile thiers unconfortably alot more subtle and harder to prevent. I had two workplace homicides in my experiences and  one job had a spree killer. Remember that hawaii ex-xerox employee killer ?  Had alot of seminars on dealing with that for months afterwards.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2014, 10:29:13 PM »
risk-reward

Two guys a day apart jump the fence at the white house.

If someone wants a big shootout there are already places to go and find armed response, what happens there?

The original idea of a school being a gun free zone is that with no guns no one gets shot, but how well does this idea really work? It isn't closed off like a bio dome.

If there are less than 300 spree shooters a year , then spree shooters are less than one in a million in the U.S. the problem is of small numbers, in large haystacks.

If we do nothing at all the casualties will probably remain pretty low.

If we encourage responsible persons to be armed and responsible about it , this will not save many lives in any obvious way. Whoever is deterred will never say so.

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2014, 10:41:28 PM »
I can' t say thirrs no armed nutjob since I actually know someone who truely fit that profile thiers unconfortably alot more subtle and harder to prevent. I had two workplace homicides in my experiences and  one job had a spree killer. Remember that hawaii ex-xerox employee killer ?  Had alot of seminars on dealing with that for months afterwards.

If a nutjob wants to be armed , isn't he?

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2014, 11:06:22 PM »
Everyone should DEFINITELY NOT have the right to be armed.

EVERYONE?

Yes, everyone LEGALLY allowed to.  So when you want to produce the invention that can identify psychopaths who intend to kill, anyone that by law who can, can exercise that freedom.   And ironically you can exercise your 1st amendment right to say the most ridiculous things

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2014, 12:25:17 PM »
So you are okay with nutjobs having the constitutional right to go around with loaded guns.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2014, 01:50:09 PM »
Your parameters for a "nutjob" leaves far too wide the possibility that perfectly sane folks would be denied their 2nd amendment right to own a firearm.  As I said, when you can invent the machine that can accurately point out someone who is going to murder someone, freedom takes prioroty

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2014, 06:24:32 PM »
So you are okay with nutjobs having the constitutional right to go around with loaded guns.

Of course I am should I loose sleep over this forever? There is no preventing a true nut from making himself as dangerous as he pleases.

What I really want is for the reasonable people who are well armed to outnumber the nuts.

Disarming every nut is unrealistic, extremely so.

Arming all the reasonable people is pretty easy.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2014, 06:36:36 PM »

What I really want is for the reasonable people who are well armed to outnumber the nuts.

Disarming every nut is unrealistic, extremely so.

Arming all the reasonable people is pretty easy.

BINGO !!