Author Topic: JEFFERSON CITY, Mo  (Read 6889 times)

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: JEFFERSON CITY, Mo
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2014, 10:01:49 PM »
The question is what causes a gun free zone? All the school i know that has them are  known to have gang activity nearby.  It's doubtful arming the staff will rud that neighborhood of gangs. . Notice very little on this topic has been on the subject of gangs and gangs are a fairly common factor of school shooting. But as i said before not noteworthy school shooting though.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2014, 04:26:16 AM »
The question is what causes a gun free zone?

Legislation, Regulation, or Business decision

All the school i know that has them are  known to have gang activity nearby.  It's doubtful arming the staff will rud that neighborhood of gangs.

Such legislation being passed in Missouri is not designed to deal with local gangs.  It has only 1 purpose, protect students from any potential threat of being killed by some person(s) who have some vendetta against the school, some students, the "system", or even the possibility of a terrorist act

Notice very little on this topic has been on the subject of gangs and gangs are a fairly common factor of school shooting.

See above statement, since again, it has very little to do with gangs in general, unless its gangs coming onto campus and killing students/faculty, which I haven't really heard of many such stories

But as i said before not noteworthy school shooting though.

And as I said, the legislation in question is really geared to trying to redefine "gun free zones" to would be Columbine-like killers.....that they really aren't
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2014, 11:51:26 AM »
I'm  saying since the focus is columbine type incidents  maybe to lesser known types of  shootings may not get stop. The gang shooting is  basicly student against student type and a armed staff  might not be able to catch that kid.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2014, 12:03:24 PM »
I doubt very seriously this will stop or even slow down gang shootings......outside of campus.  Then again, that's not its purpose either.  If there is some carry over, all the better I suppose
"The worst form of inequality is to try to make unequal things equal." -- Aristotle

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2014, 02:11:39 PM »
Oops miswrote. I meant stop shooting in schools caused by the gangs. But this is all speculation since we'll need a wait and see what happens in a few years. I'll say we'll see a dropoff due to the publicity than see if the students in question adapt and overcome the faculty later on.

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2014, 02:24:28 PM »
That would be idiotic.

This law will make no one safer, and probably no one less safe. It is silly for legislators to waste their time on silly symbolic acts like this.
"Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana."

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2014, 02:57:08 PM »
This law makes EVERY student safer, since it'll take as much as 5 minutes for the police to arrive, once the bad guy starts killing kids & teachers.  You might be ok with offing some extra students to placate your blinding ideolgy, but not I

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2014, 03:15:03 PM »
hmm
did not think of that , my situation doesn`t risk teachers very much only students. but mine is a lot more common than what is discussed here. the fact the spree killing is gets more attention than the student on student crime is the flaw .

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2014, 04:11:53 PM »
You bring up a good point, Kimba, in the 1 on 1 gangland style attack, on another student/gangmember, vs what this legislation is more designed for, the prevention of mass killings, at the hands of a dedicated murderer, operating in a so called "gun free zone".  The former probably doesn't get the attention it deserves.  I mean, look at Chicago...murders by guns, every day, though I'm not sure many of those are on school grounds, yet you hardly hear a peep in the news.  But if a Sandy Hook gets hit, its 24/7 news. 

Bottom line, is the more legal folks are trained and in a position to stop a wound be assassin/killer, the less lives lost while everyone is waiting for the police to arrive...with their guns

Plane

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2014, 11:56:13 PM »
   Prison.

Is a gun free zone.

Is a knife free zone.

No weapon of any kind is allowed .

Patrols very regularly.

Thus ...

Prison is as safe an environment against the potential of assault as rules can make it.

kimba1

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2014, 12:20:32 AM »
I`m pretty sure if we only stop spree killings the data will hardly show much of a decline but it does look great on paper

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2014, 03:02:52 AM »
Agreed....but it'll sure put a damper in the attempted spree killings.  What do you suggest to dent the other more prominent gang shooting problem?

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2014, 07:10:53 AM »
Yeah, more guns in Missouri public schools will surely stop gang violence in Chicago.

sirs

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2014, 11:07:05 AM »
And who chimed in with that deflection......oops, claim??     ::)

Xavier_Onassis

• View Profile
  • Liked:
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2014, 11:45:55 AM »
Just follow the idiotic conversation you clowns are having.